Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

I have a feeling bratwurst is dropping 7/19, I'd bet some old cabbage on it.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

If I recall someone brought up something about side project stuff and that's when Matt said Green Day will be the focus of the summer...well here we are, almost half way into summer...and nothing, well except for all of green day flipping us off

What are you on about? Summer started 3,5 weeks ago... we’re only just getting started with summer.

2 hours ago, Zebahar said:

No. The Longshot and Green Day have actually merged to create a super group of 8 members. 

Two Billie Joe Armstrong’s......off to the fan girl thread 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Murkrage said:

What are you on about? Summer started 3,5 weeks ago... we’re only just getting started with summer.

I meant that in terms of June, July, and August...not the meteorological phases of the seasons.🤗

He does have an astronomy app though, so maybe he's being technical about all of this.

The thing that makes this album cycle so interesting is that they are under different management now, so you could essentially forget everything that has come before in terms of promotion because the approach this time round could be completely different. They could announce something out of the blue, the band's official social media could slowly become more active and build up to an announcement, or they could give hints and tease us with things that will build up the hype. 

I can't help but think that if we were getting new music next Friday we would know about it by now via some sort of info leak, but that doesn't mean we won't get an announcement.

I think tour dates as well is something to keep an eye on, so often these days you see live shows announced before the music. If I was a betting man I would put my money on the album coming out this year, with a single coming no later than September, but who knows maybe the February release date will sound more credible the longer we go without hearing anything. I just think that, if this album was initially finished in April as we have been informed it was, it would be a strange move to have a finished record in April and think "Hhmmm lets release this in February next year." Unless it was supposed to come out this year, but the band adding more songs to it has pushed everything back a few months.

It’s quite crazy how the 19th release news is spreading like a fungus on social networks 😄 There’s this article from KROQ that is constantly popping up on my feeds, published on Wednesday, no updates or whatsoever after the news was apparently proved fake. Loads of people are genuinely getting exited having no clue of what’s (most probably) actually going on, Kerrang definitely generated a big mess 😂

Swear to god if there’s another Longshot album before Green Day I’m officially done with this band

14 hours ago, Nightlife said:

Yet another absolutely shocking turn of events. 

I'm getting the feeling you are resembling Billie's face in your avatar every passing day. :P 

3 minutes ago, Daddy. said:

I'm getting the feeling you are resembling Billie's face in your avatar every passing day. :P 

original.gif 

It just occured to me that releasing a new GD single this fall would be a reasonable thing to do to push the release of the Last Of The American Girls book in October. Without a new GD single, no one except for the die-hard fans will even notice the book. At least that's what I would do if I was management.

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I’m starting to doubt this album is even coming though.

🙄 Dude.. there’s an album and it has been recorded. Why the doubt? Oh yeah, because I’m untrustworthy and a liar.

Here’s a little nugget: The car from RevRad promo and “Still Breathing” video is being utilized again.

13 minutes ago, Matt. said:

🙄 Dude.. there’s an album and it has been recorded. Why the doubt? Oh yeah, because I’m untrustworthy and a liar.

Here’s a little nugget: The car from RevRad promo and “Still Breathing” video is being utilized again.

Thanks for the info. I guess theyre shooting a video

52 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Is there any truth to the September/February rumor?

Well guys, yesterday I put out some feelers and didn’t even get responses like “no”.

Letcha know if that changes.

17 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Well guys, yesterday I’m put out some feelers and didn’t even get responses like “no”.

Letcha know if that changes.

So, did you get a response or not? I’m confused.

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Is there any truth to the September/February rumor?

Not to my knowledge. But, plans could have changed.

7 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I have a feeling bratwurst is dropping 7/19, I'd bet some old cabbage on it.

Nah, gotta make that Sauerkraut if you wanna do it the proper way :lol:

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

I don't think you're a liar. I was just reflecting on my frustrations with waiting. My bad.

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I don't think you're a liar. I was just reflecting on my frustrations with waiting. My bad.

It has been recorded but from my understanding, production wise it’s still being sweetened.

30 minutes ago, Matt. said:

So, did you get a response or not? I’m confused.

Not to my knowledge. But, plans could have changed.

Really? It says “no, not yet” in pretty plain English, with all respect. I put out a couple emails with no response since yesterday. Will let you know if I get anything I’m allowed to share.

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

So which car is it? The still breathing car was not the same car in the rev rad photos.

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

Since the car is mentioned, what happened to the Forever Now video that we were supposed to get? 

1 minute ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Since the car is mentioned, what happened to the Forever Now video that we were supposed to get? 

It is forever in our memories now.

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

And they can call the album Green Shot or Long Day!!! 😆😆😆😆😆

Long Day isn't an album in itself, it's just a description of trying to keep up with this bloody thread.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived