Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

The excitement and anticipation of new Green Day music is what makes the fall enjoyable for me. That'll be the only reason I hope the February portion of the rumor is not true.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Then why Jeff and the other Jason aren't there. They also rehearse with the band.

They’re ancillary members if they’re learning the core of new songs to play live Jason would have to be there

If they were rehearsing for the big tour they would all six have to be there but if that photo is a rehearsal for just say a secret club show it might just be the four of them playing it. Rehearsing with the full touring band may come later in the fall. 

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

They’re ancillary members if they’re learning the core of new songs to play live Jason would have to be there

If they're just learning the core of new songs the logical conclusion is that the tour isn't starting anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

If they're just learning the core of new songs the logical conclusion is that the tour isn't starting anytime soon.

That’s probably true I don’t anticipate anything more than potentially a few smaller shows until next year

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

That’s probably true I don’t anticipate anything more than potentially a few smaller shows until next year

Fair enough, that's likely to be true.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Tour isn't starting any time soon. They need AT LEAST a month and a half to two months to sell tickets.

17 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Tour isn't starting any time soon. They need AT LEAST a month and a half to two months to sell tickets.

Yeah. Considering the past tour cycle as a reference, they played the first show of that era 1.5 month after bang bang was released. I guess we'll get the same formula this time: single, video, TV shows performances, small venues shows, etc. All in a period 2 or 3 months I guess and world tour next year. 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Did they not know "the core of new songs" while they were demoing and recording? 

5 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Did they not know "the core of new songs" while they were demoing and recording? 

This!!

Also, you never answered my question about whether or not I should plan to be in LA on September 10 :P

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This!!

Also, you never answered my question about whether or not I should plan to be in LA on September 10 :P

Even if he does know, he's not going to say because if he happens to be wrong he's going to be crucified. Don't blame him one bit 

With that said, we know that "were close" so I think it's safe to assume that at least something is happening. In September.

4 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Even if he does know, he's not going to say because if he happens to be wrong he's going to be crucified. Don't blame him one bit 

Oh I know! I'm 100% certain Matt knows that I'm completely fucking with him.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

29 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I’m sure they pretty much know the songs through the SongsForAssholes IG and maybe visiting the studio

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

So you're saying that the auxiliary members helped them record?

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So you're saying that the auxiliary members helped them record?

That’s not what I’m saying.

8 minutes ago, Matt. said:

That’s not what I’m saying.

Then what you commented makes no sense.

4 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

The excitement and anticipation of new Green Day music is what makes the fall enjoyable for me. That'll be the only reason I hope the February portion of the rumor is not true.

There’ll be plenty to keep you occupied. Several new singles, lots of appearances, interviews, small shows.

Since the release is probably in February, I wonder if they’ll  perform at the Grammys for promotion. Will a September single be eligible?

13 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

There’ll be plenty to keep you occupied. Several new singles, lots of appearances, interviews, small shows.

Since the release is probably in February, I wonder if they’ll  perform at the Grammys for promotion. Will a September single be eligible?

Per this article from variety(.)com, anything released after Sept 1, 2019 is NOT eligible for the 2020 grammy’s.

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/grammy-eligibility-year-close-one-month-early-2020-awards-1203172860/

They could still play at the Grammys but I guess their album wouldn't be eligible until next year.

3 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Who cares about the Grammys?

I do if Green Day is performing. But I haven’t watched them for so long & cant remember if they let acts who aren’t nominated perform for promotion of a new album. 

5 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Who cares about the Grammys?

For me, them being at the Grammys doesn't change how I feel about them, but I enjoy it when a band I like gets that kind of exposure. Having them perform there could give them some good attention/get people hyped for the upcoming album. That's the kind of wide-spread promo I'd like to see

Just wondering, if there is indeed a secret show at Whisky a Go Go, how far in advance would Idiot Nation members be emailed?

34 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Just wondering, if there is indeed a secret show at Whisky a Go Go, how far in advance would Idiot Nation members be emailed?

Is Idiot Nation still a thing?

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived