Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Nah dude, why wouldn't Billie reveal critical information that could impact his career and livelihood to a complete stranger? Dude was like "Hey Billie, any new music coming out?" And Billie was like "Ya dude definitely ditching our label after this next record coming out on this exact dude. Dude, want to hear about all our future music release plans?"

Don’t laugh but he actually does this. The Longshot project was first leaked to a fan outside the bathrooms at a Coverups show. He told her he was doing a side project and album and asked her to keep it quiet.  He really does this sort of thing.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

Yeah and plans change! I'm sure the album wasn't even started by that time it was probably just estimates if anything

This was only about a month ago (my experience)

3 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

I totally get that. I was stunned by the info. Again, take it or leave it. 

We first talked about an astrology app the he and Adrianne were using. We came from south Texas to CA for one show in the middle of the desert, he was pretty excited about that. Maybe that played into it. We also talked about when he was in my home town in 1992.

Ok, this is just getting weird now. Holy fk, I don't know why it would disappoint me so much that Billie would use such a thing as an astrology app, but damn it does... 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Don’t laugh but he actually does this. The Longshot project was first leaked to a fan outside the bathrooms at a Coverups show. He told her he was doing a side project and album and asked her to keep it quiet.  He really does this sort of thing.

He didn’t ask me to keep anything quiet. Maybe I should have lol

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

Ok, this is just getting weird now. Holy fk, I don't know why it would disappoint me so much that Billie would use an astrology app, but damn it does... 

It was one of those AR apps

1 minute ago, TJChrobo said:

Lol I didn’t even think of the long gap at the time. I was just having this incredible surreal moment

Tbh having the bravery to put a face to your prediction makes me lean towards believing you. I find the gap between Sept and Feb odd and why he would tell you all that odd, but you never know. I also find it odd that it contradicts everything we've heard so far. Maybe plans changed since June? Yeah the date being far away sucks, but what you claim he said doesn't sound unrealistic and it's exciting that they want to put out more music more quickly.

This guy is more credible than anyone else rn but I'm going to stay skeptical

Just now, TJChrobo said:

He didn’t ask me to keep anything quiet. Maybe I should have lol

Seriously 😄 But I appreciate you sharing it and putting our minds at ease so we don’t kill each other this summer 

Gonna be honest @TJChrobo sounds like he's telling the truth. Either he is telling the truth or he's a great liar lol

Not convinced though

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

This guy is more credible than anyone else rn but I'm going to stay skeptical

Matt is in absolute panic mode right now. We're crowning a new King Insider.

3 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

This was only about a month ago (my experience)

ah okay i didn't know this!

Even if it isn't true, it should calm down at least some of the "it's coming in July/August/September" trolls. So for that alone, I thank you for your input @TJChrobo

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Tbh having the bravery to put a face to your prediction makes me lean towards believing you. I find the gap between Sept and Feb odd and why he would tell you all that odd, but you never know. I also find it odd that it contradicts everything we've heard so far. Maybe plans changed since June? Yeah the date being far away sucks, but what you claim he said doesn't sound unrealistic and it's exciting that they want to put out more music more quickly.

I honestly think they are hostage to Warner’s release schedule right now. And a Sep-Feb makes sense if they do what I’ve seen other bands do and release a song a month Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and then the album in Feb. I hate that because you hear half of it out of order by then but for streaming it’s what artists do these days. It may also be why they added more songs to accommodate this release protocol. They may not like it either because they are old school and favor albums so it might be why Billie said, after this we’re done with Warner and can release music our way. It all makes sense.

Idk what else to say to be convincing. I anticipated the skepticism. That was my take it leave it attitude.

This is all so confusing. Too many cooks in the kitchen. On one hand, I have a tremendous amount of respect for LaughingClock and Matt, who both seem to indicate a summer single and fall release. But TJChrobo sounds truthful, which really contradicts all of the other insiders. Maybe things changed since early June. Maybe Billie didn't really know what he was talking about (which is fairly common). Maybe the record company had different plans for this album. I'd also find it sort of odd to finish a record in March/April and not release it for almost 12 months.

You know this guy has to be the real deal since gdfan2019 called him a troll

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I find the gap between Sept and Feb odd and why he would tell you all that odd

The only way that gap would make even a little sense to me is if it was something like sept 31st and feb 1st. But it's still strange because I believe the most they've waited to release the album after the first single was like 1-2 months. Again if that's what he did say I just assume it is an estimate. I would guess from prior patterns single early September and album late October.

5 minutes ago, TJChrobo said:

Idk what else to say to be convincing. I anticipated the skepticism. That was my take it leave it attitude.

Thanks for the intel. Always appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I honestly think they are hostage to Warner’s release schedule right now. And a Sep-Feb makes sense if they do what I’ve seen other bands do and release a song a month Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and then the album in Feb. I hate that because you hear half of it out of order by then but for streaming it’s what artists do these days. It may also be why they added more songs to accommodate this release protocol. They may not like it either because they are old school and favor albums so it might be why Billie said, after this we’re done with Warner and can release music our way. It all makes sense.

What other artists release singles 5 months before the album?

Also didn't another random account of here say a February release? Anyone remember that?

Looking at Sum 41 and Blink 182's recent singles and upcoming albums, a Sep-Feb gap doesn't seem that far fetched

Sum 41 released their lead single on April 24th and their album is released on the 19th of July (3 month gap)

Blink 182's lead single was released on May 8th (over 2 months ago) and their upcoming album still doesn't have a release date or title

Uno Dos Tré was announced in April of 2012, Oh Love released in July and then Uno was released in September. I know that was different but I think the September - February gap is a possibility

EDIT:

Another example: Weezer released their lead single to the White album in October of 2015 and the album wasn't released until April of 2016. Pacific Daydream and Black album also had lengthy gaps between lead singles and album releases

Ok, so a few things @TJChrobo:

Did Billie at all mention Butch Walker in your interaction? And also, did he give any indication as to why the gap should be so long between the first single and the album? Could the single in SEP maybe be unrelated to the album?

I have a feeling there are a lot of wires being crossed right now.

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The Fratellis released four singles over the course of as many months followed by the album a month after that for their latest.

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The 1975, swmrs, Vampire Weekend, Billie Eilish...

It's a common thing to release half the album before the album comes out now.

I just didn't think it would be in GD fashion

11 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Ok, so a few things @TJChrobo:

Did Billie at all mention Butch Walker in your interaction? And also, did he give any indication as to why the gap should be so long between the first single and the album? Could the single in SEP maybe be unrelated to the album?

Ok so I brought up Green Day as the conversation dwindled and he mentioned something happening in September. I said some like “oh yeah you have had other albums come out in September.” He said “no just a single in September, then an album in February, and of course a tour to follow.” 

This is just the jist, not exact quotes.

No mention of Butch Walker. I suppose the single could be unrelated to the album, but that wasn’t indicated in any way.

5 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

It might be in Warner Bros fashion, as is the current fashion in general. He did say after fulfilling the contract that music would come out more regularly 

3 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

I don’t think it is I can almost guarantee they don’t like it but don’t have a choice. That’s why Billie hinted that they are almost done with Warners and will then be out and free to do things their way. They have the resources now and at nearly 50 they don’t want to see 4 year gaps between releases. They have a lot of music they want to make and they keep promising more but are hamstrung by their label at this point. 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think it is I can almost guarantee they don’t like it but don’t have a choice. That’s why Billie hinted that they are almost done with Warners and will then be out and free to do things their way. They have the resources now and at nearly 50 they don’t want to see 4 year gaps between releases. They have a lot of music they want to make and they keep promising more but are hamstrung by their label at this point. 

It's just interesting because you would think labels would push you to release stuff more regularly 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived