Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, if I'm talking to someone who isn't big on GD and I'm telling them the name of their new album, I would feel much less embarrassed and cringy saying Pray for Peace than I would saying Songs for Assholes or Revolution Radio.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Depending on how the cover looks, it could be really ironic or clever and witty, if it was well enough done that could completely change the vibe.

A kid in a warzone, basically blown to bits as he has his hands folded in prayer.   Disturbing. 

Hi guys, I was the one who made up the title "Pray For Peace" and you guys are falling for it 😂😂

2 hours ago, jengd said:

It's one thing to call a live album which would never expect the sales (even in 2009/10) something like that, but I can't believe they would call a main album that, though I agree with @DookieLukie.  Having said that, who else has called an album anything like Dookie?  Not believing anything til it's properly confirmed.

@pacejunkie punk did you think the first bit of Scott Nagelberg's IG which said "hype beasts unit" almost looked like CBGB's?  It isn't but I wonder where it is.

I don't know where it is but in the second pic he's at Union Square Cafe which is near Irving Plaza area.

9 minutes ago, Phipsi said:

Hi guys, I was the one who made up the title "Pray For Peace" and you guys are falling for it 😂😂

Eqshks2.gif

19 minutes ago, Phipsi said:

🖕

52 minutes ago, Phipsi said:

No I was you fuck

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

No I was you fuck

No!! I'm Twatacus !!!

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Maybe "Pray For Peace" isn't made up.

Go on...

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Please no.

7 minutes ago, Matt. said:

A song title maybe? 🤔

23 minutes ago, Matt. said:

It better be 🤮

32 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I guess we're gonna have to get used to it just incase 

1 hour ago, Matt. said:

You need to start indicating on your posts whether what you're saying is real info or just you speculating.

20 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

You need to start indicating on your posts whether what you're saying is real info or just you speculating.

fake-news-1.jpg

4 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Honestly if they do want to become more low-scale and indie I can see an album entitled Songs For Assholes being a great way into that, it hits the old trope of "punk band with music we can't even talk about" while being perfectly fitting to their old image of the snotty punk brats, distancing themselves from the media's impression of them post-AI as stadium-oriented with big songs and big ideas.

Pray For Peace, however, is dreadful.

I agree with you about Songs For Assholes. It would bring GD back to when  the medias didn't care much about them. I'm under the impression for the last year and a half that the band, but mostly Billie, would like to do only concerts in small venues now.

In the case of Pray For Peace, if the album was more like AI, it would work. Billie thinks we're living in «troubled times». Peace is like a person who is dying, so we need to pray for it. But I don't think GD would do another entire album about politics anyway.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hate when people call Green Day and emo band.

GD is not an emo band, we can agree on that. But AI became big at the same time emo bands rise in popularity. Many of those bands mentionned GD as a major influence. Also, the way Billie dressed up during the AI era influenced the way emo guys dressed up. It's like GD flirted with the idea of what is emo, but never went for it. So GD isn't emo, but the band had an impact on the emo culture. Emo is a subculture of punk.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I honestly don't even know what an "emo band" sounds like but GD definitely aren't.

The perfect example of a emo band is My Chemical Romance: punk sound with emotional lyrics played by band members all dressed in black skinny jeans and black eyeliner.

Back on the subject. I still don't expect anything. Billie has been quiet on Instagram for a few days now. We are not going to get anything new any time soon.

2 hours ago, Matt. said:

For the love of god no

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived