Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

8 hours ago, jetsrule128 said:

So the only hint from the 2 hour jeff matika podcast today. Was that Jeff's old band member messaged him if he wants to do a show. But jeff did not want to commit because he doesn't know what he's doing 4 months from now.  

I think he really doesn’t know. It looks like they’re just starting to work on promotion, and 4 months from now there’s a very good chance the album won’t have been released yet. But he has to be on standby for any appearances/promotions. So it makes sense.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion .

i would rather wait and get an album that GD are fully happy with then just get some new material for the sake of new material !

2 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Unpopular opinion .

i would rather wait and get an album that GD are fully happy with then just get some new martial for the sake of new material !

No, that's not unpopular. 

40 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

No, that's not unpopular. 

For some in this thread it clearly is.

I guess I’m picky, but I want it to be different, but not lazy Fallout Boy style pop rock. So, in other words: different, but not shit :lol:

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

I guess I’m picky, but I want it to be different, but not lazy Fallout Boy style pop rock. So, in other words: different, but not shit :lol:

I’d probably want them to go the route of a more mature classic rock style album. No politics this time hopefully  

19 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

What direction is everyone wanting them to go in with this? More heavy? More experimental? 

All I want is another Insomniac, and I'm really hoping that the Coverups' selection of classic punk songs indicates an influence pointing in that direction.

27 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

What direction is everyone wanting them to go in with this? More heavy? More experimental? 

Maximum Green Day.  

I'm really not sure what I want from them. A mature, alternative rock album. A dark, heavy rock album. A progressive rock, experimental album. There's so many different avenues they could try.

In my 20 + years of being a Green Day fan this is EASILY the most impatient ive seen fans get waiting for a new album lol. I bet the guys are eating this shit up.

1 minute ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

In my 20 + years of being a Green Day fan this is EASILY the most impatient ive seen fans get waiting for a new album lol. I bet the guys are eating this shit up.

😄 I hope they’re flattered 💚

At this point, there's no reason to believe that we will get anything like Insomniac again. But my hope is that Billie found a way to channel that same anger into something that's important to his 47 year old self.

A song about paying taxes and not understanding them would be good

I'd love for a full album with a classic rock style feel. They pulled it off extremely well on Somewhere Now and on parts of Forever Now I would love an entire album with that same vibe. Very reminiscent of The Who.

35 minutes ago, nobodylikeswarning said:

A song about paying taxes and not understanding them would be good

Already been done by The Beatles back in 1966, Taxman

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Exactly. I will listen to anything as long as it does not suck. And I want them to go all out and not half-ass it. If they're going the synth way, I want proper techno remixes or 10 minutes of chill out electronica in the dark instead of KFAD, but not mediocre Green Day with a few synth sounds as in "hi fellow kids we're trying to sound modern".

3 years ago GD announced Bang Bang and it started the rev rad era... Man I really want that they announce/release something soon! 

2 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

3 years ago GD announced Bang Bang and it started the rev rad era... Man I really want that they announce/release something soon! 

And tomorrow is August 1st!!!

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I thought it was July 32... 

giphy.gif

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived