Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

14 minutes ago, Alf said:

The funny thing on all this is that you guys believe in every single troll that pops up on 4chan or reddit and believe nothing in the people who is in touch and have a good relationship with the band management for many many years

I don't believe in either of them

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alf said:

I hope for a 33 songs setlist again, like they used to do in the end of 21st CB tour

Honestly, I don’t see it.  That was really unusual, no way they could or should be trying to do that 10+ years later.  It was awesome but I think it would really burn them out now.

I mean the setlist on RevRad tour wasn't exactly short, I'm sure it was still 30+ songs on setlist.fm. To be honest even if they dropped it to 25 we would still be getting a longer show than you do with most other artists.

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

I mean the setlist on RevRad tour wasn't exactly short, I'm sure it was still 30+ songs on setlist.fm. To be honest even if they dropped it to 25 we would still be getting a longer show than you do with most other artists.

The last show (Corona Capital) set was 29 songs. The Rose Bowl was 27 songs. I can see them sticking with 26-30 songs (depending on song length) to keep the 2.5 hour set time.

2 hours ago, Alf said:

I hope for a 33 songs setlist again, like they used to do in the end of 21st CB tour

While I agree and have been going on about that since I joined GDC, I don’t think it’s entirely fair to ask that of them at this point. I think it would be totally possible to mix up the setlist more (i.e. like on the 21CB tour), but they’re all now 10 years older and still play some of the longest shows in the business. If they feel like it, sure, I’d die to see another 30+ song setlist. But if they don’t, I won’t be as disappointed as if they they don’t change the setlist at least a tiny bit. I know either are unrealistic, but the latter isn’t as unreasonable to ask, as it wouldn’t take much to do.

Billie said he sometimes had to get vitamin b12 shots to keep his energy levels up two years ago, so I don't really think even longer shows this time around is reasonable to expect. They still gave/give us very good value for money. 

You don’t have to lengthen the set time to add songs though, just add short songs and eliminate the ones that get dragged out to 10-15 minutes each.

I really think they could do a 40 song set list regularly if they wanted to. I think they've been really satisfied with how well constructed the set has been and see no reason to change it. I feel like eventually they'll want to tear it all down and start fresh.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You don’t have to lengthen the set time to add songs though, just add short songs and eliminate the ones that get dragged out to 10-15 minutes each.

Fair enough. Not bothered enough to research right now but I'm assuming their most intense 21CB shows were generally longer then the average RevRad show? I don't know if the person who wanted 33 songs want it for the variety or the total duration.

Either way my take is it doesn't really matter the number of or which songs they play, I'll appreciate the "standard" 2+ hours set regardless. Whether 1/8 of that should be KFAD is another discussion :P

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

lol I can't remember something he said that actually happens.

You've reminded me why I haven't posted here lately.

An August single could still happen, but given the conversation Jchobo or whatever his name is had with Billie, I bet September is likely. If nothing happens in September then well...idk.

18 minutes ago, Matt. said:

You've reminded me why I haven't posted here lately.

I’m sure that there’s a verse from the Bible saying “You should not care about the unbelievers and leak everything”. Or was it the gospel of Matthew? :P 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I am pretty sure that the short album songs that they push for 10ish minutes live are there so they can have a time to breathe, they're old and couldn't afford to go full speed for 2 and a half hours.

A shorter time set, without the enlongated songs I would like beter

9 minutes ago, Alf said:

I am pretty sure that the short album songs that they push for 10ish minutes live are there so they can have a time to breathe, they're old and couldn't afford to go full speed for 2 and a half hours.

But they've been doing that for 20 years.

Just now, localinsomniac said:

But they've been doing that for 20 years.

yeah, but it started with 1 or 2 songs per show, now we have it at each 15 minutes hahahahha

On 8/9/2019 at 4:11 PM, herewegoagain said:

Fair enough. Not bothered enough to research right now but I'm assuming their most intense 21CB shows were generally longer then the average RevRad show? I don't know if the person who wanted 33 songs want it for the variety or the total duration.

Either way my take is it doesn't really matter the number of or which songs they play, I'll appreciate the "standard" 2+ hours set regardless. Whether 1/8 of that should be KFAD is another discussion :P

The 21CB tour started with shows around the same length as on the RevRad tour for the first few legs, occasionally longer and sometimes actually shorter, although in any case longer than the average AI tour setlist. Then, towards the summer of 2010, the set-lists started to surpass 30 songs more regularly, culminating in the probably record-breaking 43 songs long set at their last show of the tour in late September. As with RevRad, the longest and most diverse sets of the arena/stadium tour were almost all in South America.

11 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

The 21CB tour started with shows around the same length as on the RevRad tour for the first few legs, occasionally longer and sometimes actually shorter, although in any case longer than the average AI tour setlist. Then, towards the summer of 2010, the set-lists started to surpass 30 songs more regularly, culminating in the probably record braking 43 songs long set at their last show of the tour in late September. As with RevRad, the longest and most diverse sets of the arena/stadium tour were almost all in South America.

Yeah, we got lucky on that. Despite Rio de Janeiro, which was their first SA show, all of the others stepped outside their confort zone a little bit during the oldschool part of the set

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

An August single could still happen, but given the conversation Jchobo or whatever his name is had with Billie, I bet September is likely. If nothing happens in September then well...idk.

I doubt an August single based on what GD management said about "no new music any time soon". August is imo too soon based on that info. I agree, a September single release is much more likely and was the intended release but it's possible that it's been delayed.

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer though

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I doubt an August single based on what GD management said about "no new music any time soon". August is imo too soon based on that info. I agree, a September single release is much more likely and was the intended release but it's possible that it's been delayed.

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer though

There's really no evidence to suggest there's been a delay.

18 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

The 21CB tour started with shows around the same length as on the RevRad tour for the first few legs, occasionally longer and sometimes actually shorter, although in any case longer than the average AI tour setlist. Then, towards the summer of 2010, the set-lists started to surpass 30 songs more regularly, culminating in the probably record braking 43 songs long set at their last show of the tour in late September. As with RevRad, the longest and most diverse sets of the arena/stadium tour were almost all in South America.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I remember reading about this setlist once and totally forgot which show it was.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2010/estadio-ricardo-saprissa-san-jose-costa-rica-bd57542.html

Edit: Looking at it again. Holy shit, that is a lot of Lookout! era stuff.

I stand corrected regarding my earlier comment about the setlist. Just checked the shows I went to and according to setlist.fm non were over 30, the longest I went to on the RevRad tour was 28 in Leeds.

I would love to have experienced the super long 21st CB sets, but hey I can't complain, a 2 and a half hour 28 song setlist is still pretty awesome. 

The whole energy thing is something I frequently think about, but I don't think it'll be a problem for them on this upcoming tour. I think they still have plenty left in the tank. I mean taking out the 10 - 15 minutes for the encore break and the accoustic songs, the full on energetic show is only 2 hours and 20 minutes max. I'm sure they can do that.

3 hours ago, Alf said:

The funny thing on all this is that you guys believe in every single troll that pops up on 4chan or reddit and believe nothing in the people who is in touch and have a good relationship with the band management for many many years

Pretty sure almost everyone who said they believed them was joking lol. There's only a tiny number of people who actually believed any of it, if any.

People are struggling to believe @Matt. because a) they aren't aware of his correct Intel in the past and b) the only concrete info he shared about this album was misinformation from his source, which he admitted. I trust him, but I can see why new members might not. 

1 hour ago, Alf said:

You mean like when Billie screams, “I SAID HEYYYYYYY-OHHHHHHHHHHH!” like 5 times in the middle of each song?

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived