Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Another question: I think I recall the RevRad video was premiered on Twitch during their Con in 2017, does that sound right?  Because their manager just bought tickets to this year’s TwitchCon which is September 27-30 so I’m wondering if that’s gonna be Green Day related. 

Another possible hint from Scott N. We know he’s their manager and it looks like he’s heading out to CA within the next week, and he’s getting TwitchCon tickets through his Crush account. Possibly a GD/Twitch connection for promotion. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Lollapalooza in 2018, Billie Eilish was asked if one day would be a collaboration with Billie Joe / Green Day. She answered in a huge surprise: 'I would pee myself'

Hmm.

I personally don't see any collab going on right now, but who knows. definitely fans of each other, but they live in two different music worlds. I think that Billies managers and fans would not mind but what else about Green Day. widely-understood pop music can be mixed with any other sound - elements of rock, metal, funk etc. and an artist will not face accusations of selling-out.

How would that collab song even sound like? Honestely, if it was a poppy song or something like Nightlife vol. 2 - it would have been better if it was not made at all. I only see it like this: greendayish punk song with poppy, mystery vibe to it created by Eilishs whisper-singing. An maybe a little bit of synthesizer / electronic in the bridge, not more. It coudn't be overproduced and packed with the same effects, chords patterns, which thousands of musicians use 😜

I think if they made her a proposal, she would accept immediately. for Green Day - that venture would involve more risk. on the one hand it would be a great promotion of the new album. A mass of teenagers could discover Green Day, it would be great.

Personally I don't like Eilish music (generally pop, top charts songs), but she stands out from the rest pop musicians in terms of image and media appearance. This is probably why Billie likes Elilish so much.

I wouldn't see it as betrayal,'how punk rockers dare to collaborate with top pop artist???' Honestly I don't consider present Green Day music as punk. I hate article titles like: 'punk veternas bla bla bla'. Punk veterans are for example: Sex Pistols, Minor Threat or Black Flag. Green Day is just a great ROCK band (the best in the world, I mean), and a innovative collab for one single song would be a big deal ;)

13 hours ago, michael1989 said:

What kind of sound does everyone want from the first single?

I know it would be kinda impossible but I would love if the first single (and why not the whole album?) sounds like this in terms of old school Green Day's song structure with punk verses and choruses and the rock and roll style of solo:

27 minutes ago, gdmibra said:

I know it would be kinda impossible but I would love if the first single (and why not the whole album?) sounds like this in terms of old school Green Day's song structure with punk verses and choruses and the rock and roll style of solo:

Yea I miss those crazy solos. 

39 minutes ago, gdmibra said:

I second this 

59 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Green 👏 Day 👏 Doesn’t 👏 Do 👏 Collaborations

(don’t reply with “Lady Cobra”)

Nightlife The Saints Are Coming

10 minutes ago, Asik said:

The saints are coming

Ah that’s right I refuse to listen to U2 so I like to forget that song 

Eating an orange right now, that must mean "Orange Summer" is definitely on the album.

What spot does everyone think this album will land on your personal ranking of Green Day albums?  Will you be okay if this one isn't in your top 3, 6 or 10? 

I love all their albums, but I'm hoping that it at least better than some previous albums. If this one lands my #12 spot even, I would be happy.

Really starting to wonder about the Billie Eilish thing. That Dookified cover has been reported in way more places than this stuff normally is. I'm not even that much of a fan of the cover either. It's as if these outlets know something

2 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Really starting to wonder about the Billie Eilish thing. That Dookified cover has been reported in way more places than this stuff normally is. I'm not even that much of a fan of the cover either. It's as if these outlets know something

No

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

Miranda Lambert on their latest release 

48 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Eating an orange right now, that must mean "Orange Summer" is definitely on the album.

What spot does everyone think this album will land on your personal ranking of Green Day albums?  Will you be okay if this one isn't in your top 3, 6 or 10? 

I love all their albums, but I'm hoping that it at least better than some previous albums. If this one lands my #12 spot even, I would be happy.

I thought RevRad was really good, but more in a solid way than mindblowing. I enjoyed it a lot but at the same time, I feel like Green Day are capable of more. So I'm hoping this new album could be a bit more ambitious (while not falling short) and I'd be satisfied. I don't expect them to top their older albums, but I want more than "average" okay music.

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

Entire album with Norah Jones.

9 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Entire album with Norah Jones.

To be fair that was just Billie Joe, and on his own he’s collaborated quite a bit with people. Technically you could say the Miranda Lambert thing was just Billie too since he was the only one in the studio with her.  Green Day has done it less often but they’ve still done it and they don’t seem to be against doing it for any reason at present. I think they would if it was with someone they respect and they had a good creative impulse. 

11 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Edit: I don't know if everyone saw my post on Random Green Day News, Kerrang posted a video of how Billie Eilish's "Bad Guy" would sound if it was by Green Day. I hope it's just coincidence and not a hint at something.

Lol this has to just be a coincidence. 

Some one at Kerrang said, "let's just mash up longview, holiday, hitchin a ride, jaded, and have dude sing Eilish lyrics over it - and then we'll call it content!

Wasn't Rodeo Queens a collaboration with Jesse Malin? What about being Iggy Pop's backing band for those two songs?

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

An entire album with the cast of the American Idiot Musical? Iggy Pop? Jesse Malin? U2? There's plenty of examples of them doing collaborations as a whole band.

Going to defend the "no colaborations" comment.  On Green Day studio albums, they generally do not.  

The three guys individually - oh gosh.  They have worked with dozens if not hundreds of musicians.  But the unit Green Day, very few team ups.  

Why would there ever be a Billie Eilish collaboration? Because her name is Billie? 

A collaboration with miranda lambert, lady cobra and a side project with norah jones is not the same as collaborating with a rapper/ACTUALpopstar to make a comeback, to stay relevant, or to sell more records than you deserve to. There’s something called musical integrity that peers amongst GD do not have and completely shit all over. 

13 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

Why would there ever be a Billie Eilish collaboration? Because her name is Billie? 

A collaboration with miranda lambert, lady cobra and a side project with norah jones is not the same as collaborating with a rapper/ACTUALpopstar to make a comeback, to stay relevant, or to sell more records than you deserve to. There’s something called musical integrity that peers amongst GD do not have and completely shit all over. 

Oh your one to talk about integrity Mr "im definitely an insider"

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Oh your one to talk about integrity Mr "im definitely an insider"

Yeah cuz it’s me, Mark Hoppus 

2 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Miranda Lambert on their latest release 

Well, technically that was just Billie.

Either way it sucked. :P

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived