Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Why does that mean we’ll get something soon?

When I mentioned that, I had known it for a couple months, likely before something like a music video was being filmed. I just know it was being prepared for usage in promo.

Do you have any new info for us?

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, steve46 said:

Do you have any new info for us?

I’m sure he does, but he’s probably not allowed to say. When he mentioned they’re using the RevRad car again, he said, “But I’ll just leave you here this little nugget”.

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure he does, but he’s probably not allowed to say. When he mentioned they’re using the RevRad car again, he said, “But I’ll just leave you here this little nugget”.

This. I'm positive @Matt. knows more than he's allowed to share. Which is fine, because it means we've all but confirmed something is going on. We don't know what it is or when it is coming, but at least there is something going on. 

10 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Why does that mean we’ll get something soon?

When I mentioned that, I had known it for a couple months, likely before something like a music video was being filmed. I just know it was being prepared for usage in promo.

This is exciting, looking forward to see how it will be used :) 

I'm still confident about an August announcement.

1 minute ago, J a c said:

This is exciting, looking forward to see how it will be used :) 

Me too. Because I was really sad that this was not more used in RR era.

8 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm banking on a Febtober announcement

Febtober?

8 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm banking on a Febtober announcement

Febtober 32nd. Book it.

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Febtober 32nd. Book it.

....GDfan2019 is currently looking this date up on their calendar...

Jk bud 😁

3 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

....GDfan2019 is currently looking this date up on their calendar...

Jk bud 😁

Haha, but seriously I think we’ll definitely have an announcement in August, if not before.

I just wish I knew how much longer we were gonna have to wait for a single or something 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just wish I knew how much longer we were gonna have to wait for a single or something 

Same.  I feel like an announcement must be coming pretty soon (a couple weeks at most) after the official Green Day Instagram went private and posted "the image" along with the guys.  That account hadn't been updated since the Woodstock '94 vinyl came out.

Green Day Facebook page haven't posted anything since April 2nd (LOTAG book).
Maybe I'm mistaken, but Facebook isn't suppose to be more popular than IG?

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

AFAIK, Instagram is the current "cool" social media at least for younger audiences.  The guys/Billie especially seem to have a heavy preference for it as well.  I'm sure something will get posted on the Green Day Facebook page when the announcement actually happens, but all the teasing will happen on Instagram.  Just my theory.

August announcement, September single would make sense. Still not sure why the fuck they'd release the album after Christmas though.

Going to pull out the ole' "Wait between Green day albums" file again....

This is always a difficult time in a Green Day fans life.  It's excruciating!  

But at the very worst, it appears we won't have an Idiot-Breakdown length gap.  That would put this album out on June 4th, 2021.  That's one year and 10 months away, which doesn't really sound that bad now I think about it.   And a single or two would be out before the album, so....

What else?  As of Today we're at 2 years, 9 months out from Revolution Radio and the last single was 2 years, 2 months ago.  

This one hurt to see a little bit.  I've got a section that shows the length of time from album release to last single, and when it gets to Uno and Dos, there is NOTHING.  :(

57 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Facebook has been in crisis for quiete a long time now, there’s a lot of people leaving the platform, and even more drastically reducing the time they spend on there (this is a trend worldwide, and across different ages). It changes depending if you are talking about a 15, 25, or 40 years old, but in general it would not be a stupid move from their management to invest most of their energy in increasing those 2,5 millions followers on Instagram (they have 30m on Facebook).  One of many articles on the topic if you are interested: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/6/18253274/facebook-users-decline-15-million-people-united-states-privacy-scandals

4 minutes ago, J a c said:

Facebook has been in crisis for quiete a long time now, there’s a lot of people leaving the platform, and even more drastically reducing the time they spend on there (this is a trend worldwide, and across different ages). It changes depending if you are talking about a 15, 25, or 40 years old, but in general it would not be a stupid move from their management to invest most of their energy in increasing those 2,5 millions followers on Instagram (they have 30m on Facebook).  One of many articles on the topic if you are interested: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/6/18253274/facebook-users-decline-15-million-people-united-states-privacy-scandals

But doesn’t Facebook own Instagram?  They’re still effectively the only social media platform around where are they supposed to put their energy? Twitter is a mess. Great for one liners but hard to really connect with people that way and share content. I know you can but i hate trying to follow stuff on there.

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But doesn’t Facebook own Instagram?  They’re still effectively the only social media platform around where are they supposed to put their energy? Twitter is a mess. Great for one liners but hard to really connect with people that way and share content. I know you can but i hate trying to follow stuff on there.

Facebook does indeed own Instagram. 

So everything suggests that we won't have anything until September? Uhmmm

10 minutes ago, John.reject23 said:

So everything suggests that we won't have anything until September? Uhmmm

Why would they start this thing with instagram now, if they are not gonna give us something for the next couple of months?

Well this is as random as anyone else’s thinking so I’m going with it.  

I was away on holiday when they announced the Trilogy, I was away on holiday when they announced Revrad and away again when it was released and I was away when they released GFB.  Next holiday starts Friday 6th September.

You heard it here first 😂😂😂

I think it's still a strong possibly we get an August single. The Fall release of the album rumor is still valid. But at least we will get something in the Fall.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived