Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

what has Matt ever been right about?

Although I do believe Matt, he hasn't been on point lately. The info about the car was cool though.

26 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Although I do believe Matt, he hasn't been on point lately. The info about the car was cool though.

no i’m saying when has he ever been right about anything? why is he a trusted source? 

4 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

no i’m saying when has he ever been right about anything? why is he a trusted source? 

Hmm I'm not sure he's been right about anything. He might have been in the past album release but I'm not sure.

I actually love them staying silent. I always find it boring when a band releases like 4+ singles before the albums out or like the Trilogy where we knew half the songs already., Panic at the Disco did that with DoAB where its a 10 song album with like 5 singles before it came out so we knew half the album. Idk i just want it to be a surprise. One single before the album comes out and little info on it until its out is my ideal scenario.

8 hours ago, Thatsername said:

And what is the promotional intention behind Billie telling a random fan about the single, the album and their future label plans? 🤔 Why should he blab things like this if it's obviously so important for the band and/or the management to keep things secret? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

And yet nobody has spoken about anything here but GD’s new album and when it will come out which might be exactly when said fan was told. Intentional or not, there ended up being a Kerrang announcement and then pulled which made its way to several magazines and non stop discussion from the base (you guys), I’d say they have done a stellar job of a lil free pre-pro.

Every time I log onto this thread, I don't know whether to laugh, cry out in frustration, or continue hiding until something concrete comes out.

Oh well, back to lurking it is. 

9 hours ago, jengd said:

BUT that only came out later, DJ did not say, had a tweet from a random, she said”Sharon got in touch to say....” .  The listener tweet bit only came out later.  If you go back through the thread - which I don’t recommend 😂😂  - you will see lots of debate over who Sharon was, what was the source.  I know we are mad but..... 😂😂

we do appreciate what you are able to give us though Adam 👍

All things to those who wait.  Obviously something is coming. :)

16 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

All things to those who wait.  Obviously something is coming. :)

Seems so. But this week or next year? There's so much uncertainty.

I wonder if anything is going to happen on Friday. Has anyone ever dropped a surprise single without an announcement before? 

40 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

I actually love them staying silent. I always find it boring when a band releases like 4+ singles before the albums out or like the Trilogy where we knew half the songs already., Panic at the Disco did that with DoAB where its a 10 song album with like 5 singles before it came out so we knew half the album. Idk i just want it to be a surprise. One single before the album comes out and little info on it until its out is my ideal scenario.

And yet that’s exactly what will happen if the Sep/Feb release info from Billie is true 😢

20 hours ago, DadBod said:

🙄

@GDFan2019 are you going to bug everyone associated with the band who posts something?

Chill out and have some respect for them. We don’t need to ask if it’s gd related. If they wanted us to know, they’d let us know. 

dude yes. Say it louder for the folks in the back. 

In all seriousness, I don't necessarily believe the leak or disbelieve it. I have just disregarded any sort of "leak"age until either Mike, Tre, or Billie announces it. Then, to me, it will be true and I can truly get pumped. Mainstream media these days you have to be careful believing everything you read. Some of it really is false. 

14 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

If it is true, I will put my copy of Nimrod in the blender, then put my blender in a specially purchased larger blender and blend the blender

Imagining this is beautiful. :lol: 

1 hour ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

From what I remember he was accurate  about everything when bang bang cane out as a single and gave a lot of accurate information about Revolution Radio 

32 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if anything is going to happen on Friday. Has anyone ever dropped a surprise single without an announcement before? 

Never

55 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

dude yes. Say it louder for the folks in the back. 

In all seriousness, I don't necessarily believe the leak or disbelieve it. I have just disregarded any sort of "leak"age until either Mike, Tre, or Billie announces it. Then, to me, it will be true and I can truly get pumped. Mainstream media these days you have to be careful believing everything you read. Some of it really is false. 

Thanks! I’m trying to. Also with you on the rest of this. 🙌🏼🙌🏼

38 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Never

Lol not never. But GD never did that. 

22 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Lol not never. But GD never did that. 

I think he was being sarcastic. It’s done all the time now.

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Hmm I'm not sure he's been right about anything. He might have been in the past album release but I'm not sure.

I had one thing that ended up false; I admitted and apologized for that. Sorry again.

7 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I had one thing that ended up false; I admitted and apologized for that. Sorry again.

No need to apologize. I'm not criticizing. It's just hard to say you've been right given the results haven't appeared yet. They still might over time!

15 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Don’t worry about it man. We all make mistakes. By the way, I can’t wait to see what they have planned with the RevRad car. Music video perhaps?

Just a thought that popped in my head:

The possible working title or nickname for this album session-“Songs For Assholes” is probably directed at Warner if they’re hoping to leave them after this last album. Warner is the “Assholes” they have to write “songs for” since the Trilogy only worked out to be one album in Warner’s eyes(thus leading them to make RevRad as their 12th studio album and 2nd to last in their contract). I could be wrong but I’ve been pondering this all day. 

1 minute ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

The possible working title or nickname for this album session-“Songs For Assholes” is probably directed at Warner if they’re hoping to leave them after this last album. Warner is the “Assholes” they have to write “songs for” since the Trilogy only worked out to be one album in Warner’s eyes(thus leading them to make RevRad as their 12th studio album and 2nd to last in their contract). I could be wrong but I’ve been pondering this all day. 

Possibly. Although that would be highly immature to act like that towards a company that has worked with them for over 30 years.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Possibly. Although that would be highly immature to act like that towards a company that has worked with them for over 30 years.

Billie’s been immature in the past. I’m sure there’s been highs and lows with their relationship with Warner. Frank Zappa had some choice words about them back in the day. 

3 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

A couple pages back, someone suggested maybe “Songs For Assholes” possibly could’ve come from some kind of inside joke with the band

2 minutes ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Billie’s been immature in the past. I’m sure there’s been highs and lows with their relationship with Warner. Frank Zappa had some choice words about them back in the day. 

Speaking of Warner, there was that whole WMG-YouTube fiasco 10 years ago when everything, including Green Day music was pulled from the site.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived