Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

53 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm not saying breaking up, but maybe retiring as a band as a whole. I think the side projects will continue, but a part of me wonders if this is the last hoorah for the 'Day. I hope that part of me is wrong, but I cant shake that thinking...

I’d be shocked. This is their life, they love playing together, and are way too young to call it quits.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

With all the reminiscing from the band from their past days, such as #billiejoescampfire, and of all the recent IG posts from Tre and Dirnt, on their earlier days, a part of me believes they are doing this because this next album is going to be their last one. I think that's why there is so much secrecy and what not with this next record. Timed with a release of a photo album of green days career. Is this possibly their last album? Please convince me otherwise. Anyone with the same thoughts?

Nah. They can keep going as much as they can deliver. How old are they? 45-46 years. They are young compared to other similar bands are way into their 50's and still kickin' some serious ass. While they stay healthy, as they do, they will keep going.

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm not saying breaking up, but maybe retiring as a band as a whole. I think the side projects will continue, but a part of me wonders if this is the last hoorah for the 'Day. I hope that part of me is wrong, but I cant shake that thinking...

So you can envision doing this — being in Green Day — at 50.
BJA: Yeah.

At 60?
BJA: Oh, yeah. Keep going! You have the Rolling Stones as a role model for that now. The great thing about the Stones is they’ve become old bluesmen. Seeing them on that 12-12-12 show — they blew every­body off the stage. They were so inspiring. And seeing all that white hair Keith Rich­ards has now…[laughs].

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/billie-joe-armstrong-the-rolling-stone-interview-94267/

It's 4 weeks since those studio pictures were posted. Come on GD, post some more cryptic pictures.

I think they had a blast last tour, for a whole number of reasons they were grateful and to me they looked very happy and there is plenty of evidence for that.  They have now been in the band 30 years, it’s 25 since Woodstock, Joey’s band is doing well and Adrienne is about to turn 50 so I think it’s probably more a case of when they’re together they’re having the “oh my god, how did this happen and where did the time go” conversations and reminiscing about past times more than anything.

I think things will have to change in the future obviously, no way they could do the Milton Keynes performance at 60 etc, but I think they all love it too much to stop.  I certainly hope so, don’t know what I’d do without them 😪

This is a whole lot of sky-is-falling over nothing. Green Day's next album will not be their last, under Green Day or any other name.

5 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

With all the reminiscing from the band from their past days, such as #billiejoescampfire, and of all the recent IG posts from Tre and Dirnt, on their earlier days, a part of me believes they are doing this because this next album is going to be their last one. I think that's why there is so much secrecy and what not with this next record. Timed with a release of a photo album of green days career. Is this possibly their last album? Please convince me otherwise. Anyone with the same thoughts?

I am really missing the link between everything you mention and this being their last record 😀

Was sadness, desolation and conspiracy theory one of the hype cycle phases? :D 

All 3 guys have been reminiscing on Instagram for years. That would be the slowest breakup ever. Also the Gruen book is most likely timed with promo for the new album. 

Seriously though, there's no reason for them to stop anytime soon that we can know of. If they're healthy and want to they can continue with music for many years from now. I can see them pulling off the Rolling Stones thing and becoming the oldest rock band in 30 years.

And we'll be still all be posting here "well, Dookie is 50 years old next month, do you think we'll get some sort of celebration tour" 😂 😂

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

And we'll be still all be posting here "well, Dookie is 50 years old next month, do you think we'll get some sort of celebration tour" 😂 😂

:lol: and Billie Joe still looks so young!!!

Green Day will be touring until they can't anymore, It will be interesting though to hear how 60 year old Bille will sound when he asks the crowd "do you know your fucking enemy?' and " I say a-hole" 

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

fangirls'll be like... 'OMG billie's new wig makes him look SO hot'..'he looks 50 again!'

4 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

fangirls'll be like... 'OMG billie's new wig makes him look SO hot'..'he looks 50 again!'

"I wish he'd stop wearing skinny jeans tho. That old man sack just isn't working for him."

1 hour ago, dallasthemenace said:

HOW CAN HE STILL LOOK LIKE IN THE BASKET CASE VIDEO!!11!1

159869-B3-26-EE-4480-9851-FEC6063-D8-D6-

3 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

"I wish he'd stop wearing skinny jeans tho. That old man sack just isn't working for him."

are you saying he should start wearing "relaxed fit" or something?

The only good thing that will happen if Green Day quit any time soon is that their record company will probably start milking them releasing sprecial editions of the albuns, live performances and demos, which will be very cool

IG acct: gdsfa13 mentions today's date, probably nothing but who knows 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

The only good thing that will happen if Green Day quit any time soon is that their record company will probably start milking them releasing special editions of the albuns, live performances and demos, which will be very cool

I agree with your overall post, but I'm all set with a photo book of full of their asses. Take that noise to the fangirl thread! 🤣

17 minutes ago, Alf said:

The only good thing that will happen if Green Day quit any time soon is that their record company will probably start milking them releasing sprecial editions of the albuns, live performances and demos, which will be very cool

And maybe they will release all these musics stocked in their vault. Mike did tell in a interview that one day all this stuff will be out and since this day I m mad about it. I WANT TO HEAR ALL OF THEIR STUFF

Just now, nohamxx said:

And maybe they will release all these musics stocked in their vault. Mike did tell in a interview that one day all this stuff will be out and since this day I m mad about it. I WANT TO HEAR ALL OF THEIR STUFF

Mike's interview is from 2009... so yeah I'm in the same boat as you

Just now, nohamxx said:

I would be fine with only the new record ATM :D 

I know 4chan is stupid and unreliable, but this was posted not too long ago........

Presented without comment. Cover art TBA

Songs For Assholes
10/4/2019

01. Total Chaos
02. Riot in the Streets
03. Undercover
04. My Own Way
05. Pray for Peace
06. Inside Out
07. Sleepyhead
08. Another World
09. Next In Line