Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Boy you have a lot to catch up on.

It happens all the time now. 

Yeah, Billie Eilish is another successful example of this approach. If I remember correctly her lead single was out in the summer of 2018, but the album was actually released only in March 2019. I am sure there’s plenty of similar cases. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Boy you have a lot to catch up on.

It happens all the time now. Speaking of which, there also seems to be a pattern anymore with new albums, of the first and even second single released being not as accessible or less hit-likely, and then the second or third being more radio friendly. Examples are the most recent albums of Twenty One Pilots and Billie Eilish. Oh and SWMRS. I just wonder if GD will follow this pattern. 

Yeah and an example of the opposite is A Day to Remember. Their new single is the most radio friendly thing they've ever released. They've been Fueled by Ramened....

1 hour ago, J a c said:

Yeah, Billie Eilish is another successful example of this approach. If I remember correctly her lead single was out in the summer of 2018, but the album was actually released only in March 2019. I am sure there’s plenty of similar cases. 

Bit of an extreme example, but Muse's Dig Down was released in May 2017 and the subsequent album was released a little over a year and a half later. Between releasing that single and the album release, they've played a bunch of very large shows to sort of get the ball rolling into the album cycle.

26 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I'm in Oakland saturday. I'll ask BJ.

We're counting on you 

11 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

@Matt. anything? Any chance the album is delayed till next year?

Not that I’ve been made aware of.

If it's set to come out in February it wouldn't technically be a delay till the next year. Unless it comes out in 2021.

Yeah GDC is back so we can speculate some more BS.

59 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yeah GDC is back so we can speculate some more BS.

Thank god, I thought I'd have to read a book or something 🤓

24h of detox from this madness were very well deserved. Thank you GDA servers for crashing (or whatever happened)  ❤️

I wish they would post on social media to fill us in on what happened. Site Maintenance maybe? But both GDA and GDC were down.

I missed this place

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wish they would post on social media to fill us in on what happened. Site Maintenance maybe? But both GDA and GDC were down.

Whenever it’s the 21st of the month I know it means Andres forgot to pay the bill.

I thought it was Green Day staff behind the site down because we were too much boring 

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It can only mean we will get an announcement tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Just finished listening to the Nimrod podcast and it reminded me of that I have read a few things now that those within the music industry are concerned about the outcome of that case Katy Perry lost and how it could open the doors for other claims to be made which previously would have likely failed.  I wondered if GD realised they had a potential lawsuit coming in some of their new material (I know they have had them in the past) and wanted to avoid that so there's had to be a delay to sort that out?  Or maybe most new stuff in the pipeline is being gone over again by lawyers with an eye to lawsuits?   It seems they have credited other artists recently to avoid lawsuits, or at least that's what I've assumed.

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

Just finished listening to the Nimrod podcast and it reminded me of that I have read a few things now that those within the music industry are concerned about the outcome of that case Katy Perry lost and how it could open the doors for other claims to be made which previously would have likely failed.  I wondered if GD realised they had a potential lawsuit coming in some of their new material (I know they have had them in the past) and wanted to avoid that so there's had to be a delay to sort that out?  Or maybe most new stuff in the pipeline is being gone over again by lawyers with an eye to lawsuits?   It seems they have credited other artists recently to avoid lawsuits, or at least that's what I've assumed.

Interesting. It’s possible. I wonder how many co-credits we’ll see on the new songs if that’s the case.

Green Day rip others off all the time and what they do is that they credit the original authors, which prevents lawsuits. It's the only option as long as they want to release the music including borrowed ideas.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Green Day rip others off all the time and what they do is that they credit the original authors, which prevents lawsuits. It's the only option as long as they want to release the music including borrowed ideas.

I think the argument is that there are only so many notes, rifs etc so lots of music sounds like lots of music but that the Katy Perry case has folk worried because it seems likely to unleash almost a torrent of much weaker cases than would previously have been considered seriously.   Maybe someone like @LaughingClock would be far better informed about this than me and able to share some insight.  I am just speculating, it was just a thought after listening to the podcast. 

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think the argument is that there are only so many notes, rifs etc so lots of music sounds like lots of music but that the Katy Perry case has folk worried because it seems likely to unleash almost a torrent of much weaker cases than would previously have been considered seriously.   Maybe someone like @LaughingClock would be far better informed about this than me and able to share some insight.  I am just speculating, it was just a thought after listening to the podcast. 

Yes, of course, it can happen as a coincidence, because there are lots of music and there's only so much you can do on a guitar, but at the same time it's a fact that Green Day happen to have quite a few songs that sound similar to other stuff and to me it seems like it's taken care of quite carefully with crediting. I'm not sure if there's ever been a lawsuit against their music (I only know about the one about art used on stage during 21CB tour), but I think they're trying to avoid it because they give credit at least in the most obvious cases like Brutal Love, Still Breathing, not sure about Warning and Waiting but I guess they're credited too.

It's definitely something that's looked at before music gets released.

I seem to recall this forum went down a few times before the Rev Rad annoucement, which means either somethings about to happen or it's wishful thinking on my part. 

2 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I seem to recall this forum went down a few times before the Rev Rad annoucement, which means either somethings about to happen or it's wishful thinking on my part. 

No it's just the bill.

A guy on Twitter is claiming that GD will release a single on Sep 10th. He said "being announced across numerous radio stations". 

4 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

A guy on Twitter is claiming that GD will release a single on Sep 10th. He said "being announced across numerous radio stations". 

Now we have Sept 6 (Fri), 10 (Tues) and 19 (Thurs). Anyone else want to place a bet? 😂 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived