I've got a good feeling about this one.

Feelings are not facts.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Feelings are not facts.

Neither is your “feeling” that the album has been delayed 😜

Let's wait til September before we start to say the already completed months ago album has been delayed

I suspect the album will be released NEXT Fall. Given that Matt's source messed up the supposed June date, they could have easily messed up the year or said the album was "done" when they really were just entering the studio. Green Day seem like too much of perfectionists for a what...4-5 month writing an recording process?

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Either Green Day is playing all 3 nights, or they just requested to keep those 3 nights open as they decide which one is best for them

I don't think they can block some nights just because they're not sure if they're going to play or not lol. 

Whiskey A Gogo will lose money otherwise. 

19 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I suspect the album will be released NEXT Fall. Given that Matt's source messed up the supposed June date, they could have easily messed up the year or said the album was "done" when they really were just entering the studio. Green Day seem like too much of perfectionists for a what...4-5 month writing an recording process?

4-5 months of recording is plenty of time for veteran rockers and a producer who knows what he's doing.

And how the hell would a source confuse "just getting into the studio" with "done recording?" 

Matt made it seem like they're just sitting on a done album and I believe it looking at other bands crush manages that does the same thing. Just because the damn book was delayed doesn't mean the album is too.

Again if September comes and goes without anything then maybe your on to something til then I think I'm going to be optimistic

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

4-5 month writing and recording process? What makes you think writing occurred during this period? Billie was saying 8 months ago that he was writing new songs, and Billie's always writing. Doesn't he usually have the writing completed (or at least near completion) before recording?

Plus, according to wikipedia, Uno Dos Tré were recorded in a 3 month period and that was 3 albums as opposed to just 1. Really I don't think Green Day have been "perfectionists" since 21st Century Breakdown. According to wikipedia, 21CB was recorded from January of 08 until April of 09

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

4-5 month writing and recording process? What makes you think writing occurred during this period? Billie was saying 8 months ago that he was writing new songs, and Billie's always writing. Doesn't he usually have the writing completed (or at least near completion) before recording?

Plus, according to wikipedia, Uno Dos Tré were recorded in a 3 month period and that was 3 albums as opposed to just 1. Really I don't think Green Day have been "perfectionists" since 21st Century Breakdown. According to wikipedia, 21CB was recorded from January of 08 until April of 09

This is true but trilogy was sloppy so hopefully they'll put more work into their future album

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah on the ¡CUATRO! DVD, Billie said that after Nimrod, he’d never go into the studio with unfinished songs ever again

14 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

And how the hell would a source confuse "just getting into the studio" with "done recording?" 

The source confused "something would be announced in June" with "nothing will happen at least until August 22", so I can see why Lukie's belief was broken :P

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The source confused "something would be announced in June" with "nothing will happen at least until August 22", so I can see why Lukie's belief was broken :P

Something was announced, just not green day tbf

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Something was announced, just not green day tbf

What part of "Green Day will be the focus of the summer " is not about Green Day? Seriously summer is over in like a month and we still have nothing. 

Tbf, we won't know if Matt's insider information was accurate or not until we actually get some official information

28 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is true but trilogy was sloppy so hopefully they'll put more work into their future album

giphy.gif

This. I mean, do we really want another rushed album?

7 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What part of "Green Day will be the focus of the summer " is not about Green Day? Seriously summer is over in like a month and we still have nothing. 

Nooo in June there was supposed to be an announcement and when it happened it was for some other punk band I guess and Matt said that the info got mixed around. As for focus of the summer yeah it's a bit to late for that for sure

Green Day Present Green Day:  

1.  The Greenest Day that ever Was

2. Our Green Day 

3.   See You at the Show! 

4.  Rowdy Old Folks

5.  The Kids are Alright

6.  Bastards of Young

7.  Killing Time and Jimmy

8.  Americans 

9.  Oh the Youth

10. Happi  

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Feelings are not facts.

Not a big fan of facts tbh.

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Green Day Present Green Day:  

1.  The Greenest Day that ever Was

2. Our Green Day 

3.   See You at the Show! 

4.  Rowdy Old Folks

5.  The Kids are Alright

6.  Bastards of Young

7.  Killing Time and Jimmy

8.  Americans 

9.  Oh the Youth

10. Happi  

Someones having a green day

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If you’ve seen Britt’s latest IG story, you’ll notice Mike completely shaved his beard!!!

Honestly probably the biggest indication so far that things are starting up.

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Honestly probably the biggest indication so far that things are starting up.

i hope u r fucking joking

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If you’ve seen Britt’s latest IG story, you’ll notice Mike completely shaved his beard!!!

Honestly Mike should keep the beard it looks badass

13 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i hope u r fucking joking

Well he does usually shave his beard when it’s album photo shoot time and such 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived