Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

5 hours ago, Cunt said:

I saw a huge difference between him playing in Denver and then is Salt Lake City on the last tour. He looked like he was just kind of going through the motions in Denver but looked like he was having the best show of his life and had a smile on his face 99% of the time in SLC. 

I think it all depends on where we are in the tour. You can definitely see the joy early on in the tour, it sort of stagnates halfway through. If they go on break during a tour, they usually come back full of energy and joy on the next leg. It's always sort of been like this from my experience.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it makes sense for the excitement to weaken when he's playing the same show for the fourth time a week and it's been like that for 6 months. That acually sounds quite draining.

If there's a new single dropping in September it should be any day now we hear something, here's hoping. 🙏

Although they did overall seem to have a blast during the RevRad tour. All the livestreams and stuff on social media clearly indicated how much they enjoyed the whole thing. I suppose maybe the audience will have an impact on their energy as well though, but at the three shows I went to they seemed to be at the top of their game, plenty of random stuff happened. 

Do you guys believe them when they say that the RevRad tour was the most enjoyable they've ever done? Or do they say that during every tour? 

3 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

If there's a new single dropping in September it should be any day now we hear something, here's hoping. 🙏

I don’t want to be a bummer, but not necessarily :D They could opt for a “out of the blue” release, maybe with some teasing close to the release date but no real announcement prior to it.

Let’s say that the single is released around September 13 (random speculation), we could easily not hear anything official up until very close to that date, or maybe nothing at all (no real leaks permitted).  

I might be wrong, but it’s just to say that we should not have too high expectations for August at this point, especially if the album will actually be released next year/a few months from the first single.

I feel like we are often basing our speculations on previous releases where the album was always released close to the lead single, this might be a completely different game :) 

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

Although they did overall seem to have a blast during the RevRad tour. All the livestreams and stuff on social media clearly indicated how much they enjoyed the whole thing. I suppose maybe the audience will have an impact on their energy as well though, but at the three shows I went to they seemed to be at the top of their game, plenty of random stuff happened. 

Do you guys believe them when they say that the RevRad tour was the most enjoyable they've ever done? Or do they say that during every tour? 

If the new tour is definitely better than the ones they've done, I believe them. I mean, if the tours keep getting better in their eyes, then obviously the current one is the best.

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Hear what you’re saying but respectfully disagree.

Apples and Oranges.

You can’t quantify art and this is just what you think but Kev can hold his own over any guitarist in theatrics and he has session musician talents. Jeff is great on bass. The Longshot is just a different band but live, they are the sweet spot for me at the moment. The most rockin shows I’ve been to this year we’re two Longshot shows and they were fucking INSANE.

Like I always say, any Billie project is like ice cream, it’s always gonna taste good.

Gimme more cause I’m starving! ;)

7 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

but Jeff Kevin and them only play the songs live on the album it was just Billie who played everything (except Joey on drums for Happiness) hence why he said he was imaging what they'd sound like with Mike and Tre 

Right. I was referring to the music as recorded, not the live shows (which were fun as hell) 

4 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

Every band says their current activity is their best 'cause it looks shitty to say anything else, remember when Billie said 99 Revolutions is some of his best lyrical work? If they're talking about a tour and they say "yeah, this one was alright but we've done better" that's telling the world their shows have declined in quality and there's nothing good to come from that.

2 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Every band says their current activity is their best 'cause it looks shitty to say anything else, remember when Billie said 99 Revolutions is some of his best lyrical work? If they're talking about a tour and they say "yeah, this one was alright but we've done better" that's telling the world their shows have declined in quality and there's nothing good to come from that.

They don’t have to be that explicit but they might say it by saying simply that the tour is going great without saying it’s their favorite or the best they’ve ever done.

I think they really were that fired up with the RevRad tour. They loved the new material, everyone was happy and healthy on the tour and they were full of gratitude for having gotten through the darker times. He was appreciating every day in a way he hadn’t done before. There’s a clip from the tour video they posted at the end of it where Billie is toasting the band, families and crew and pretty much praising how they’ve never sounded better. I don’t think that was just for the lone camera in the room, that was genuine. 

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Some guy on Reddit is claiming the band is going to play at Whiskey A GoGo "in the very near future" 

I'm in Berverly Hills on September 2nd. So I hope the show will be on September 2nd. 'Cause I'll be here on September 2nd. Please be true.

10 minutes ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

September 2nd or 3rd :D 

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

September 2nd or 3rd :D 

September 2nd is Labor Day. My guess is they will be doing something summery since it is the unofficial end of summer.

I vote for september 10th, since I will actually be in LA

26 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Some guy on Reddit is claiming the band is going to play at Whiskey A GoGo "in the very near future".

Full quote: "They will be playing Whisky A Gogo in the very near future, you heard it here first."

You don’t usually repost the bullshit here so if you’re telling us about it I assume that means you think it might be true? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Some guy on Reddit is claiming the band is going to play at Whiskey A GoGo "in the very near future".

Full quote: "They will be playing Whisky A Gogo in the very near future, you heard it here first."

17 minutes ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

The fact that Green Day isn’t listed at all, maybe this is where they’re planning their secret show!!!

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You don’t usually repost the bullshit here so if you’re telling us about it I assume that means you think it might be true? 🤔

The user looks like a legit fan from the Bay Area from his/her post history, I think this is it... I really hope so at least, this lack of everything is becoming fucking exhausting :D 

How much notice do you think we’ll get if it happens? Hours? A day? No time to travel I’m sure.

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

That doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

I guess we’ll have to see then won’t we? 

Geez, I really hope this is not another misunderstanding that ends up being a Coverups show or similar 😂

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived