Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wish he’d reassure us that we’re just weeks/days away from something. We got the bull/studio pics on July 19th but nothing else since

He either doesn't know anything or can't tell us.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping that the middle finger and the record studio posts would be followed up with some more coordinated Instagram posts this week, but I guess it probably won't happen now :cry:. Hopefully he'll be back soon. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s actually one of the downsides of having to wait a year for your album to get released. If they were independent and he had something to say he could just release a song at random.

This is what Crass found, they released a double album of thoughtful social commentary but by the time it came out all the events they were discussing were long past, so after that they wrote and released singles within the span of about a week in response to things.

6 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Even Matt has fallen silent now. WHAT'S GOING ON? 

I’m sure the guys have told him not to drop any more hints

Whats The reason behind those gun laws? Why are Guns so legal considering that mass shootings happen almost every day there. Why are there so many psychos in america? I think all those mass shootings, those many sexes things, sodoma gamora happen because you guys have too much freedom there and no self-control. Sorry for being triggered

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure the guys have told him not to drop any more hints

He doesn’t know the guys, and I’m sure the new stuff that’s developed is pretty well locked down

8 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

He doesn’t know the guys, and I’m sure the new stuff that’s developed is pretty well locked down

I’ve seen pictures of Matt and Billie together the hell you mean he doesn’t know the guys? 

At this point in revrad era at least we already had the single announcement, this time we literally have some "fuck you" pics of the guys and a bull that literally means nothing. These guys are just weird 😂😅

1 hour ago, Asik said:

Whats The reason behind those gun laws? Why are Guns so legal considering that mass shootings happen almost every day there. Why are there so many psychos in america? I think all those mass shootings, those many sexes things, sodoma gamora happen because you guys have too much freedom there and no self-control. Sorry for being triggered

Don’t be so logical. Amuricans don’t like it. And yes I’m an American.

I hope that I can easily find a copy of ALBUM 13 when it comes out.  The last two albums I wanted to buy from a brick and mortar store were not available.  Had to download one and order the other from Barnes and Noble.  

I used to get all my Green Day albums from Best Buy, but I'm fairly certain they don't sell them at all anymore.  It's hard to gauge if ALBUM 13 will be an issue, because Green Day are a bigger name than the ones I've been going after lately. 

The two records I wanted in the ole' compact disc format was Galaga by Rehab and and Young Beauties and Fools by The Glorious Sons.    With Rehab I expected problems, they are relatively unknown and I don't think I've ever heard or seen anything about them without digging for it myself.  Galaga was a digital only release unless you went to their live shows or something.   So no cd for me.  

I thought The Glorious Sons would be a bit easier to find.  They have become one of my favorite bands overnight and are making THE BEST ROCK N ROLL I've heard in years, what a fantastic album!  (aside from the packaging:  I went to all that trouble to get a physical copy and there is no booklet or much of anything to look at. AAAAARGH!!!) 

There are really no reliable stores I know of now to buy music.  :(

All my old people, where do you go to buy a new album on new music Friday?  Or is ordering basically the only option at this point?   

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I hope that I can easily find a copy of ALBUM 13 when it comes out.  The last two albums I wanted to buy from a brick and mortar store were not available.  Had to download one and order the other from Barnes and Noble.  

I used to get all my Green Day albums from Best Buy, but I'm fairly certain they don't sell them at all anymore.  It's hard to gauge if ALBUM 13 will be an issue, because Green Day are a bigger name than the ones I've been going after lately. 

The two records I wanted in the ole' compact disc format was Galaga by Rehab and and Young Beauties and Fools by The Glorious Sons.    With Rehab I expected problems, they are relatively unknown and I don't think I've ever heard or seen anything about them without digging for it myself.  Galaga was a digital only release unless you went to their live shows or something.   So no cd for me.  

I thought The Glorious Sons would be a bit easier to find.  They have become one of my favorite bands overnight and are making THE BEST ROCK N ROLL I've heard in years, what a fantastic album!  (aside from the packaging:  I went to all that trouble to get a physical copy and there is no booklet or much of anything to look at. AAAAARGH!!!) 

All my old people, where do you go to buy a new album on new music Friday?  Or is ordering basically the only option at this point?   

They're a regional (New England) chain, but I get just about all my new music from Newbury Comics.

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

They're a regional (New England) chain, but I get just about all my new music from Newbury Comics.

I just preordered the new Slipknot album. If I am happy with its arrival time from Amazon I will just do that I guess. :(

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I just preordered the new Slipknot album. If I am happy with its arrival time from Amazon I will just do that I guess. :(

I hear you, man. There's nothing better than being able to walk into an actual record store and pick up a new album on release day.

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

I hear you, man. There's nothing better than being able to walk into an actual record store and pick up a new album on release day.

10 years ago, I got 21CB at Hot Topic, When ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and ¡TRÉ! came out separately, I got each of them at Best Buy, and then I ordered RevRad on Amazon

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

You can probably get it at FYE

I think will buy the CD only if there’s a booklet/deluxe version as well, and only for collection reasons, otherwise for the first time I’ll just go with vinyl and digital. It would be sad from a certain perspective, but my new car does not have a CD player, my computer does not have a CD player, I do not have a CD player connected to my sound system since years, and I think I never played the RevRad CD once 😂 

"Green Day is the focus of the summer"

Quick someone, what specific day does summer end?

12 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

"Green Day is the focus of the summer"

Quick someone, what specific day does summer end?

Sept. 23. The album comes out a day before that. 

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Sept. 23. The album comes out a day before that. 

Legit. This is 100% going to happen :')

12 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

Legit. This is 100% going to happen :')

they'll release on the last day of summer after they've been focusing on it the entire time

My nephew said he hopes the next album has lots of songs like Bang Bang and Say Goodbye because they're "sick". I have to agree.

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

they'll release on the last day of summer after they've been focusing on it the entire time

I picture all three of them sitting Criss crossed on billies patio in Oakland wearing (green) monk robes, just softly repeating their mantra: summer....summer....summer...

Suddenly Billies cell phone rings. It's Butch. He's in a panic.

"Guys what the fuck summer is basically over I can't keep up the act of not knowing anything any longer. Im gonna be honest with you  billie, I didn't know what I was getting into when I agreed to produce your album. I've had to make up 10 fake leaks to throw these fuckers off our trail. And...and...There's this deranged guy who goes by the name of GDfan2019 who won't..."

"It is time. Release the album."

"Oh God really? Okay Pray for Peace will be released bright and early tomorrow.."

"But Butch...we have come to a conclusion. The album will not be called Pray for Peace."

"Uh okay then...what are we changing it to?"

"It shall be" Mike and Tre both joining Billie in unison "Dollywhoop."

"What?"

*phone hangs up*

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived