Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

sometimes a picture is just a picture no clues nada 

So they all post a pic of a bull, including the GD account,with all 3 guys, and that means nothing?

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

So they all post a pic of a bull, including the GD account,with all 3 guys, and that means nothing?

it definitely means something. Just not the thing we thought.

Maybe they were just giving us confirmation that they are indeed working with Butch. I guess bull's head is a pretty distinctive feature in a recording studio.

1 minute ago, kripack said:

it definitely means something. Just not the thing we thought.

Agreed, I’m just responding to people who are saying it doesn’t mean anything. The obvious conclusion was something at Golden Bull so now I have no idea. But it is something. 

41 minutes ago, steve46 said:

edit: Are all instagram accounts now public again?

Yes. They were all back public Friday night (us time). 

1 hour ago, Sarcasm said:

just re-release Warning 

No need, it's just been officially confirmed there's already another Kinks album in the works.

I think given the timing of the pictures posted to insta that it’s just them having fun with the kerrang rumor, but at the same time actual news may not be that far away.

30 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Could just be fucking with us 

53 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

I think given the timing of the pictures posted to insta that it’s just them having fun with the kerrang rumor, but at the same time actual news may not be that far away.

I feel like we have made a much bigger deal about the Kerrang thing than it really is. I mean, if you go back a bunch of pages, didn’t Matt mention that “something” was planned for the 19th based on his source. There was a coordinated Instagram post, that may have been all they were planning to do.

i could be completely wrong, but it does seem wild that there were any significant changes to a large promotion plan based on what happened with Kerrang. 

7 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I feel like we have made a much bigger deal about the Kerrang thing than it really is. I mean, if you go back a bunch of pages, didn’t Matt mention that “something” was planned for the 19th based on his source. There was a coordinated Instagram post, that may have been all they were planning to do.

i could be completely wrong, but it does seem wild that there were any significant changes to a large promotion plan based on what happened with Kerrang. 

I may be wrong but I don’t remember Matt ever giving a specific date for anything. 

How much of a donation would grant me total immunity in the forum? Lol, I have sooooo many possible tracklists for Green Days 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th album! 

Anyway.  The guys have gotten where they take lessons and try to improve their sound, and you could really hear it on their later work.  I hope they keep doing that.  Because with instruments, there really is no one that is a master.  You can play guitar 100 years and not know all there is to know.  And I'm sure other instruments are the same way. 

Vocal lessons. Guitar lessons.  Drum lesson. Farfifsa lessons, you get the point.  

Maximum Green Day. 

Maybe some Pink Floyd influence this time around.

Guest appearance by Pete Townsend would be cool.

I think those Instagram posts had a double scope, to give us a not so subtle final confirmation (if it was even necessary) that they recorded something with Butch, and to troll us a bit in light of all the Kerrang! hype. 

I also think that they took advantage of the 19th rumors and chose that date because they (or the management) knew about all the noise around that date. I find this more plausible then a sudden change of plan due to the Kerrang! radio caos. 

I think the most significant aspect of the bull post to me is the picture of BJA holding that specific guitar. If you look at Butch Walkers IG post from March 27th of him filming the recording studio saying "making records is fun" you see that exact guitar in the first few seconds of the video. With seeing that guitar being held by BJA and Butch Walkers IG post from March basically confirms: 

1. Butch Walker is indeed the producer for this album.

2. Since his post was from March, this album is finished being recorded.

3. It can be any day now we get an announcement of a single/new album. 🤘

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

I think that was supposed to be the initial announcement but after the beans were spilled back on the 9th they pushed it back in order to avoid exposing the surprise 

1 hour ago, pfp said:

I think that was supposed to be the initial announcement but after the beans were spilled back on the 9th they pushed it back in order to avoid exposing the surprise 

Unless I’m missing something, this doesn’t make sense. Pushed what back?

I think this will be a long, strange and FUN album rollout, folks! Honestly they can take their time just good to have all three of them active together again. 

8 hours ago, Lapin said:

okay... besides this all 88 pages iv been reading, i really love this guys😀 

I initially loved this as an album cover, but then it reminded me of Hurley by Weezer and I suddenly didn't like it as much.  Hahaha.

Now, I don't mind Hurley, but it was one of the laziest album covers of all time.   

While I'm exasperated by this whole situation with Green Day, I know that it will be worth the wait.  

One day (barring my accidental, early death), I will rushing to the nearest store that still sells CDS (I'm guessing Barnes and Noble at this point, I don't wanna live in the modern world!)    and leave their parking lot hearing brand new freaking Green Day songs.   

Oh man, that day cannot come soon enough.   I am currently listening to another color-named band.   Listening to The Final Cut by Pink Floyd, which seems to be one of their better albums.  

But I'm drinking green smirnoff, always back to Green, my favorite color.  

24 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I initially loved this as an album cover, but then it reminded me of Hurley by Weezer and I suddenly didn't like it as much.  Hahaha.

Now, I don't mind Hurley, but it was one of the laziest album covers of all time.   

While I'm exasperated by this whole situation with Green Day, I know that it will be worth the wait.  

One day (barring my accidental, early death), I will rushing to the nearest store that still sells CDS (I'm guessing Barnes and Noble at this point, I don't wanna live in the modern world!)    and leave their parking lot hearing brand new freaking Green Day songs.   

Oh man, that day cannot come soon enough.   I am currently listening to another color-named band.   Listening to The Final Cut by Pink Floyd, which seems to be one of their better albums.  

But I'm drinking green smirnoff, always back to Green, my favorite color.  

Green is my favorite color too! #greengang

New Butch Walker IG story. He's filming. Is that a video clip ? Anybody recognize someone on the set ?? I'm not able to put the story in my post. 

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

New Butch Walker IG story. He's filming. Is that a video clip ? Anybody recognize someone on the set ?? I'm not able to put the story in my post. 

Tried to work out who the gals were but couldn't.  

I thought someone would say something about his insta though.🤣

Would he be the one doing a music video though?

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived