Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

They said they passed on doing anything for Dookie. The next anniversary is American Idiot. They may decide to do that if anything instead or even as a warm up to the new tour.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont see much happening in the way of looking back...pretty sure the focus is gonna be about moving forward

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They said they passed on doing anything for Dookie. The next anniversary is American Idiot. They may decide to do that if anything instead or even as a warm up to the new tour.

I agree, I was just talking about what would be possible with Dookie at all. I know, that it will not happen.

9 hours ago, Zebahar said:

If there is a new Green Day album/song released tomorrow, I will blend my copy of UNO and drink it. (It’s the best I can do. I don’t have a copy of Nimrod and UNO was the first Green Day album I bought)

Don't have a copy of Nimrod??  Get outta here!!!! Lol

Seriously though, the artwork and liner noters are great.  

Please don't harm Uno either though, it doesn't deserve it.

About to be singing "July has come and past / The fake leaks can never blast / wake me up when this albums here.

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We got all of Dookie at Reading back in '13. That's enough to be honest. So many other songs I'd want them to play instead of Dookie. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album and it's what got me into Green Day in the first place but if anything I'd rather them do all new music or tour with songs that are never really played.

3 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

We got all of Dookie at Reading back in '13. That's enough to be honest. So many other songs I'd want them to play instead of Dookie. Don't get me wrong, it's a great album and it's what got me into Green Day in the first place but if anything I'd rather them do all new music or tour with songs that are never really played.

There are so many songs of Shenanigans, Warning and Nimrod i would love to hear live!

Remember when they put up rehearsal setlists of all the old albums in order?

I wonder what their plan was there, I don't recall it actually leading to anything at all.

It looked like a hint at an old albums tour and then...nothing happened.

I remember that at the time I was saying I'd rather see new music good enough to make us forget the nostalgia for the old albums, but fuck that. That's not gonna happen. Embracing it and playing the old stuff would be actually cool.

You know, after watching some Coverups footage from Saturday, I gotta be honest when I say that I sure as hell don't understand why Green Day aren't wanting to put out new music.

Billie somehow manages to look and sound wonderful, even approaching 50. And the same goes for the other members of the band, including Kevin. You'd think they'd be aware of how lucky they are to have a chance to stay relevant going into their 13th album and 30th year, and want to put it out quick while they can.

Maybe they are concerned with their writing quality? I honestly don't get it. If I was approaching 50, and still had the chops the deliver great performances and still looked attractive enough to appeal to young people, I'd put out an album every damn year.

12 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

You know, after watching some Coverups footage from Saturday, I gotta be honest when I say that I sure as hell don't understand why Green Day aren't wanting to put out new music.

Billie somehow manages to look and sound wonderful, even approaching 50. And the same goes for the other members of the band, including Kevin. You'd think they'd be aware of how lucky they are to have a chance to stay relevant going into their 13th album and 30th year, and want to put it out quick while they can.

Maybe they are concerned with their writing quality? I honestly don't get it. If I was approaching 50, and still had the chops the deliver great performances and still looked attractive enough to appeal to young people, I'd put out an album every damn year.

Could be why he mentioned to that fan at the longshot show last month that they are planning to leave Reprise/Warner after this album. 

But on that note, if they've been on single album deals since 2009, why wouldn't they just release this new album independently? Why wait? Was a new deal already signed after RevRad cycle ended? 

19 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Could be why he mentioned to that fan at the longshot show last month that they are planning to leave Reprise/Warner after this album. 

But on that note, if they've been on single album deals since 2009, why wouldn't they just release this new album independently? Why wait? Was a new deal already signed after RevRad cycle ended? 

If he said this album concludes their contract with Warners, then that puts the single album contract deal rumor in doubt. I’m not sure if that was ever substantiated anywhere. 

I tend to think this indicates new music. Maybe the bull is a sign that they're "grabbing the bull by the horns." Or, maybe Billie's lost his mind and is writing an album about a punk rock bull.

This is all good for them. The picture of the water buffalo/bull could mean absolutely nothing. The point is that we're talking about it. That's exactly what they wanted.

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If he said this album concludes their contract with Warners, then that puts the single album contract deal rumor in doubt. I’m not sure if that was ever substantiated anywhere. 

I'm going to go back 30 pages to find that conversation, but I don't remember anything being said about "concluding their contract", just that he wanted to leave warner after this album.

Other members here have said they've been on 1-album deals since 2009.

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I'm going to go back 30 pages to find that conversation, but I don't remember anything being said about "concluding their contract", just that he wanted to leave warner after this album.

Other members here have said they've been on 1-album deals since 2009.

It said that this was their last album under their contract and after that they can start to release music more frequently. Now maybe he was being imprecise and was just implying that they were now ready to move on but it’s unclear.

I don't understand why would Warner limit them in releasing music. Wouldn't they make more money?

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don't understand why would Warner limit them in releasing music. Wouldn't they make more money?

I don’t get that either. Artists today are constantly making new music and releasing it.

pink is still touring on her beautiful trauma album and is releasing new stuff (a whole album). 

I’m soo far behind on this but why did green day change from Pat who has been with them for a very long time to crush ?

10 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well they don’t make as much off them as they do their pop and hip hop artists.

3 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I don’t get that either. Artists today are constantly making new music and releasing it.

pink is still touring on her beautiful trauma album and is releasing new stuff (a whole album). 

Exactly. Moreover, disappearing from the face of the earth and only coming back from the dead once in a couple years isn't the best for business either I guess.

1 minute ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

I’m soo far behind on this but why did green day change from Pat who has been with them for a very long time to crush ?

You’ll hear lots of theories but no official reason was ever stated by either party.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Well they don’t make as much off them as they do their pop and hip hop artists.

Yes, but as long as they're not losing money it shouldn't be a reason to not put out their music.

16 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They don't wanna any extra competition for the artists they're really tryna make money off of right now

27 minutes ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

Nothing has been confirmed, but it’s thought that the incident that happened on the last tour was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

38 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Albums and music are investments from labels. It would require them to promote, distribute, and market each thing to some degree. Which means paying people or platforms to do so. If the ends don’t justify the means they would rather use that money on other artists or wait until they are ready to push a full product that they feel confidant on. It’s all about money. Also, if Green Day is on a contract that is dictated by the number of albums, they don’t want to have them fulfill the contract with one off EPs/singles/albums. They want to squeeze all the profit they can out of the contract. I’m sure Green Day is a safe bet with most of their music, but someone behind a desk somewhere has to calculate potential sales and determine if/when is the right time to release music.

Unless, of course, I’m wrong.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived