Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

18 minutes ago, J a c said:

But this is a very different thing then turning down a website or social media, they kept the profiles open and visible for the fan base, posted pictures simultaneously in three different profiles, and then did the same with the band account after a few hours, which necessarily require to turn the band page into a personal profile. After less then 24 hours everything is back normal, and essentially nothing happened. The only plausible explanation is some sort of test IMHO. 

Or the second thing I said, which is that it was just a weird way to draw attention.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J a c said:

The only plausible explanation is some sort of test IMHO. 

And what sort of test would that be? If you say it’s the only plausible explanation, you need to be more specific.

10 minutes ago, Matt. said:

And what sort of test would that be? If you say it’s the only plausible explanation, you need to be more specific.

The “only plausible explanation” is a bit of a stretch, my bad. What I meant is that maybe they wanted to test the user reaction after the profiles went private, check how many people send a follow request, or something like that. Still a bit weird, but to me it makes less sense that it was just a mistake (repeated for four accounts) or a random way to get attention. 

Just now, Morse Code Guy said:

Now, where are the Nimrod eaters? :eyebrows:

Dead, because eating a CD is a bad idea.

6 minutes ago, J a c said:

The “only plausible explanation” is a bit of a stretch, my bad. What I meant is that maybe they wanted to test the user reaction after the profiles went private, check how many people send a follow request, or something like that. Still a bit weird, but to me it makes less sense that it was just a mistake (repeated four times) or a random way to get attention. 

If it was to get attention it didn’t work that well because the posts don’t have a high number of likes. So they may have decided to abandon that idea and come up with something else. Personally I think the problem is that the first pic is of a bull, which means nothing to people and didn’t spark interest.

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

If it was to get attention it didn’t work that well because the posts don’t have a high number of likes. So they may have decided to abandon that idea and come up with something else. Personally I think the problem is that the first pic is of a bull, which means nothing to people and didn’t spark interest.

Didn’t spark interest? I’d argue the opposite. A bull head from the wall of Butch Walker’s studio being the main photo of Billie, Mike, Trè, and Green Day’s posts did draw attention. Look at the 30+ pages that were generated here and a couple articles on the web. Not bad for a set of obscure Instagram posts on a Friday afternoon in 2019 by mid-40s dudes in a punk rock band.

We're back to trying to decipher wtf their horrid marketing attempts even mean :lol: My favorite part of album cycle 

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It’s possible, to me it would be particularly weird because making the profile private does not really have an impact on your existing followers, which are those supposed to like the picture in 24 hours. I just hope they are not in the hands of someone making blind attempts like this and that there’s an actual strategy behind it:D 

30 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Didn’t spark interest? I’d argue the opposite. A bull head from the wall of Butch Walker’s studio being the main photo of Billie, Mike, Trè, and Green Day’s posts did draw attention. Look at the 30+ pages that were generated here and a couple articles on the web. Not bad for a set of obscure Instagram posts on a Friday afternoon in 2019 by mid-40s dudes in a punk rock band.

We’re a small group in the scheme of things. If their only goal is to get our attention, which I’m sure it isn’t, this album will not do well. The couple articles on the web don’t cut it either. I’m not being negative as I’m sure they’ve got a lot of things up their sleeves. Just saying that hopefully those things will do more to draw the attention of more than just hard core GD fans. 

BUT it’s very possible that these posts were only geared toward hard core fans because it’s strictly to let people know about their appearance tonight and the Golden Bull is small. As I said they may not be about new music....yet

And maybe that’s the explanation as to why they went private just for this announcement. I keep editing this post because one thought leads to the next and then it kind of makes sense 😂

22 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

BUT it’s very possible that these tweets were only geared toward hard core fans because it’s strictly to let people know about their appearance tonight and the Golden Bull is small. As I said they may not be about new music....yet

And maybe that’s the explanation as to why they went private just for this announcement. I keep editing this post because one thought leads to the next and then it kind of makes sense 😂

I get your point :D But then why turn public again after a bunch of hours, letting everyone see the post anyway, and why they posted it in the GD page, bothering to do the whole private thing there as well? Ah, I’m probably just reading far too much into this 😂

Honestly I’m a little worried should they make any kind of announcement of an appearance tonight. I was at the Golden Bull last night and the place is seriously small.  It looked much bigger in the videos of the Longshot shows but really the stage and performance area behind the bar is barely bigger than 1234Go! Records.  

Already Prima Donna and Dead Sound are enough to fill the place. With rumors of a surprise Green Day show the place is going to be uncomfortably full from the bar back to the door.  With any kind of actual announcement whatsoever I don’t want to imagine the chaos. I hope they don’t drop any more hints and either they play or they don’t.

Brittany shared a pic of the bull in her latest story yesterday and said, “Weird shit is happening!”

Just now, pouty bitch said:

I just wasted 3hrs of my day catching up on this thread 😂

That's how I like to spend my mornings :woot:

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Honestly I’m a little worried should they make any kind of announcement of an appearance tonight. I was at the Golden Bull last night and the place is seriously small.  It looked much bigger in the videos of the Longshot shows but really the stage and performance area behind the bar is barely bigger than 1234Go! Records.  

Already Prima Donna and Dead Sound are enough to fill the place. With rumors of a surprise Green Day show the place is going to be uncomfortably full from the bar back to the door.  With any kind of actual announcement whatsoever I don’t want to imagine the chaos. I hope they don’t drop any more hints and either they play or they don’t.

I know what you mean but it’ll only be full to capacity so there’s no need to panic too much :) 

9 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I know what you mean but it’ll only be full to capacity so there’s no need to panic too much :) 

There will be more than that lining up just hoping to get inside and a whole different level of pushing and shoving from a crowd expecting Green Day.

Anyway, one thing we can at least confirm now without a doubt for the few skeptics that were left is that they definitely recorded an album with Butch Walker. For those who would take only the bands’ word for it there you go. 

With the new photos from Butch’s studio yesterday, I’m surprised they didn’t use the hashtag #SongsForAssholes

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

With the new photos from Butch’s studio yesterday, I’m surprised they didn’t use the hashtag #SongsForAssholes

Maybe because that is just the name of the Instagram profile, all the 4chan leaks are fake, and the album is actually called a Waldo story about hate? #Waldotheory

1 hour ago, J a c said:

Maybe because that is just the name of the Instagram profile, all the 4chan leaks are fake, and the album is actually called a Waldo story about hate? #Waldotheory

What is this about Waldo? I am totally going to make a track list and not post it, I feel like I'm about to get a warning about those posts....

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What is this about Waldo? I am totally going to make a track list and not post it, I feel like I'm about to get a warning about those posts....

Just a stupid joke, definitely not worth a tracklist :D 

3 minutes ago, J a c said:

Just a stupid joke, definitely not worth a tracklist :D 

What was the joke? There is so much chaos on here I am out of the loop.

If Green Day were to make a Where's Waldo album, I'd be good with that.  The artwork would be part of it, and somewhere on the album buried deep in the mix, one of the guys would utter "waldo". 

Yeah, that would be fun.  

Just a half hour away from the CoverUps show. Who here thinks Billie will invite Mike and Tré on stage to play a new GD song?!?!? The timing of the IG posts and this show seems just right!

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Just a half hour away from the CoverUps show. Who here thinks Billie will invite Mike and Tré on stage to play a new GD song?!?!? The timing of the IG posts and this show seems just right!

No If anything happens it'll be at the golden bull, and even that is unlikely 

^ It would be a dick move to hijack The Coverups' Block Party gig with new GD music. It's more likely that they might play new music after Prima Donna play at the Golden Bull. 

On a different note, I'm looking forward to seeing what GD do next on Instagram? Some stories or a live stream, perhaps 🤔

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived