Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

I still highly doubt that the album will be called SFA purely because of marketability. If they wanted it to be named something silly they should go down the blink route of a play on words, for example I heard them say in an interview last week they're thinking of calling their new album "Pretty Nuts"

Personally I wouldn't mind the name SFA, but I can't see it happening. Although, could the craziness of a title like that actually work in their favour and get it more publicity? Who knows

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I still highly doubt that the album will be called SFA purely because of marketability. If they wanted it to be named something silly they should go down the blink route of a play on words, for example I heard them say in an interview last week they're thinking of calling their new album "Pretty Nuts"

Personally I wouldn't mind the name SFA, but I can't see it happening. Although, could the craziness of a title like that actually work in their favour and get it more publicity? Who knows

They named an album "Awesome as F**k". Songs For A**holes is definitely a possibility 😂

If "Songs for Assholes" is indeed the title, I would guess there are songs geared towards right wing politicians, members of the alt right, neo nazis, high school kids protesting planned parenthood clinics while wearing MAGA hats, etc..... just my thoughts.

Well I remember revrad was leaked before the release 

did bang bang  too?

4 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

If "Songs for Assholes" is indeed the title, I would guess there are songs geared towards right wing politicians, members of the alt right, neo nazis, high school kids protesting planned parenthood clinics while wearing MAGA hats, etc..... just my thoughts.

Mikey! Could go either way with that title I guess, aimed at actual assholes or more of a friendly "we're all a bunch of assholes right gang?" thing

1 minute ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

did bang bang  too?

i dont recall bang bang being leaked. i remember the big listening party for the premiere and the immediate following of it going on youtube and spotify

3 minutes ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

did bang bang  too?

I don't thinks so, or maybe I waited 'til the official release day.

Just now, Hermione said:

Mikey! Could go either way with that title I guess, aimed at actual assholes or more of a friendly "we're all a bunch of assholes right gang?" thing

Yes... I've resurfaced. Nothing like a juicy rumour to get me back in here, right?  And yeah that's a decent take on it as well. I know BJ has said he will never write a song about Trump.  We've seen (at least) two possible track lists, one of them included "Dreamcatcher", which we've heard and obviously isn't a 'song for assholes' in any conceivable sense.  Haha

Either way, I'm excited, and the less time between an announcement and the music release in my old age, the better! I love that they've kept it all a secret and we are almost getting a surprise release.

8 minutes ago, KarlAuerE12thSt said:

did bang bang  too?

Bang Bang definitely did not leak, I recall everyone here on the west coast getting up early for the song to be released at 7am PST.

10 minutes ago, dallasthemenace said:

i dont recall bang bang being leaked. i remember the big listening party for the premiere and the immediate following of it going on youtube and spotify

Yes, definitely no Bang Bang leaks. We were yelling at Virgin Radio for not playing it on the dot :lol: 

as far as the potential SFA title...to me, that would seem a bit in line with the band having often referred to themselves throughout the years as assholes and also with the sentiment that they make music for themselves, first and foremost, and how if nobody buys the record, they know three people who would... hence, songs for assholes.

just my two cents, phoned in from my sleep deprived, thc filled state of delirium... make of it what you will.

I don't get the whole issue with it being called songs for assholes - the last album was literally called Revolution Radio, which was incredibly cheesy. Didn't mean the album didn't bang though.

idk, I feel like Songs For Assholes is a working title rather than the one they've decided on. Or else it was going to be that, but since we found out about it, they're cursing us and trying to think of a different title :lol: 

I dont think the album will be called SFA

Why would they leak the title so early on? Its obviously an inside joke whether they're calling each other assholes, or record execs or fans who knows or who cares. Im sure the name was created on a whim

That's my thoughts anyway

2 minutes ago, Asik said:

All of them have posted pictures with middle finger. Does it say something to you?

For sure. But i don't know what.. 

2 minutes ago, Asik said:

All of them have posted pictures with middle finger. Does it say something to you?

The pictures reminded me of that rumour some years ago about a new Green Day song called "Fuck These People".

5 minutes ago, Asik said:

They're punk as fuck?

1 hour ago, Lacky said:

What are the problems of those who demand something mature from Green Day? I mean...They're Green Day😅

This has to be the most accurate thing on this site in days 😂  😂

Re the Dreamcatcher title, even if there is a song called Dreamcatcher, doesn't mean it will be recognisable as the earlier version, we know they take stuff apart and reuse bits they like etc etc.

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Re the Dreamcatcher title, even if there is a song called Dreamcatcher, doesn't mean it will be recognisable as the earlier version, we know they take stuff apart and reuse bits they like etc etc.

If I'm not mistaken they played When It's Time live in 92 and then recorded it during american idiot sessions. And it's pretty much the same song, except they made a full band version of it

How many songs will there be on the new record do all of you think? 🤔

2 minutes ago, sondretho said:

How many songs will there be on the new record do all of you think? 🤔

I think 13/14 but I really hope something like 21stCBD, 18 tracks

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2
  • Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived