Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

"I prove to you that I am bad enough to get into hell, because I have been through it! I have seen it! It has happened to me! Remember: I was signed for Warner Brothers for eight fucking years!!"

Frank Zappa during his Titties 'n Beer performance in Baby Snakes (The Film)

I’m 100% ok with Green Day going Independent. Fuck the major labels, they’ve got 30+ years of musical clout they can market with for the rest of their career. More music more often without the record executives breathing on their backs telling them what they can/cannot release? Sounds like a no brainer. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

"I prove to you that I am bad enough to get into hell, because I have been through it! I have seen it! It has happened to me! Remember: I was signed for Warner Brothers for eight fucking years!!"

Frank Zappa during his Titties 'n Beer performance in Baby Snakes (The Film)

I’m 100% ok with Green Day going Independent. Fuck the major labels, they’ve got 30+ years of musical clout they can market with for the rest of their career. More music more often without the record executives breathing on their backs telling them what they can/cannot release? Sounds like a no brainer. 

Warner doesn’t tell em what they can or can’t release 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Warner doesn’t tell em what they can or can’t release 

Gotcha. But still I think getting out of the big label would work in their favor.

18 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Gotcha. But still I think getting out of the big label would work in their favor.

There are positives and negatives to this. Warner does have a large budget for marketing which helps out substantially. 

3 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Just a thought that popped in my head:

The possible working title or nickname for this album session-“Songs For Assholes” is probably directed at Warner if they’re hoping to leave them after this last album. Warner is the “Assholes” they have to write “songs for” since the Trilogy only worked out to be one album in Warner’s eyes(thus leading them to make RevRad as their 12th studio album and 2nd to last in their contract). I could be wrong but I’ve been pondering this all day. 

you seem to have a thing against Warner and Green Day supposedly has been doing the one album at a time deals with Warner since 21st ended their original contract 

I always got the impression the GD/Warner relationship was ok, not sure (apart from what Billie has recently reportedly said) has come from, am sure @WhiteTim is right.  

The most baffling part of this "we're leaving Warner when our contract ends" thing is that their contract ended 10 years ago :P

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The most baffling part of this "we're leaving Warner when our contract ends" thing is that their contract ended 10 years ago :P

shut up

12 minutes ago, Asik said:

We are gonna get some news today if the 19th thing is legit

haha u r funny.. i like that😃

13 minutes ago, Asik said:

If 19th is legit, we’ll most likely get the news on 19th. 

14 minutes ago, Asik said:

Not necessarily, until the 19th comes and goes we don’t know :P 

54 minutes ago, Asik said:

I am 90% sure that we will get something on Friday.

Beginning to feel sorry for SophieK on Kerrang, she's still trying to talk it down and is now blaming the magazines that picked up on what she said and ran with it, says they should have checked their facts and that everyone (really) knows that she reads out tweets!

36 minutes ago, jengd said:

Beginning to feel sorry for SophieK on Kerrang, she's still trying to talk it down and is now blaming the magazines that picked up on what she said and ran with it, says they should have checked their facts and that everyone (really) knows that she reads out tweets!

I imagine a lot of people and publications that reported on it never actually listened to the audio. If they had done, I am sure several of the websites wouldn't have written about it

1 minute ago, Ross_19 said:

I imagine a lot of people and publications that reported on it never actually listened to the audio. I would f they had done, I am sure several of the websites wouldn't have written about it

Yeah. But again. I think this whole Kerrang! shit is part of the plan.

11 hours ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

what has Matt ever been right about?

He was right for 21st CB, with regards to pre single and even album release

he was right for the vast majority on RR too.

(I wasnt around this much for trilogy era, but i i would assume also!)

Matt is the closest to a 'Source' this forum has, by a longshot(heh)

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

A couple pages back, someone suggested maybe “Songs For Assholes” possibly could’ve come from some kind of inside joke with the band

That was me in the old thread. I thought maybe the name and bio were in reference to the label. But the bio/tagline could have been directed at anyone not in the band's inner circle. Still wouldn't surprise me if @songsforassholes is a shot at Warner.

4 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

you seem to have a thing against Warner and Green Day supposedly has been doing the one album at a time deals with Warner since 21st ended their original contract 

Personally? Not really.

I just heard on our biggest radio station in Austria - that we will get an single on Friday!!!!!! here i'ts already 3 pm !!!

3 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

I just heard on our biggest radio station in Austria - that we will get an single on Friday!!!!!! here i'ts already 3 pm !!!

Too bad low lifers like you dont get banned here

So follow my logic and feel free to tell me if it’s flawed.

There was a statement from GD specifically saying there will be no GD music anytime soon. I just can’t see them saying that if there is a GD single coming any time before September. Therefore if, and it’s a big if, there is music coming soon (as in within the next couple of weeks), it is most likely a side project. 

The guys simultaneous silence on social media right now makes me suspicious. 

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

There was a statement from GD specifically saying there will be no GD music anytime soon. I just can’t see them saying that if there is a GD single coming any time before September. Therefore if, and it’s a big if, there is music coming soon (as in within the next couple of weeks), it is most likely a side project. 

Mike has posted since then, so has Tre (via a stories over the weekend). The only one who's been "silent" is Billie (he posted wiggles on the longshot account a couple days ago). Both Mike and Tre have been spotted at public events over the last 4 days. So they are not hiding.

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Or they’re busy shooting a GD video this week. We’ll know one way or another in a few days. 

Hey, Barry Mannilow is playing The Bowl Sep 6th! 

;) he writes the songs. I’m totally going btw.

(no this isn’t a hint. Just a feeble attempt at humor) and I love me some Barry.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived