Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

22 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

there is no need for mike and tre at the moment

Wow. What a fan?

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve thought about what the Longshot songs would have sounded like on a Green Day album and they definitely would have had more punch and a bigger sound with Tre’s amazing fills and Mike’s bass lines. Billie can play every instrument  for sure but it sounds basic. I love Longshot for what it is but to me it definitely sounds like only 1/3 of what Green Day is. 

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve thought about what the Longshot songs would have sounded like on a Green Day album and they definitely would have had more punch and a bigger sound with Tre’s amazing fills and Mike’s bass lines. Billie can play every instrument  for sure but it sounds basic. I love Longshot for what it is but to me it definitely sounds like only 1/3 of what Green Day is. 

100% what I think about Love is for Losers. This is why I am quite optimistic about the new record, if this is what side material sounds like, composed and recorded by a one man Billie band, I think we could get great things from the next GD work. 

2 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

EDIT: BECAUSE BILLIE JOES SOLO WORK IS BETTER THAN GREEN DAY 

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

there is no need for mike and tre at the moment

Is there really a difference when it's always Billie writing the songs? What I mean is that with him being the author both the praise for the good stuff and the blame for the not-so-good is on him. I don't think Green Day's music suffers from the fact that other people who are good at playing their instruments are involved. It's his songwriting that's sometimes inconsistent in quality.

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is there really a difference when it's always Billie writing the songs? What I mean is that with him being the author both the praise for the good stuff and the blame for the not-so-good is on him. I don't think Green Day's music suffers from the fact that other people who are good at playing their instruments are involved. It's his songwriting that's sometimes inconsistent in quality.

I partially agree with this, I think Mike, Tre and the record production process influence and changes Billie’s composition. Then yeah, Billie’s input is definitely central, and if it’s not that brilliant it can end up creating a not brilliant song. I think that’s what happened in a relatively rushed process like the one of the Trilogy (for some of the songs, no intention to start a new Trilogy war). 

I saw Green Day twice last time they toured and I saw The Longshot once. While I loved all 3 shows, The Longshot was by far my favorite. I think that is because Billie really looked like he was having fun, and that came through in the show. So whatever brings that type of fun performance again, bring it on

13 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

I saw Green Day twice last time they toured and I saw The Longshot once. While I loved all 3 shows, The Longshot was by far my favorite. I think that is because Billie really looked like he was having fun, and that came through in the show. So whatever brings that type of fun performance again, bring it on

Of course the size of the venue makes a huge difference. Whether it’s GD or LS, a small club is way more fun than an arena.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if at this point he prefers playing small shows and Longshot style music over Green Day. 

Precisely my point. 

24 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

I never had chance to see Gd/Longshot/other side projects in an intimate environment, but I did saw other bands that usually play arenas and stadiums having concerts in small clubs. I always had the best experiences and saw the best performances in the latter, I think having 150 people in front of you just creates a better connection with the audience than having thousands. Then also stadiums/huge festivals have their magic as well, my least favorites are definitely arenas. 

It would be interesting to hear from someone that saw both Green Day/Foxboro in one of the secret shows and a Longshot show :) 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if at this point he prefers playing small shows and Longshot style music over Green Day. 

Every time he plays a small GD show he says how much he prefers it, and I believe him.

Smaller venues are diffidently better than arenas. Sometimes the sound can be a bit distorted in arenas, which doesn't help. 

They'll for sure do a club/small theater tour before they do the full arena tour, like usual.

23 hours ago, nobodylikeswarning said:

“Banana milkshake. Yeaaaaaah I drink banana milkshake. Milkshake mass from bananaaaaaaaaaas fuck trump he’s an orange milkshakeeeeeee and nobody likes thaaaaaaat “

That is LEGIT THE FRICKING BEST!😂🤣😆 

21 minutes ago, AmericanIdiot2 said:

That is LEGIT THE FRICKING BEST!😂🤣😆 

Watch your language

32 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Still hoping this is on the new album!!! It would be a smash hit!!!!

I’m not a huge fan - think it’s pretty generic and would def not be a smash hit

6 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I’m not a huge fan - think it’s pretty generic and would def not be a smash hit

Well that was just a rough run through during a soundcheck. It would sound much better in the studio and with Butch Walker’s production

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well that was just a rough run through during a soundcheck. It would sound much better in the studio and with Butch Walker’s production

Just a clear b side to me - Youngblood minus

I really like Dreamcatcher. It would have fit well on the Longshot album. It's got that classic rock, melodic, Green Day vibe.

8 hours ago, Adorkable said:

I saw a huge difference between him playing in Denver and then is Salt Lake City on the last tour. He looked like he was just kind of going through the motions in Denver but looked like he was having the best show of his life and had a smile on his face 99% of the time in SLC. 

Dreamcatcher rules. And would fit perfectly on Longshot album. Really hope Green Day has a Longshot influence on this next record but also don’t want to hear all the garbage from people who wouldn’t get how great that would be.

Basically: Dreamcatcher rules and I would love to hear it recorded and presented in a way Billie and / or Green Day would like it to be. 

9 hours ago, Adorkable said:

I loved both but I liked the Longshot atmosphere more. There were far less younger fans that were obsessed with being in the front and all grumpy just because they were tired from camping out (even though they had the vip) ???

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hear what you’re saying but respectfully disagree.

Apples and Oranges.

You can’t quantify art and this is just what you think but Kev can hold his own over any guitarist in theatrics and he has session musician talents. Jeff is great on bass. The Longshot is just a different band but live, they are the sweet spot for me at the moment. The most rockin shows I’ve been to this year we’re two Longshot shows and they were fucking INSANE.

Like I always say, any Billie project is like ice cream, it’s always gonna taste good.

Gimme more cause I’m starving! ;)

32 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Hear what you’re saying but respectfully disagree.

Apples and Oranges.

You can’t quantify art and this is just what you think but Kev can hold his own over any guitarist in theatrics and he has session musician talents. Jeff is great on bass. The Longshot is just a different band but live, they are the sweet spot for me at the moment. The most rockin shows I’ve been to this year we’re two Longshot shows and they were fucking INSANE.

Like I always say, any Billie project is like ice cream, it’s always gonna taste good.

Gimme more cause I’m starving! ;)

but Jeff Kevin and them only play the songs live on the album it was just Billie who played everything (except Joey on drums for Happiness) hence why he said he was imaging what they'd sound like with Mike and Tre 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived