Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

Jason Freese’s father saying that they’re about to go on a world tour is at least confirmation that there’s an album & tour coming sometime soon. So at least we have that. Don’t piss on something that’s finally solid, jeez. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Jason Freese’s father saying that they’re about to go on a world tour is at least confirmation that there’s an album & tour coming sometime soon. So at least we have that. Don’t piss on something that’s finally solid, jeez. 

🙌

I think it’s fair to say “they’re about ready to go out on a world tour again’ is pretty clear but not terribly surprising.  Good to know it’s not all in our minds at this point.  

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Preach!

I mean, come on... we all know something is in the works, or rather we can assume it is as we don't "know" anything. This is the first time someone close to the band (or well, someone in the band) has actually confirmed something. Obviously that's worth talking about.

4 hours ago, Give_Me_Novacaine90 said:

Okay, it's amazing, but how did you found Jason Freese's father talking about Green Day?

Of all the places to get a relatively reliable hint that's something is definitely happening soon... :lol: 

Do we stan Stan Freese now?

10 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I thought this was interesting. For some reason it won't let me post from imgur so I'm embedding it as a link

https://tinyurl.com/y4f8f3c

Lmao the myth lives on

It's nice that we've gotten something that's reliable but there's still nothing really to talk about. All this has done is confirmed what we've known for ages, that an album and tour is coming at some point fairly soon

Do you guys think they'll mix things up with their setlist for this tour? Last tour they didn't really mix things up. We heard some of the new songs live and there were a couple surprises (few and far between)

3 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's nice that we've gotten something that's reliable but there's still nothing really to talk about. All this has done is confirmed what we've known for ages, that an album and tour is coming at some point fairly soon

Do you guys think they'll mix things up with their setlist for this tour? Last tour they didn't really mix things up. We heard some of the new songs live and there were a couple surprises (few and far between)

I hope for a 33 songs setlist again, like they used to do in the end of 21st CB tour

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

6 minutes ago, Alf said:

I hope for a 33 songs setlist again, like they used to do in the end of 21st CB tour

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I will remember 2010 all my life in Montreal. 
It was fucking awesome !!
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2010/quai-jacques-cartier-montreal-qc-canada-4bd58f0e.html

I hope they start playing songs that they never played live before, like Dirty Rotten Bastards!

15 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Do you guys think they'll mix things up with their setlist for this tour?

No.

But Jasons father said that „they are ready about going on a world tour again“. He would not say that if the tour would kick off in February. So September/October release is more realistic to be honest. 

20 minutes ago, steve46 said:

But Jasons father said that „they are ready about going on a world tour again“. He would not say that if the tour would kick off in February. So September/October release is more realistic to be honest. 

I mean that confirms that they are about to start a tour, that is great, but it does not say anything that specific about when the tour will start, and I think that it will most likely be around February. I might be wrong, but with a release in September/October I think the first few months will be dedicated to promotional appearances more then actual touring. 

Maybe what he knows/meant is just that they will start rehearsing/playing together again soon. 

9 minutes ago, J a c said:

I mean that confirms that they are about to start a tour, that is great, but it does not say anything that specific about when the tour will start, and I think that it will most likely be around February. I might be wrong, but with a release in September/October I think the first few months will be dedicated to promotional appearances more then actual touring. 

Maybe what he knows/meant is just that they will start rehearsing/playing together again soon. 

And it ties in with what Jeff said about not being able to commit to anything 3-4 months from now.

Wow, nice to have some confirmation that things are happening behind the scenes at least.

Thanks Jason’s dad! 😂

Green Day always come in my city during March when they tour. 
I know because I'm always freezing outside when I'm waiting in line in the morning.

So I HOPE it's gonna be this March. I cannot wait one more years.

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

not true

lol I can't remember something he said that actually happens.

Man, I am from Brazil, the shitty south american country, and even here we as a fan club / fan page (Green Day Brasil) can get information through several contacts on the local Warner office and other people. We got information in advance during the whole Revrad era, so as Matt and GDA got too.

You guys shouldn't underestimate the power of a good managed group of fans

(Though we know nothing this time, unfortunatelly)

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

lol I can't remember something he said that actually happens.

“It’s not what you’re expecting, but it’s a single nonetheless.”

One month later: Strangers and Thieves by Jesse Malin featuring Billie Joe Armstrong

The funny thing on all this is that you guys believe in every single troll that pops up on 4chan or reddit and believe nothing in the people who is in touch and have a good relationship with the band management for many many years

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived