Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 hour ago, steve46 said:

Billies new IG story? Underlining that Trump is an idiot. Any reference here?

Yeah, Trump is an idiot is the reference

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Slipknot record is currently taking care of my music fix while Album 13 alludes me.  Still taking it in, not sure how I feel about it yet but I have a good feeling about it after a few listens. The only thing I hate about it is the interlude tracks that don't really add anything to the songs.  14 tracks, but only 11 are songs, and one or two of those barely have lyrics.  Anyway.

Glad Green Day don't do intros, interludes or waste run time on albums. Will they continue this trend on future albums?  Hope so.

42 minutes ago, That Dude said:

New Slipknot record is currently taking care of my music fix while Album 13 alludes me.  Still taking it in, not sure how I feel about it yet but I have a good feeling about it after a few listens. The only thing I hate about it is the interlude tracks that don't really add anything to the songs.  14 tracks, but only 11 are songs, and one or two of those barely have lyrics.  Anyway.

Glad Green Day don't do intros, interludes or waste run time on albums. Will they continue this trend on future albums?  Hope so.

How about when Green Day opened 21CB with Song of the Century?

42 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Yeah, and there's a couple of songs that are unnecessary long too. I wish green day never do that in any album. I think the closest to a interlude they did was song of the century... and that one was great 😉

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about when Green Day opened 21CB with Song of the Century?

1) that's the intro to the album as a whole and the second time is attached to american eulogy
2) That's the only album where they seem to do stuff like that
3) That's one song and part of a song out of an 18 song album, it barely does jack shit compared to the slipknot album

55 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I dig the intros and interludes. Slipknot has always had an intro track. And they had an interlude on their last album too. Death Because of Death was not that great at first, but I even dig that now. The album is killer

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

You all seem to forget about the intro of Letterbomb 😂

10 minutes ago, MissHoliday228 said:

You all seem to forget about the intro of Letterbomb 😂

Songs having interludes and intros are fine, just not when they are seperated into their own track.

Buying a cd with the excitement of hearing 14 song and only getting 8-9 fully fleshed out songs kind of sucks. 

Not hating on Slipknot, I am obsessed with them right now.  Wouldn't mind a Green Day team up!

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Songs having interludes and intros are fine, just not when they are seperated into their own track.

Buying a cd with the excitement of hearing 14 song and only getting 8-9 fully fleshed out songs kind of sucks. 

Not hating on Slipknot, I am obsessed with them right now.  Wouldn't mind a Green Day team up!

I remember Billie saying that Slipknot sounds like Tré choking on a hairball. Which is funny because Corey (and his son, and a lot of the other band members and their families) absolutely love Green Day. Corey did an acoustic show were he covered 1 or 2 songs from Dookie and told one of the guys in the audience that if he didn't like Green Day, he should get fuck out.

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Is it as bad with Slipknot as with Linkin Park on "A thousand suns" or Hunting Party"? 😂

(I love those albums!)

55 minutes ago, MissHoliday228 said:

Is it as bad with Slipknot as with Linkin Park on "A thousand suns" or Hunting Party"? 😂

(I love those albums!)

the hunting party is one of the best albums of their career 😎

51 minutes ago, MissHoliday228 said:

(I love those albums!)

Hunting Party is great and besides Drawbar and The Summoning (which is only 1 minute) doesn't really have any unnecessary shite

A Thousand Suns kind of does but imo all the full length tracks on that album (or almost all of them) are great. The Catalyst is legit like their best song, idk why it got so hated at release other than people saying "iT's dIFfErEnT i dOn'T LiKE"

14 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Ya’ll seem to be forgetting about “Last Ride In”...

Given that Last Ride In is the longest song in Nimrod, I wouldn't call it an interlude. I think it adds nice variety to an album with 18 songs

See You Tonight is like Song of the Century... Except it doesn't add anything to the album it's on

35 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

See You Tonight is like Song of the Century... Except it doesn't add anything to the album it's on

Yes it does - look at the song that follows....

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

27 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Yes it does - look at the song that follows....

See You Tonight, IT’S FUCK TIME!!!

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

See You Tonight is one of those songs that can precede any song in Dos and it has a good transition, both in context and instrumentally.

39 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Billie kinda turned into Austin Powers there for a sec with Dos.

Yeah baby (eyes), yeah!

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

First Ride Out!

Why was it called Last Ride In?  Any story there? 

It’s all in the lyrics really

Jason Freese is visiting Tré and Sara, I think it's the first time I see a picture of him with Mickey. Could this mean that he is in town for a reunion for rehearsals?

1 minute ago, Alf said:

Jason Freese is visiting Tré and Sara, I think it's the first time I see a picture of him with Mickey. Could this mean that he is in town for a reunion for rehearsals?

He’s been with them before, they posted pictures around January.  I think he lives in LA too so he’s always around.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived