Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Bull is not hipster at all it’s a dive bar with a very blue collar beer list — Coors, PBR, etc. a few imports but nothing fancy. I had a dark Modelo (Mexican) in a bottle which was good but it was the only dark beer they had. 

Yeah, I've noticed bottled is the custom in the US, so I'll know not to scowl at it when I visit one day. It's an interesting cultural difference though. Here it would be the hipster place that offers bottles (with fancy stuff of course) or places that don't have a bar. Otherwise it's seen as kinda barbarian and it virtually doesn't happen. But I wasn't serious about being that picky anyway. Most beers I've had outside the Czech Rep. were kind of average, but I can't really complain. Nothing was actually bad.

49 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was watching the full Reading 2013 show yesterday and it made me really miss Green Day. As much as I’ve loved the small Longshot and Coverups shows I’ve seen over the past year what Green Day do in a large venue is something really special. Watching Billie work that crowd of tens of thousands of people there’s really nothing like it. I can’t wait to go again.

The Brutal Love performance from that show is so beautiful. I love it and wish they'd bring it back as a full band closer than Good Riddance as usual.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The Brutal Love performance from that show is so beautiful. I love it and wish they'd bring it back as a full band closer than Good Riddance as usual.

Same. And I had forgotten that one of the songs that blew me away from this show was Let Yourself Go. Man that’s an outstanding live song. I wish The Longshot had done it but I would love to see it back in a GD set too. 

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Same. And I had forgotten that one of the songs that blew me away from this show was Let Yourself Go. Man that’s an outstanding live song. I wish The Longshot had done it but I would love to see it back in a GD set too. 

Agreed. I don't remember that particular performance, but LYG is a banger and they absolutely should bring it back. One of the best live songs from trilogy.

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Agreed. I don't remember that particular performance, but LYG is a banger and they absolutely should bring it back. One of the best live songs from trilogy.

Enjoy 

34 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, I've noticed bottled is the custom in the US, so I'll know not to scowl at it when I visit one day. It's an interesting cultural difference though. Here it would be the hipster place that offers bottles (with fancy stuff of course) or places that don't have a bar. Otherwise it's seen as kinda barbarian and it virtually doesn't happen. But I wasn't serious about being that picky anyway. Most beers I've had outside the Czech Rep. were kind of average, but I can't really complain. Nothing was actually bad.

The thing with US beer is that it is carbonated - keg, bottled or canned. Bars/pubs do serve "on-tap" options, but they are limited and still carbonated. 

And we’re all anxiously awaiting on Billie to post with news and what do we get?  Internet hoaxes that he fell for 🙄

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

The thing with US beer is that it is carbonated - keg, bottled or canned. Bars/pubs do serve "on-tap" options, but they are limited and still carbonated. 

Isn't beer... always carbonated? I believe the bubbles come from the fermentation. It's just stale when it's not bubbly, I think. Definitely not a problem :P

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Enjoy 

Thanks! :wub:

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

And we’re all anxiously awaiting on Billie to post with news and what do we get?  Internet hoaxes that he fell for 🙄

He's the dumbest man on the internet. I love him...it's so pure.

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Isn't beer... always carbonated? I believe the bubbles come from the fermentation. It's just stale when it's not bubbly, I think. Definitely not a problem :P

I think in certain parts of the world it is not carbonated (and served hot). I don't like beer and therefore don't drink it.

16 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He's the dumbest man on the internet. I love him...it's so pure.

He really is. :wub:

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

not carbonated (and served hot)

I don't think I'd enjoy that but it's interesting to say the least 

Obviously I think he just posted that to tease there is going to be an announcement tomorrow, it's in the first line of the post...

😂

15 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Obviously I think he just posted that to tease there is going to be an announcement tomorrow, it's in the first line of the post...

Welcome ladies and gentleman to the Church of Wishful Thinking 🙏

Billie joe is gonna realize it's a hoax and write a 9 minute rock opera about how technology lies and messes with ur brain

What happened? What did he fall for? I didn't see anything

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What happened? What did he fall for? I didn't see anything

He shared one of those things that say like “Instagram will soon be able to publicly share your photos and shit even if you deleted them. *insert generic news station here* reported on it. In order to avoid this, post this stating that you don’t allow Instagram to share your shit like that”

y’know?

12 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I wonder if they are worried one would just take away from the other by releasing a new record and book at the same time? 

Right because so many fans are clamoring for that book, they might choose it over the album.

I'm thinking it means album got delayed a year as well. Seems weird to delay the book so long. What could possibly be the reason?

He deleted it. Moving on, nothing to see here

No, I'm not moving on. 

I'm marked for life now.

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Right because so many fans are clamoring for that book, they might choose it over the album.

I'm thinking it means album got delayed a year as well. Seems weird to delay the book so long. What could possibly be the reason?

Seriously, what could be the reason? Do you remember the shit storm when the book was announced? A “feminist handbook” the publisher said? Total mischaracterization but it got reposted by high profile accounts and people freaked out.  I’m not saying I know that’s the reason but it’s possible they decided not to take the chance of bad press during an album and tour cycle they could be banking a lot of hopes on.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seriously, what could be the reason? Do you remember the shit storm when the book was announced? A “feminist handbook” the publisher said? Total mischaracterization but it got reposted by high profile accounts and people freaked out.  I’m not saying I know that’s the reason but it’s possible they decided not to take the chance of bad press during an album and tour cycle they could be banking a lot of hopes on.

Reason is probably to line up the release with the new GD album, presumably NEXT Fall. Maybe Matt's source had it wrong? He has been MIA for the past few weeks.

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Reason is probably to line up the release with the new GD album, presumably NEXT Fall. Maybe Matt's source had it wrong? He has been MIA for the past few weeks.

This is a silly little illustrated children’s book that won’t sell a ton of copies. You don’t delay a multi million dollar earning album and tour cycle to line up with a book release. You have it backwards. 

And besides, the Bob Gruen book is a much more important one and that is coming out next week so why doesn’t that reassure you? 

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is a silly little illustrated children’s book that won’t sell a ton of copies. You don’t delay a multi million dollar earning album and tour cycle to line up with a book release. You have it backwards. 

And besides, the Bob Gruen book is a much more important one and that is coming out next week so why doesn’t that reassure you? 

Maybe the album isn't delayed. Maybe it was always slated for Oct 2020.

53 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

36 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Maybe the album isn't delayed. Maybe it was always slated for Oct 2020.

Why does everyone think the album is coming out next year? I mean, we all speculated that they’re in the studio, based on the SongsForAssholes IG, Butch Walker, Green Day, and their wives liking each other’s photos, Butch Walker’s studio video where we all spotted Tré’s drums. Then it turned out we were right when they posted the studio/bull pics! And yet you think we won’t have the album until late next year? It would be like they’re saying, “Here are some pics of us in the studio, but we’re not releasing anything until late next year.” See, it doesn’t make sense!!!

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived