I can’t wait for some cryptic hashtags

#SFA

#SongsForAssholes

#Assholes

#AsTheWorldTurns

#Dollywhoop

#OrangeSummer

#Bratwurst (Sorry, I had to!! LMFAO!!!)

I feel like you need to accept the fact that Songs for Assholes was the name of an Instagram account and there is no evidence that it’s the name of the album.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, neverdone2000 said:

I feel like you need to accept the fact that Songs for Assholes was the name of an Instagram account and there is no evidence that it’s the name of the album.

May not be the name of the album, but that’s been what the collection of songs they’ve written and demoed has been referred to internally.

16 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

What about Butch Walker’s response to that message, “No worries asshole, I got this!”?

18 minutes ago, Matt. said:

May not be the name of the album, but that’s been what the collection of songs they’ve written and demoed has been referred to internally.

I feel like we’ll get a ¡CUATRO! style DVD out of this.

Songs For Assholes: The Making of (Whatever the album is called)

And it comes in a hardcover book featuring photos from the SongsForAssholes IG account, which I’m sure would be made public on the album’s release day

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I feel like we’ll get a ¡CUATRO! style DVD out of this.

Songs For Assholes: The Making of (Whatever the album is called)

And it comes in a hardcover book featuring photos from the SongsForAssholes IG account, which I’m sure would be made public on the album’s release day

... or the account will just become public. Video and audio don’t work too well in a book 🙃

11 minutes ago, Matt. said:

... or the account will just become public. Video and audio don’t work too well in a book 🙃

So, is the account all videos and no photos?

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What about Butch Walker’s response to that message, “No worries asshole, I got this!”?

What about it? 

I know I definitely responded to this the first time you brought it up, but the use of the word “asshole” by him or any of the band members does not imply that word is involved with their next project. That message you’re referring to was a guy telling Butch to not screw up this album aka being an asshole. 

So that’s it, it was a normal response to an asshole question. Nothing more than that

why the fucking hell did billie joe change the lyrics from sex drugs and violence for the final version? I mean "too young to die" and "too dumb to die".. it its much better in demo version where he uses too dumb to die after the bridge... i guess he had a stroke or something.. i hope he doesnt do that with the new record

18 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

why the fucking hell did billie joe change the lyrics from sex drugs and violence for the final version? I mean "too young to die" and "too dumb to die".. it its much better in demo version where he uses too dumb to die after the bridge... i guess he had a stroke or something.. i hope he doesnt do that with the new record

Sex drugs and Violence won’t be on the new record 😆

31 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Sex drugs and Violence won’t be on the new record 😆

i just meant that he does shit like this with new songs.. change it to worse!!!!! ALSO MISSING YOU WAS SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE MORE PROMINENT LEAD GUITAR!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!!!

6 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

i just meant that he does shit like this with new songs.. change it to worse!!!!! ALSO MISSING YOU WAS SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE MORE PROMINENT LEAD GUITAR!!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!!!

Welcome to the Paradise. Enjoy your stay, stay the night with Dirty rotten Bastards. 

@matt do you have any more juicy bits of news? 

Its just all this anticipation is killing the excitement for nee music. When can we expect something ?

4 hours ago, Matt. said:

When you say written and demoed, does that mean that when they started properly recording the album, there were no more posts? Or is that just what you've been told?

Is the SFA account primarily made of posts from the demo period?

4 hours ago, Matt. said:

Can’t wait for this to be a great album that gets ignored because they couldn’t think of a better title than Songs For Assholes

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

Listen to the 21 Century Breakdown demo and get back to me :P

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Can’t wait for this to be a great album that gets ignored because they couldn’t think of a better title than Songs For Assholes

The most unlikely part of this is "great album" ;)

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Listen to the 21 Century Breakdown demo and get back to me :P

the same shit there! ;) for example the way he sings

I'm taking a loan on my sanityyyyy
For the redemption of my soul
Well I am exempt from this tragedy
And this 21st Century fall

Just now, Austrian_Insomniac said:

sooo much better

Just now, Austrian_Insomniac said:

sooo much better

Yeah, he threw away the good lyrics and the piano.

Demolicious is another case in point.

But that gives us hope that at least the stuff on SFA IG will be worth a listen. I'll skip the album and wait for the demos.

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

sooo much better

The intro riff to Amanda being omitted still pisses me off to this day.

It would be fun if there is another hint today.
''Hey guys we just opened the Songs For Assholes account on IG. Enjoy!''

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

So, is the account all videos and no photos?

That is not what I said.

4 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

When you say written and demoed, does that mean that when they started properly recording the album, there were no more posts?

The name came about before recording. So, when it came time to record in February, they had that name and used it for the account and started posting.

4 hours ago, Joe. said:

This is exactly my thought as well. Mainstream outlets are going to be scared/unwilling to mention it due to the name.

Well, it's quite obvious that SFA has been the working title, but that doesn't mean it's what they'll name the album. Hopefully, anyway.

They could call it something like Songs for Grassholes to get around that issue!

Just now, Ross_19 said:

They could call it something like Songs for Grassholes to get around that issue!

Well it's wayyyy worst then Songs For Assholes 😂

19 minutes ago, Matt. said:

This is exactly my thought as well. Mainstream outlets are going to be scared/unwilling to mention it due to the name.

Unless the title ends up being something else. Or are you just referring to the name of the IG?

Why am I more excited right now at the thought of the IG account going public than I am over the announcement of a new single?  Maybe because I’ve been watching that post count go up for almost eight months and I really want to see those posts! I hope you’re right and they make it public when the album comes out.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived