Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary of the last two threads: 

Songsforassholes, 4chan, when does summer actually begin, bratwurst, blenders, kerrang, julia vs sharon, more blenders, and now Barry manilow

On 7/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, Hermione said:

According to Kerrang new Green Day music is coming at 5pm sharp on Friday 19th July

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/new-green-day-music-is-coming-next-week

Au revoir to the old thread, let's discuss this here

Edit: Fake news. Back to anticipating 

Or is it? Please can we not use the phrase “fake news” though. Can’t believe that shit went international. You guys will know soon. Pretty sure of it.

“Peace For The Average Working Man’s Puppy Dog Crush in The Orange Summer of Bratwurst” by Green Day Ft. Barry Manilow confirmed!

10 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

The possible working title or nickname for this album session-“Songs For Assholes” is probably directed at Warner if they’re hoping to leave them after this last album. Warner is the “Assholes” they have to write “songs for” since the Trilogy only worked out to be one album in Warner’s eyes(thus leading them to make RevRad as their 12th studio album and 2nd to last in their contract). I could be wrong but I’ve been pondering this all day. 

This reminds me of the story behind The Who's album "It's Hard": If I remember correctly, Roger Daltrey later said in an interview that the record label forced them to make a new record although they didn't really want to or they wanted to move in a different direction, and the album title is a reference to that struggle. I really hope that's not the case with Green Day and Warner, but I must admit that I have been thinking about this too.

Not saying the 19th will/won’t happen, but you guys act like Green Day hasn’t fibbed in the past. 

*cough* Cigarettes and Valentines *cough*

*cough* The Network *cough*

And before someone says “But Green Day’s never lied about a release date! $@#%*!” it’s just a theory.

A Green Day Theory.

Thanks for reading.

32 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Mike has posted since then, so has Tre (via a stories over the weekend). The only one who's been "silent" is Billie (he posted wiggles on the longshot account a couple days ago). Both Mike and Tre have been spotted at public events over the last 4 days. So they are not hiding.

There is no doubt that when taking stories into account they have all 3 been much quieter than usual since the series of pics of them together.

9 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Not saying the 19th will/won’t happen, but you guys act like Green Day hasn’t fibbed in the past. 

*cough* Cigarettes and Valentines *cough*

*cough* The Network *cough*

And before someone says “But Green Day’s never lied about a release date! $@#%*!” it’s just a theory.

A Green Day Theory.

Thanks for reading.

They haven’t really lied unless you take that dude at his word and then it would be a case ONE of them MAYBE lying (to a person) and then it’s all been denials, not lies.

Like @DookieLukie I believe said, it was mixed in with some info I’ve heard from the horse’s mouth a long time ago so it’s fair to take it at its word or maybe a half truth. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would put it all on RED.

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

I just heard on our biggest radio station in Austria - that we will get an single on Friday!!!!!! here i'ts already 3 pm !!!

You’re just messing around, right? :cry::unsure:

28 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Summary of the last two threads: 

Songsforassholes, 4chan, when does summer actually begin, bratwurst, blenders, kerrang, julia vs sharon, more blenders, and now Barry manilow

This is exactly why I love these threads.

39 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Mike yesterday:

This makes me weirdly happy. I thought Mike had quit getting high?

1 minute ago, localinsomniac said:

This makes me weirdly happy. I thought Mike had quit getting high?

I'm beginning to think that Britt used it as a pain reliever during her cancer treatments. She posts about it as well.

I don't think anyone in Green Day has ever said they've stopped getting high. Never seen a quote anyway.

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

I just heard on our biggest radio station in Austria - that we will get an single on Friday!!!!!! here i'ts already 3 pm !!!

Ö3?

21 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I'm beginning to think that Britt used it as a pain reliever during her cancer treatments. She posts about it as well.

Ohhhh good call

15 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think anyone in Green Day has ever said they've stopped getting high. Never seen a quote anyway.

I guess I just assumed after Billie's rehab that he had sworn off everything. And the other boys (well maybe not Tré) had wound down their use as a show of solidarity.

40 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

They haven’t really lied unless you take that dude at his word and then it would be a case ONE of them MAYBE lying (to a person) and then it’s all been denials, not lies.

Like @DookieLukie I believe said, it was mixed in with some info I’ve heard from the horse’s mouth a long time ago so it’s fair to take it at its word or maybe a half truth. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would put it all on RED.

Ok well that's a pretty heavy hint. Hope you're right.

There's that interview from 2009, i think, of Billie with Bill Mahre talking about the different ways to smoke weed. He mentioned stopping in that, but I didn't take it seriously.

1 hour ago, LaughingClock said:

Please can we not use the phrase “fake news” though. 

this times 1 million.

Whatever happens - because someone will inevitable go "I told you all along - look at me - I'm the true INSIDER" - I'm just going to stop the future me from posting a more angrier post and just call you a asshole now :P 

37 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Ohhhh good call

I guess I just assumed after Billie's rehab that he had sworn off everything. And the other boys (well maybe not Tré) had wound down their use as a show of solidarity.

Billie drinks now. There have been pictures of him holding beer on his and the Longshot’s IG stories.

1 minute ago, TJChrobo said:

Billie drinks now. There have been pictures of him holding beer on his and the Longshot’s IG stories.

Ohhhh we know. That topic has been evaluated to death on here.

I'm sure quite a few people on here feel like drinking when they read this thread

I have it on good authority* Billie is dead now so there won't be an album, mods you can close the tread thanks.

Spoiler

(*an insider told me)

4 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

If its „Ö3“ then I highly doubt that. Two days after Bang Bang was announced I contacted them and asked them when they will play the new Green Day single in Austria for the first time. They even didn‘t know that the band released a single two days ago on that time. So „Ö3“ is not good in that. Furthermore I doubt that such a f* tiny country like Austria does have more info than other countries.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived