Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm just saying. We have sort of conflicting theories about the album from you, Matt and Kerrang so somebody's got to be either misinterpreting information or lying or plans must have changed. Those are basically the only possible things that could have happened

I'm sure you're telling the truth though

I don’t think the information is as conflicting as you think. The Kerrang date is confirmed by management to not be Green Day. Doesn’t mean it isn’t something else. Matt doesn’t know everything, just that an album is done and coming, and something about Fall. Consistent with what Billie said I think we will see multiple singles released throughout the Fall, followed by the album. Nothing conflicts.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt has proven time and time and time and time again to be reliable. And correct the vast majority of the time!

when he was incorrect recently(which is one the only times I can recall in a long time) he owned it and reclarified! (It was also still a Green Day member related thing!)

we have zero, absolutely zero reason to doubt him now.

With this forum and site we have a great resource, in which certain people are close to the bands inner circle, and yes while someone has met Billie and was told something, it’s Billie ffs, he’s a joker and may very well have said that just to see the bin fire that this forum would become .

i get its frustrating and people get super annoyed over things here, but again, we have one source, which we know has ways of getting info, telling us the album is done and ‘simmer’ is important.

thats as inside as were ever going to get, and is, at least based on the past, as good as a release from the band itself.

chill, trust the people we actually know(so Matt) and let’s see what happens.

4 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Matt has proven time and time and time and time again to be reliable. And correct the vast majority of the time!

when he was incorrect recently(which is one the only times I can recall in a long time) he owned it and reclarified! (It was also still a Green Day member related thing!)

we have zero, absolutely zero reason to doubt him now.

With this forum and site we have a great resource, in which certain people are close to the bands inner circle, and yes while someone has met Billie and was told something, it’s Billie ffs, he’s a joker and may very well have said that just to see the bin fire that this forum would become .

i get its frustrating and people get super annoyed over things here, but again, we have one source, which we know has ways of getting info, telling us the album is done and ‘simmer’ is important.

thats as inside as were ever going to get, and is, at least based on the past, as good as a release from the band itself.

chill, trust the people we actually know(so Matt) and let’s see what happens.

What I’ve been saying is what Matt has been telling us is not inconsistent with what we also know. I said nothing about “doubting” him, just that you should not read more into what he actually said. “Summer is devoted to Green Day” is also not inconsistent with a Fall singles release. It could be shooting videos, photos, interviews and behind the scenes stuff that we won’t see until Fall. 

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think the information is as conflicting as you think. The Kerrang date is confirmed by management to not be Green Day. Doesn’t mean it isn’t something else. Matt doesn’t know everything, just that an album is done and coming, and something about Fall. Consistent with what Billie said I think we will see multiple singles released throughout the Fall, followed by the album. Nothing conflicts.

Matt said at one point in the last thread that there will be an album this year. That conflicts with what TJ said about a February release. Of course, as I said in my previous post plans can change

I really don't think the Kerrang date will happen but I'm not ruling it out until the 19th comes and goes

I am assuming that Matt finding out about the car being used is a recent piece of news he has gathered, in which case I suppose we know why they got together... album stuff, a music video perhaps? Either that or they're filming their own Top Gear race, where the challenge is for Billie, Mike and Tre to drive the length of the US and get to a specific destination, while Jason, Jason and Jeff go by public transport. That would be fun to watch.

8 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I am assuming that Matt finding out about the car being used is a recent piece of news he has gathered, in which case I suppose we know why they got together... album stuff, a music video perhaps? Either that or they're filming their own Top Gear race, where the challenge is for Billie, Mike and Tre to drive the length of the US and get to a specific destination, while Jason, Jason and Jeff go by public transport. That would be fun to watch.

I would pay good money to see that episode get made.

The boys have gone quiet on Instagram since their posts on Tuesday.. hopefully we might get some clues from them next week. 

As for Bratwurst it would make a great future username for the Insider. 

Maybe @TJChrobo was used by Billie to get us confused? Maybe he is a plan of all that? Maybe he has to say September single, February album and then suddenly there will be announcement next week. Surprise perfect!

16 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Maybe @TJChrobo was used by Billie to get us confused? Maybe he is a plan of all that? Maybe he has to say September single, February album and then suddenly there will be announcement next week. Surprise perfect!

I can’t imagine Billie plotting such a complex scheme. No comment on his intelligence, just very impulsive and driven by instincts. 

39 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Seriously, the guys all being in Oakland and then going silent could be music video related.

44 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I can’t imagine Billie plotting such a complex scheme. No comment on his intelligence, just very impulsive and driven by instincts. 

If this is a plot, Billie definitely isn't the person who came up with it :P

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Man, they really love that car.

They're in love with their car (Queen cover)

58 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Man, they really love that car.

Wonder if Billie has ever written a song for his cars? 😜

2 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Wonder if Billie has ever written a song for his cars? 😜

When It’s Time was really about his car 

Well, if nothing happens on 19th and in August, for sure we’ll get a single in September and album in February. Not focusing on the far future, I’m still hoping for something on 19th. I really want to see some Nimrods getting crushed and mixed with chocolate shakes and being drunk. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

When It’s Time was really about his car 

Cause the first day you came into my life
My time ticks around you

But then I need your voice
And the key to unlock all the love trapped in me

So, tell me when it's time to say "I love you."

All I want is you to understand
That when I take your hand, it's 'cause I want to.
We are all born in a world of doubt
But there's no doubt
I figured out...
I love you.

Completely makes sense!!!

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

Fuck Time was about his car as well 

I thought it was about Lady Cobra tho. 

With how massive a project an album by a major band like Green Day is, it shouldn't be surprising to anyone when we hear conflicting info. Things are going on behind the scenes that none of us know about that cause timelines to change. So if we hear any slightly conflicting info from Matt or anyone else here for that matter, then we really shouldn't immediately jump on the YOU'RE LYING TO US bandwagon.

3 minutes ago, Smitty said:

With how massive a project an album by a major band like Green Day is, it shouldn't be surprising to anyone when we hear conflicting info. Things are going on behind the scenes that none of us know about that cause timelines to change. So if we hear any slightly conflicting info from Matt or anyone else here for that matter, then we really shouldn't immediately jump on the YOU'RE LYING TO US bandwagon.

No one is jumping anywhere. That’s what the past 41 pages and before that 190 pages have been about. We’re Just shooting arrows in the dark. The thing that amazes me the most that, it’s gonna be another 100+ pages of pure hearsay and tbh, I’m enjoying it. Can’t say for everyone else tho. 

It’s just like punching the buttons on a calculator which you have never used. 

Stupid question.

I'm new here. Who are these people who have "Inside info" and how...???

I mean I've met people in other scenarios and other bands etc who "Claim to have inside info", but what they mean is they got a reply once or twice from an artist and think they are bffs.... 

23 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Fuck Time was about his car as well 

There is seriously an episode of My Strange Addiction with this theme.

31 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

I thought it was about Lady Cobra tho. 

That was just a rumor to make the song not as weird 

Green Day 1.

Not to be confused with Uno. A total reboot of their career, this sweeping masterpiece will be a bold new sound that.....

Ya know, I think I might take some time away from this thread.  Everybody arguing and there is no news to even speculate about.   Green have wrapped up promotion of Revolution Radio and you know what we are? 

We are the waiting! 

(Before I go away, some songs titles are "Dry", "Hottest Day in the Sun" and "Rocket Man".  )

Bye.

Green Day should literally hire dude. His ideas >>>>> anything they could ever come up with 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived