Hermione

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

At least two of them?

Homecoming and forever now off the top of my head

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Do any Green Day songs contain the word guitar?  

7 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

At least two of them?

Homecoming/Rock n Roll Girlfriend: “I play the shit out the drums and I can play the guitar”

Lady Cobra: “Drinking piss for cheap guitars”

Forever Now: “But I can play the guitar until it hurts like hell”

1 minute ago, Jankowski576 said:

Homecoming and forever now off the top of my head

Those are the two I can think of. Not sure if there are any more

Edit: @GDFan2019 corrected me

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Well, tbh I would certainly hope the number of people who actually want them to specifically produce a bad album, just as long as it can break the mainstream is incredibly small. I mean, anything else would just be silly really :lol:

I agree. I don’t think “mainstream success” and “good album” are possible simultaneously anymore. American Idiot or Dookie would have never had mainstream success if they was released today.

1 hour ago, Laly said:

I should've known Kerrang and only Kerrang were the ones capable of such a big fucking lie. And Billie, Mike and Tré posting those pics on the very same day... totally breaks my heart and hopes now. I honestly think they should have said something then 💔

Should’ve said something about what? I don’t understand. And why would the pics they posted break your hopes?

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I agree. I don’t think “mainstream success” and “good album” are possible simultaneously anymore. American Idiot or Dookie would have never had mainstream success if they was released today.

Should’ve said something about what? I don’t understand. And why would the pics they posted break your hopes?

I agree with your first paragraph. Today’s music world is not based on how good an album is, it’s all singles. 

People think the kerrang radio thing and the guys posts that day are connected or have some giant hidden message.

The band did say something, via their spokesperson in kerrang Magazine. They pay people to speak to media on their behalf when the guys are on break or not on tour/doing media. (This is not at you, neverdone)

On 7/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, Matt. said:

Not to my knowledge. But, plans could have changed.

@Matt. sorry to dig up a previous comment out of order. We have 2 possibilities on the album release and your sources seem to indicate a quicker release schedule while  @TJChrobo interaction with Billie indicates a later one. What was the date of TJ’s show/interaction with Billie and when did you get info about stuff happening this summer? Are you able to answer that? It might make it clearer as to whether plans were changed since you heard the “Green Day focus of the summer” info if TJ got his info after you. 

7 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

@Matt. sorry to dig up a previous comment out of order. We have 2 possibilities on the album release and your sources seem to indicate a quicker release schedule while  @TJChrobo interaction with Billie indicates a later one. What was the date of TJ’s show/interaction with Billie and when did you get info about stuff happening this summer? Are you able to answer that? It might make it clearer as to whether plans were changed since you heard the “Green Day focus of the summer” info if TJ got his info after you. 

TJs date was the longshot show early June (pioneer town, ca)

18 minutes ago, DadBod said:

TJs date was the longshot show early June (pioneer town, ca)

Thanks, I didn’t want to look that up. Just wondering how that time period jives with @Matt.  Info, but I’m not sure if he can answer that. 

So the Bob Gruen book according to Amazon is scheduled to be released Tuesday August 27. That’s a bit earlier than I remembered I thought it was estimated September so they may have moved it up. That could be significant because if timed to coincide with the first Green Day single it could come Friday of that week or soon after. 

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So the Bob Gruen book according to Amazon is scheduled to be released Tuesday August 27. That’s a bit earlier than I remembered I thought it was estimated September so they may have moved it up. That could be significant because if timed to coincide with the first Green Day single it could come Friday of that week or soon after. 

I wonder if it’s the album primer though to get some buzz generating then bam September is new GD

28 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I wonder if it’s the album primer though to get some buzz generating then bam September is new GD

I hope we don’t actually have to wait until February for the album

Poor guy. He must have faced a blitzkrieg from fans

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Poor guy. He must have faced a blitzkrieg from fans

Not exactly, just 3 comments and I was the one that suggested Green Day

🙄

@GDFan2019 are you going to bug everyone associated with the band who posts something?

Chill out and have some respect for them. We don’t need to ask if it’s gd related. If they wanted us to know, they’d let us know. 

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

🙄

@GDFan2019 are you going to bug everyone associated with the band who posts something?

Chill out and have some respect for them. We don’t need to ask if it’s gd related. If they wanted us to know, they’d let us know. 

Butch Walker was the one bombarded by the most fans

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Butch Walker was the one bombarded by the most fans

You completely missed the point... 

I get Billie has written a lot of songs about 80 but this title seems made up "An ode to Adrienne."

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I found another 4chan "leak" by the original dude. I don't know if it was posted here yet but I haven't seen it so here ya go: 

http://boards.4channel.org/mu/thread/88937196#p88937213

"Source", or rather: I went on GDC and some dude said he spoke to Billie and said these things. (I'm not saying I don't believe what's been said, but I'm also not fully believing anything until we see some actual news)

4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I get Billie has written a lot of songs about 80 but this title seems made up "An ode to Adrienne."

Yeah... I doubt they'd make the title THIS obvious if it was related to Adrienne.

I was prepared to believe it until all the typos. #grammarpolice

If this new leak turns out to be true, I'm gunna put my copy of nimrod in a blender and drink it 

9 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

If this new leak turns out to be true, I'm gunna put my copy of nimrod in a blender and drink it 

If it is true, I will put my copy of Nimrod in the blender, then put my blender in a specially purchased larger blender and blend the blender

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived