Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

4 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

yes, the page for that album does indicate that the majority of 21cb's sales came from outside the US. i will give you that.

however, the link i provided clearly indicates US sales being the main source of units sold (minus 21cb and RR, and trilogy only reflecting us and uk... individual album pages seem to have some varying figures as well), contradicting your notion of majority sales having shifted to outside the US. im also unable to find any source with figures anywhere near what youve quoted for RR.

its ok if you dont see how it fails to substantiate your claims, though the link provided shows it to be to the contrary of what youve said.

either way, im not here for a pissing contest man. ive said what ive said and provided sufficient data to illustrate and clarify. make of it what you will, or dont. either way, cheers to ya. 🥂

i hope the new record comes out (sooner than later) and sells record shattering numbers. everywhere.

i plan to have a taco party the day of release, as i have for each album since insomniac. everyone's invited to my place for tacos! BYOB 😎🍺🍹🍸

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I said that they sold more sales for their albums AFTER American Idiot. So 21CB, the trilogy and RevRad. The wiki page you cited to me only details worldwide sales up to American Idiot

Just now, Montclare said:

This site (only goes through March 2017) also has 700,000 worldwide and RevRad selling more in Europe than the US.

https://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-green-day-popularity-analysis/15/

This is what I was referencing originally. Previous pages also show the sales of previous albums including 21CB and the trilogy. On all of them, there are more sales outside the US than within the US

6 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

RevRad has sold over 1 million copies worldwide! It used to to be on the RevRad Wici page, but isn’t there anymore for some reason. Something like 300k in the US, 200k in Europe and Canada and over 500k around the rest of the world..

Maybe it was removed for a reason though. Like, it was inaccurate? Or lacked a source?

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Montclare said:

This site (only goes through March 2017) also has 700,000 worldwide and RevRad selling more in Europe than the US.

https://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-green-day-popularity-analysis/15/

When I said 200k in Europe and Canada, I actually meant the UK.. my bad. The article I read was updated the summer of 2018.. I have no idea why it changed for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe it was removed for a reason though. Like, it was inaccurate? Or lacked a source?

If that info is based off of March 2017 numbers (less than 6 months after RevRad was released) it seems highly probable they would have seen another 300k+ sales over the last 2+ years!

8 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

If that info is based off of March 2017 numbers (less than 6 months after RevRad was released) it seems highly probable they would have seen another 300k+ sales over the last 2+ years!

It's hard to say. The trilogy suffered from a severe deceleration of sales after the first few months. RevRad could've suffered the same fate but in a period where album sales are even less significant than 2012

19 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I LOVE YOU! TOMORROW! 🤣🎸🎶

Um, nothing happened yet.....

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Um, nothing happened yet.....

You're the type of person to believe anything you see on the internet its funny

6 minutes ago, uptightt said:

You're the type of person to believe anything you see on the internet its funny

That can't be true, I read on the internet that he doesn't believe everything

Well it was 2am on monday in Canada when he write this post. So technically, for me, it's suppose to be for Tuesday. 

I just want another thrill for tomorrow lol

Man I hope they keep teasing us with cryptic shit on the weekly at least. It would suck if the buffalo was all we got for a month

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Man I hope they keep teasing us with cryptic shit on the weekly at least. It would suck if the buffalo was all we got for a month

They couldn’t possibly make us wait that long.

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They couldn’t possibly make us wait that long.

Oh yes they could

8 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Nothing has been confirmed, but it’s thought that the incident that happened on the last tour was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Incident?

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'd be stoked to see them go indie but I can't believe it's happening. It sounds too good to be true, like a lot of things they've said would happen and never did.

If they don’t replace Jason with Johnny Marr for this new tour I’m not listening to the album :angry:

I think it would be cool to see them joining Hellcat or Epitaph, or another independent punk label, but maybe at that point it would make more sense for them to just do everything on their own? Regardless, it would be awesome to see GD releasing EPs/mixtapes every time they have something to say, and maybe publish a physical collection of them every once in a while, something like what Tim Armstrong did with his projects. I think it would be both fun and a nice way to adapt in the current music landscape! 

9 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

Didn't hear any rumor about it being the reason for their split tho.

There probably wasn't one outside of GDC.

29 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

What is this about? I'm not clever enough to find a way to access it

Its just about everything we know already. They are just writing about the fact that Green Day is up to something due to the IG posts from the bull.

12 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Its just about everything we know already. They are just writing about the fact that Green Day is up to something due to the IG posts from the bull.

But least its closer to home (for GD) KROQ & Alt105 posted the exact same thing. "definitely"👹

There was a rumour a week or two ago that they were using the car from the Rev Rad promo for something. Possibly artwork or a video. If it was true then we should see/hear something soon.

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

There was a rumour a week or two ago that they were using the car from the Rev Rad promo for something. Possibly artwork or a video. If it was true then we should see/hear something soon.

Why does that mean we’ll get something soon?

When I mentioned that, I had known it for a couple months, likely before something like a music video was being filmed. I just know it was being prepared for usage in promo.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived