Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

The thing is that Billie's "soon" can mean anything from "tomorrow" to "in a year or so", so he didn't really help us with this hint :P

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The thing is that Billie's "soon" can mean anything from "tomorrow" to "in a year or so", so he didn't really help us with this hint :P

Or never, as in — Forever Now video happening soon or more Otis remixes coming soon.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

But he didn't even say "soon". "more to come" is even less helpful. At least we know they're not breaking up :lol:

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or never, as in — Forever Now video happening soon or more Otis remixes coming soon.

For real, I would have so wanted to see that Forever Now music video :cry:

I think it's good that he always has projects going on, even if not all of them are realized in the end. He probably just speaks his mind when asked about it :P

On 8/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, dallasthemenace said:

fangirls'll be like... 'OMG billie's new wig makes him look SO hot'..'he looks 50 again!'

but 60 (it was the age projection you replied to) is not old, especially for guys (but perhaps that's because all of the makeup women use to put on their skin, not sure it helps with time). I've seen guys at 60 looking better than they ever had, despite age visible. Billie is looking great approaching 50, I'm not worried at all about 60. And at 60 he's still almost young and perfectly able (and certainly willing) to compose and perform. His energy is even more remarkable than his physics for his age!

On 8/17/2019 at 12:48 AM, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

You gotta have the oddly spaced out "!" for the full Billie effect 😂

That's the way you write in Europe for the most part :P it must be his Italian side speaking. What's funny though is when there is a space before a dot. Even in France some people do it but it's an aberration

I hope for September single, and October for the album. I kinda apprehend to hear some songs live (through vids of the first shows) before listening them with the album. I guess there will be some shows before the album release, like usual, but it will be my first time experiencing it for a GD album. If you only get glimpses of the new songs through fan vids at first, damn! that might be a bit stressful, not to understand all the lyrics especially. I mean, if you witness it for real it doesn't mean you'll understand everything either, but at least you'll have done the most that could be done, being there while it happens lol.

2 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Thank you sir. But i recommend you take your comments elsewhere, like to Matt, the fraud leaker and source. I’m proving a point. I’ll just use my back up once you ban me. 

You’ve got to be kidding. Matt is humble and a class act. He has tried to bring us info in a pre-album cycle that is very difficult to navigate. What have you brought us?

2 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

hehe, enjoy! i like to walk on eggshells on my old stomping ground. this will be fun 🐒

I am had a camp at one of my old schools, and for some reason, there was an eggshell. I stepped on it.

I wonder if the delayed release of the Last of the American Girls book (now Oct 2020) has to do with a hopefully imminent album release? I wonder if they are worried one would just take away from the other by releasing a new record and book at the same time? I just hope this doesn't mean the album is going to be delayed too...Green Day, tell us something, thanks. 🙏😐

Maybe they'll have bundle on their website eventually when the new album will come out.
You can buy the new album + LOTAG book + a t-shirt

27 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I just hope this doesn't mean the album is going to be delayed too...Green Day, tell us something, thanks. 🙏😐

I was so surprised by no one suggesting this yet, fear gives wings to the feet, doesn't it?2.gif

48 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I wonder if the delayed release of the Last of the American Girls book (now Oct 2020) has to do with a hopefully imminent album release? I wonder if they are worried one would just take away from the other by releasing a new record and book at the same time? I just hope this doesn't mean the album is going to be delayed too...Green Day, tell us something, thanks. 🙏😐

They are releasing the Bob Gruen book now there’s nothing wrong with tie-in products. There’s nothing to indicate the delay has anything to do with the album release at all (or anything to suggest an album has been delayed) 

The one possible reason is the negative reaction the book description got from social media when it was first announced maybe gave them second thoughts about releasing it during a big promotion period. They might choose to quietly release it a year from now when it can’t do harm to record or ticket sales if there’s still any backlash. 

52 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They are releasing the Bob Gruen book now there’s nothing wrong with tie-in products. There’s nothing to indicate the delay has anything to do with the album release at all (or anything to suggest an album has been delayed) 

The one possible reason is the negative reaction the book description got from social media when it was first announced maybe gave them second thoughts about releasing it during a big promotion period. They might choose to quietly release it a year from now when it can’t do harm to record or ticket sales if there’s still any backlash. 

there wont be an album this year

14 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I think it's good that he always has projects going on, even if not all of them are realized in the end. He probably just speaks his mind when asked about it :P

but 60 (it was the age projection you replied to) is not old, especially for guys (but perhaps that's because all of the makeup women use to put on their skin, not sure it helps with time). I've seen guys at 60 looking better than they ever had, despite age visible. Billie is looking great approaching 50, I'm not worried at all about 60. And at 60 he's still almost young and perfectly able (and certainly willing) to compose and perform. His energy is even more remarkable than his physics for his age!

That's the way you write in Europe for the most part :P it must be his Italian side speaking. What's funny though is when there is a space before a dot. Even in France some people do it but it's an aberration

I hope for September single, and October for the album. I kinda apprehend to hear some songs live (through vids of the first shows) before listening them with the album. I guess there will be some shows before the album release, like usual, but it will be my first time experiencing it for a GD album. If you only get glimpses of the new songs through fan vids at first, damn! that might be a bit stressful, not to understand all the lyrics especially. I mean, if you witness it for real it doesn't mean you'll understand everything either, but at least you'll have done the most that could be done, being there while it happens lol.

Guys I’ve seen that rocked the house over 60.

Aerosmith - Tyler was 70 last year when I saw him. He’s currently 71. Show was amazing!

Paul McCartney is almost 80 and I just saw him do a KICK ASS show at Dodger’s Stadium for over 3 hours at 77 and I’ve been watching him since his late 60s.

I saw Leonard Cohen (granted he was never a rocker) but he put on a great nearly 3 hour show at 84. He didn’t even pick up a guitar until 36. It was the only and final time I saw him as he died a couple years later. 

Im about to see The Rolling Stones, Satisfaction Tour, and they are 

Jagger - 76

Keith Richards - 75

They only play a couple hours so they rock the fuck out.

Dont forget, as Green Day ages; so will you. In 10 years, you might be 36 and guess what? What you see, changes. I never thought I would date a woman over 30 when I was younger and now I think it would be grows if the girl wasn’t 30 or at minimum 35. 

Shit changes but I have a feeling Billie will be rocking until the end.  God willing.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, WhiteTim said:

but Jeff Kevin and them only play the songs live on the album it was just Billie who played everything (except Joey on drums for Happiness) hence why he said he was imaging what they'd sound like with Mike and Tre 

Yeah, you’re right Tim but like I said, I was referring to the shows themselves which is what I care about and I also said any Billie project is gonna be good. I love em all from Tubs, Network, Cover Ups, Longshot, Green Day, Norah Jones, Pinhead.... all great but point taken.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:22 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Right. I was referring to the music as recorded, not the live shows (which were fun as hell) 

Fair enough, im getting old. I listen to Rachel Maddow in the car. I love the music to be good live. That’s my bag.

32 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

there wont be an album this year

Not if the album comes out in February but there should be plenty of singles out this year at a minimum. That’s not the same as a delay, that’s the plan.

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not if the album comes out in February but there should be plenty of singles out this year at a minimum. That’s not the same as a delay, that’s the plan.

If a single is coming out in September, I wonder if we’ll get any news on Labor Day Weekend

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

maybe billie is having too much fun playing music with the friends that have time and tre is taking care for his baby.. and there wont be any new green day music till late 2020. 

Billie got Golden Bull where he has beer and can play music so he doesn't need to leave that place for any reason ever again.

11 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

maybe billie is having too much fun playing music with the friends that have time and tre is taking care for his baby.. and there wont be any new green day music till late 2020. 

I don't believe it. 
Pretty sure we'll get new music before 2020.

26 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I don't believe it. 
Pretty sure we'll get new music before 2020.

Yeah definitely! Otherwise, they wouldn’t have posted the bull/studio pics last month if something wasn’t coming soon!

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie got Golden Bull where he has beer and can play music so he doesn't need to leave that place for any reason ever again.

Everybody hanging around there are acquaintances to him or at least very friendly to him, it was a cocooning atmosphere, I understand if he wouldn't want to leave it :P. But  about the club thing, (I know it's a unpopular opinion in this thread but anyway) I don't particularly prefer to see Billie playing a club. And I found the sound in bigger venues often better than in very small rooms. I also find Billie the most unleashed with GD, not Longshot. But it's of course different. Playing in stadiums is great. It fits him so well, just like playing in a more intimate atmosphere fits him, but he manages to make stadiums feel as intimate. In big venues what's pretty magical is that everyone, up to the furthest rows, is passionate, dancing, (despite being more or less hardcore fans, I don't even know where the line is, but they are all dancing) and touched in the same way. And it reunites much more people, and often people who won't have many other occasions to see GD live (and the first 2 rows are wide enough not to be fully occupied by the same bunch of people over and over again... :dry:) Billie may particularly love the club atmosphere, but he was also very touched to play, for instance, Wrigley Field in 2017, for the first time (in the middle of BOBD, he cried: Mom! I'm in Wrigley Field!) If I have the chance to see a US gig of the next tour, I would love to see them in a stadium.

About beer, he did have a few ones the night of the coverups show at the golden bull. Just like everyone basically. They were selling some kind of basic beer in bottles, I tasted it but I much preferred the more crafted stuff, and I was bugged to see him with his bottle in hand, like "how can you prefer that basic beer?" :P but I think it's the just the bottle that's more handy to hold... and Americans must be used to their local beers. Here we don't have any that really taste like that!

37 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Everybody hanging around there are acquaintances to him or at least very friendly to him, it was a cocooning atmosphere, I understand if he wouldn't want to leave it :P. But  about the club thing, (I know it's a unpopular opinion in this thread but anyway) I don't particularly prefer to see Billie playing a club. And I found the sound in bigger venues often better than in very small rooms. I also find Billie the most unleashed with GD, not Longshot. But it's of course different. Playing in stadiums is great. It fits him so well, just like playing in a more intimate atmosphere fits him, but he manages to make stadiums feel as intimate. In big venues what's pretty magical is that everyone, up to the furthest rows, is passionate, dancing, (despite being more or less hardcore fans, I don't even know where the line is, but they are all dancing) and touched in the same way. And it reunites much more people, and often people who won't have many other occasions to see GD live (and the first 2 rows are wide enough not to be fully occupied by the same bunch of people over and over again... :dry:) Billie may particularly love the club atmosphere, but he was also very touched to play, for instance, Wrigley Field in 2017, for the first time (in the middle of BOBD, he cried: Mom! I'm in Wrigley Field!) If I have the chance to see a US gig of the next tour, I would love to see them in a stadium.

About beer, he did have a few ones the night of the coverups show at the golden bull. Just like everyone basically. They were selling some kind of basic beer in bottles, I tasted it but I much preferred the more crafted stuff, and I was bugged to see him with his bottle in hand, like "how can you prefer that basic beer?" :P but I think it's the just the bottle that's more handy to hold... and Americans must be used to their local beers. Here we don't have any that really taste like that!

I've never seen him play a small show, but I know I'd love it. I prefer small shows in general, so I think it would be really cool unless people in the crowd act out too much. :P I don't think I'd have fun watching people taking selfies with him etc, but a small show with a chill crowd where you get to mosh with your friends is the best. Not that you can't do this at an arena show, but that's more of an undertaking rather than a simple evening out where you don't have to line up or plan 6 months in advance. I just love the small show atmosphere and that it's spontaneous. Haha imagine some random bands are playing and you have no idea who they are and then next no-name number is Billie and Jason. Wtf!

:lol: I never had American beer and I'm not sure I want to try. Now I'm realizing I'm actually super biased because I don't really have any experience with Bad Foreign Beer TM, but I'm still convinced it's all inferior. An exception is German and Austrian beer which is on thin ice. :P

also, draft>>>>>>>>bottled. And serving the bottled stuff in pubs is an abomination!

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I've never seen him play a small show, but I know I'd love it. I prefer small shows in general, so I think it would be really cool unless people in the crowd act out too much. :P I don't think I'd have fun watching people taking selfies with him etc, but a small show with a chill crowd where you get to mosh with your friends is the best. Not that you can't do this at an arena show, but that's more of an undertaking rather than a simple evening out where you don't have to line up or plan 6 months in advance. I just love the small show atmosphere and that it's spontaneous. Haha imagine some random bands are playing and you have no idea who they are and then next no-name number is Billie and Jason. Wtf!

:lol: I never had American beer and I'm not sure I want to try. Now I'm realizing I'm actually super biased because I don't really have any experience with Bad Foreign Beer TM, but I'm still convinced it's all inferior. An exception is German and Austrian beer which is on thin ice. :P

also, draft>>>>>>>>bottled. And serving the bottled stuff in pubs is an abomination!

The Bull is not hipster at all it’s a dive bar with a very blue collar beer list — Coors, PBR, etc. a few imports but nothing fancy. I had a dark Modelo (Mexican) in a bottle which was good but it was the only dark beer they had. 

I can see Billie loves playing small clubs but think he also loves the big shows, he handles then so well and makes the crowd feel so involved.  I don’t expect to ever see him/them in a small venue and would love to if I ever got the opportunity.  Just want to see him perform, arena/stadium or shed, I’ll take it.

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

I can see Billie loves playing small clubs but think he also loves the big shows, he handles then so well and makes the crowd feel so involved.  I don’t expect to ever see him/them in a small venue and would love to if I ever got the opportunity.  Just want to see him perform, arena/stadium or shed, I’ll take it.

I was watching the full Reading 2013 show yesterday and it made me really miss Green Day. As much as I’ve loved the small Longshot and Coverups shows I’ve seen over the past year what Green Day do in a large venue is something really special. Watching Billie work that crowd of tens of thousands of people there’s really nothing like it. I can’t wait to go again.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived