Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

8 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i dont believe in the kerrang! shit

For me it seems very legit.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While great radio.com has an article stating it's a single , not an album.  While part of an overall album most likely-I was at first under impresion it would all come at once. Perhaps my mistake.

I've been away for not even 12 hours and the site has exploded! What should I believe?! Is this really happening? :shok:

1 hour ago, Brutalitops said:

I will roll my eyes out of my head if Green Day released two songs called "Antisocial Media" and "Average Workin Man" sequentially on an album. It's so on the nose that it's the most obvious of all the fake leaks.

It's like something out of an Onion article 

I thought the exact same about the leak of song titles on RevRad and the cover art, then it all turned out to be true so I wouldn’t dismiss anything. 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Most likely they did the photoshoots already back when Duke Snyder posted them all getting their hair dyed in April.

But Tre has brown hair in these, he hasn’t had in recent posts from him and Sara.

Also, this on GD Inc page on Fab as @DookieLukie says, that page is suddenly active, not sure why now unless it’s a general flood of all things GD!

https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/dd25-7-10137-11660-3.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=&ecCategory=

i hope they dont go down the same shitty path like Blink 182 and AVA in terms of releasing songs or the album.. i mean they throw out songs but dont announce an album with a date or title or i dont know.. i hope they stay "old-school" and release a single with an album announcement

7 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i hope they dont go down the same shitty path like Blink 182 and AVA in terms of releasing songs or the album.. i mean they throw out songs but dont announce an album with a date or title or i dont know.. i hope they stay "old-school" and release a single with an album announcement

I guess this will depend on the label? 

Just now, Morse Code Guy said:

I guess this will depend on the label? 

yea but if u look at blink.. they are still figuring out which songs to choose for their record.. i want green day to announce a record that is finished

51 minutes ago, jengd said:

Also, this on GD Inc page on Fab as @DookieLukie says, that page is suddenly active, not sure why now unless it’s a general flood of all things GD!

I think we are at that time when every dormant fan page/blog/website suddenly wake up. To me it’s just the effect of juicy pseudo-news and trolling pics :D 

Then, this does not mean that something is not happening :P 

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i dont believe in the kerrang! shit

I would if I were you. It’s a believable source and the mod team must think it has some substance, as they’ve closed the old thread and made a new one specially for that news…

I'm trying to stifle my hype levels but it is absolutely not working. I'm getting restless and impatient. I need to know more. I need new Green Day music. 

The boys are certainly having fun, knowing that we know something, but being silent about this possible new single.
Don't fuck with my patience, guys

The excitement when something is imminent is the best of it. Once the cat is out of the bag this feeling wont be back for another few years. I'm going to try my best to enjoy the waiting and speculating.

Edit:  6000 posts, only took me 15 years 😂

Alright it's bedtime for this bozo. I would love to wake up to some more information but I'm alright with waiting 9 more days.

3 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

The excitement when something is imminent is the best of it. Once the cat is out of the bag this feeling wont be back for another few years. I'm going to try my best to enjoy the waiting and speculating.

This is exactly what it is now. The real excitement!

4 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Christ dude I was in first grade when you made this account, I'm now in my second year of college.

Just now, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Christ dude I was in first grade when you made this account, I'm now in my second year of college.

I'm also older now than when I first made this account 😂

They're giving us a middle finger and naming the album songs for assholes. These men...are 12 years old. 15 at best. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They're giving us a middle finger and naming the album songs for assholes. These men...are 12 years old. 15 at best. :lol:

I really hope it is this though :lol:I'll take that over another vaguely political American Idiot sounding name (chosen regardless of whether it even really fits the album) any day. Has the Awesome as Fuck vibe

Just now, Hermione said:

I really hope it is this though :lol:I'll take that over another vaguely political American Idiot sounding name (chosen regardless of whether it even really fits the album) any day. Has the Awesome as Fuck vibe

I'm torn - SFA sounds immature and like something a high school band (or Blink haha) would do but at the same time it's lighthearted and fun, so if it goes with good music, it will work and won't seem cringy (I hope anyway) :P. Plus yeah, it's better than sticking to the "look we're so political" thing.

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I'm torn - SFA sounds immature and like something a high school band (or Blink haha) would do but at the same time it's lighthearted and fun, so if it goes with good music, it will work and won't seem cringy (I hope anyway) :P. Plus yeah, it's better than sticking to the "look we're so political" thing.

Kind of like... "Dookie"? I mean, the band is named after pot for crying out loud 😂. Heck, they even went as far as releasing a greatest hits album titled 'God's favourite band'. Songs for Assholes would absolutely fit Green Day. A big F you to what people expect them to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like not caring about being cringy Green Day better than "better go with a political title to stay on brand" Green Day :P, more fun. And honestly since they usually have a mix of different subjects (some political and some not) on their albums it can still go with whatever music is on there anyway, wouldn't mean the songs themselves had to be silly or that politics wouldn't be allowed.

What are the problems of those who demand something mature from Green Day? I mean...They're Green Day😅

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2
  • Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived