Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

3 minutes ago, uptightt said:

I'm totally trusting user phipsi1996 with 16 followers about the album title.. 

There was someone on here also claiming that as the title per “sources”, but it might be the same person.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yes I'm sure Jeff tweeting "Oh fuck" is a MAJOR clue for the new album. And if that wasn't enough, a fan tweeted some random hashtags?? Well, that MUST confirm EVERYTHING. The album's gonna feature the song "Oh Fuck" as the lead single OBVIOUSLY, the successor to Fuck Time

I love you for this.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But Panic just did Pray for the Wicked and that’s why I don’t like it. Comes off as unoriginal and derivative. 

I thought of that after posting and I agree. Thankfully I don't believe it to be an album title though could be a track which is... whatever, I guess, I don't have an opinion. I really don't like either title being floated.

Just now, Wretched & Divine said:

I thought of that after posting and I agree. Thankfully I don't believe it to be an album title though could be a track which is... whatever, I guess, I don't have an opinion. I really don't like either title being floated.

Same. The whole religion theme is overdone and even GD already did it with East Jesus Nowhere. They’d even be ripping off themselves.

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But Panic just did Pray for the Wicked and that’s why I don’t like it. Comes off as unoriginal and derivative. 

And worse, it would make it seem like PATD was the edgy band! 🤮

And am totally expecting the first concrete word we get about the album to be from Jeff ……… not

Of all the assumed album titles, I definitely prefer A Love Story About Hate

Songs for Assholes would be a great return to their tongue in cheek approach from the 90s.

i dont see a problem (business wise) in calling the next album Songs For Assholes

worked before with 'awesome as fuck'

4 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

worked before with 'awesome as fuck'

Never heard the media talks about Awesome As Fuck.

It's one thing to call a live album which would never expect the sales (even in 2009/10) something like that, but I can't believe they would call a main album that, though I agree with @DookieLukie.  Having said that, who else has called an album anything like Dookie?  Not believing anything til it's properly confirmed.

@pacejunkie punk did you think the first bit of Scott Nagelberg's IG which said "hype beasts unit" almost looked like CBGB's?  It isn't but I wonder where it is.

3 minutes ago, jengd said:

@pacejunkie punk did you think the first bit of Scott Nagelberg's IG which said "hype beasts unit" almost looked like CBGB's?  It isn't but I wonder where it is.

I don’t know where that was. CBGB’s is closed.

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

It's one thing to call a live album which would never expect the sales (even in 2009/10) something like that, but I can't believe they would call a main album that, though I agree with @DookieLukie.  Having said that, who else has called an album anything like Dookie?  Not believing anything til it's properly confirmed.

Can you link his IG acct? I can't find it.

If GD names the album Pray for Peace are we all putting Nimrod in the blender? Asking for a friend... :ninja:

@Redundantuserjinxboy

3 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

If GD names the album Pray for Peace are we all putting Nimrod in the blender? Asking for a friend... :ninja:

Honestly if they do want to become more low-scale and indie I can see an album entitled Songs For Assholes being a great way into that, it hits the old trope of "punk band with music we can't even talk about" while being perfectly fitting to their old image of the snotty punk brats, distancing themselves from the media's impression of them post-AI as stadium-oriented with big songs and big ideas.

Pray For Peace, however, is dreadful.

20 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Pray For Peace, however, is dreadful.

Depending on how the cover looks, it could be really ironic or clever and witty, if it was well enough done that could completely change the vibe.

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

Depending on how the cover looks, it could be really ironic or clever and witty, if it was well enough done that could completely change the vibe.

There's a slim chance they could pull that off, but considering Billie's idea of a strong political statement these days is "we live in troubled times" I do not trust them one bit to make it not crap.

Simple Plan just posted pictures and announced they started recording a new album.

Imagine if more bands did this instead of torturing us 😂

7 minutes ago, Taylor_k2008 said:

Simple Plan just posted pictures and announced they started recording a new album.

Imagine if more bands did this instead of torturing us 😂

Yeah - I doubt the Simple Plan Community is going to have a 100+ page thread debating every tweet and IG post that the band posts.

Off topic - their Scooby Doo theme kicks all of the ass. 

I hate when Green Day is mentioned alongside the likes of these younger pop punk bands like Simple Plan and All Time Low. Green Day sounds SOO much different and has more of a classic rock vibe.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

I hate when Green Day is mentioned alongside the likes of these younger pop punk bands like Simple Plan and All Time Low. Green Day sounds SOO much different and has more of a classic rock vibe.

I hate when people call Green Day and emo band.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hate when people call Green Day and emo band.

I honestly don't even know what an "emo band" sounds like but GD definitely aren't.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived