Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

If there was a Billie Eilish collaboration the most frustrating part will be going into the song's thread when it drops and never knowing which fucking Billie anyone is referring to at any given moment.

Also it really would scream "we're desperate for relevance" but that is nothing compared to the shit GDC puts up with.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Murkrage said:

I wouldn't worry about that too much. They're known around the world, so it's not really the situation in the US that matters as much.

I’m not “worried” about it. I’m saying that this is an issue that should be weighing on everyone in the US and it’s more important than Green Day music at the moment. And Billie, Mike, and Tre know that. 

Anyone see Scott Nagelberg’s IG story just now? He said, “Doing the going away drinks thing tonight. Text me for info.” Could it be the beginning of Green Day promotions?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Anyone see Scott Nagelberg’s IG story just now? He said, “Doing the going away drinks thing tonight. Text me for info.” Could it be the beginning of Green Day promotions?

This is not new. He’s in New York and leaving for CA soon. The other night he did a going away tour of restaurants in NY and tonight apparently he’s doing the same with drinks. He’s subletting his apartment starting on the 10th. All per his public Instagram account. So we already know that he’ll be in CA by the 10th. We talked in previous posts about how this could mean the start of the promotion cycle since he is GD’s manager.

Anyone notice there is now 17 Subscribers in the SongsForAssholes IG account instead of 15?
I guess it's Billie Eilish and his brother.
Or Lady Cobra and her tattoos
Or Jeff Matika ex-wife and his new boyfriend

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

This is not new. He’s in New York and leaving for CA soon. The other night he did a going away tour of restaurants in NY and tonight apparently he’s doing the same with drinks. He’s subletting his apartment starting on the 10th. All per his public Instagram account. So we already know that he’ll be in CA by the 10th. We talked in previous posts about how this could mean the start of the promotion cycle since he is GD’s manager.

So basically what you are saying is we are most definitely getting an announcement on aug 10th, gotcha. 😅

Now I have to go see what the deal is with this Billie Eilish person.  

*currently youtubing*

37 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

So basically what you are saying is we are most definitely getting an announcement on aug 10th, gotcha. 😅

No

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They may be known around the world but the US is their home.

Regardless, I do think we are looking at a September single. It would be funny if after all these “leaks” and insiders the one who was right all along was Billie Joe himself (as told to @TJChrobo ).

I’ll be back later to say I told you so 🙂

As will I. In a nice way lol

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Anyone notice there is now 17 Subscribers in the SongsForAssholes IG account instead of 15?
I guess it's Billie Eilish and his brother.
Or Lady Cobra and her tattoos
Or Jeff Matika ex-wife and his new boyfriend

Yes. That was discussed probably 6 pages ago and based on people who follow other people on instagram, it's not any of those you've listed.

Question why is it that everybody seems to just like Jeff? I’ve always seen comments on here about him in a less than nice tone but never really understood why?

11 minutes ago, scottnz6789 said:

Question why is it that everybody seems to just like Jeff? I’ve always seen comments on here about him in a less than nice tone but never really understood why?

He's never been very popular because he's often kind of arrogant to fans but the main reason for the dislike is that when he broke up with his young girlfriend he encouraged his followers on social media to harass her, which was really shitty.

I also don’t like watching him jump around in the back corner of the stage and then throw out one or two backing vocal. It bothers me for some reason

41 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I also don’t like watching him jump around in the back corner of the stage and then throw out one or two backing vocal. It bothers me for some reason

Same, but mostly because he gets to do it and not me 😆

5 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

4 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Seems that Sept single is likely.

So if Nagelberg will be in LA next week, we’ll probably get the announcement next week some time! That could mean we’ll get a single on any of these 3 Fridays, August 23rd, 30th, or September 6th

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So if Nagelberg will be in LA next week, we’ll probably get the announcement next week some time! That could mean we’ll get a single on any of these 3 Fridays, August 23rd, 30th, or September 6th

Just wading in here, but if he's moving out to LA surely he'd want a week or two to sort his apartment etc and get settled in before getting whisked into work?

My money is on Sept 6 which coincidentally is the same as that Kill Your TV rumor (though I’m not convinced of the title yet).

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My money is on Sept 6 which coincidentally is the same as that Kill Your TV rumor (though I’m not convinced of the title yet).

And apparently, someone in Green Day’s inner circle reported it and had IG remove it!!! I don’t think they’d go out of their way to report a fake leak

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And apparently, someone in Green Day’s inner circle reported it and had IG remove it!!! I don’t think they’d go out of their way to report a fake leak

just because they got reported doesn't mean someone in GD's inner circle did it 

39 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I do not think it necessarily means we’ll get an announcement next week. There will have to be a lot of meetings and decisions finalized most likely before that happens. 

I do have a feeling the Gruen book date of August 27 is significant. Would just be too much of a coincidence. But of course I could be wrong because half the time with this band, what seems obvious is not. 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived