Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

6 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Well the whole side project thing would go against what Matt said about Green Day being the focus of the summer.

Exactly! Plus, you don’t see Jeff or Kevin in any of Billie’s latest photos!

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Well the whole side project thing would go against what Matt said about Green Day being the focus of the summer.

I wondered about that too. Maybe it’s a side project and Matt didn’t realize that. Or it’s a wording thing. Or maybe me and @pacejunkie punk are completely wrong about a side project as we’re totally guessing. Lots of possibilities. 

Can someone in the know explain to me why the model has switched to this thing of having a good chunk of singles released before the album? What’s the advantage?

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus, you don’t see Jeff or Kevin in any of Billie’s latest photos!

Which would totally make sense if it’s just the 3 of them out having a good time. Again, it’s very possible that there’s no hint intended in this pic.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

I wondered about that too. Maybe it’s a side project and Matt didn’t realize that. Or it’s a wording thing. Or maybe me and @pacejunkie punk are completely wrong about a side project as we’re totally guessing. Lots of possibilities. 

Can someone in the know explain to me why the model has switched to this thing of having a good chunk of singles released before the album? What’s the advantage?

Well releasing singles after the album release is kind of pointless if everybody's already heard the song before and therefore, there'd be less hype for the single. So I assume that's why most/all singles would be released before the album release. 

After RevRad which had decent but brief promotion for Bang Bang, some promotion for Still Breathing and little to no promotion for the title track, maybe the strategy for this album is to promote the singles better and before the album release date

I wouldn't mind 4-5 singles before the album if it were an 18 track album like 21CB

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Matt’s already been wrong once, I don’t know if the offhand comment about the focus of the summer means anything. It could relate to all behind the scenes stuff, not releases. 

The multiple single release thing seems to ensure better streaming numbers and downloads which is the main revenue source these days, not album sales. 

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Matt’s already been wrong once, I don’t know if the offhand comment about the focus of the summer means anything. It could relate to all behind the scenes stuff, not releases. 

The multiple single release thing seems to ensure better streaming numbers and downloads which is the main revenue source these days, not album sales. 

If I recall someone brought up something about side project stuff and that's when Matt said Green Day will be the focus of the summer...well here we are, almost half way into summer...and nothing, well except for all of green day flipping us off

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

I reckon something will happen at 5pm on 19 July. Like Billie updating the Oakland Coffee playlist.

😂😂 He did update yesterday...

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It could relate to all behind the scenes stuff, not releases. 

Makes total sense. And these explanations for a lot of singles before the album also make sense.

I don't think Matt's wrong about the Green Day is the focus of the summer thing. But that can mean multiple things

It could mean they're only starting work on the album (Very unlikely)

It could mean they're finishing up the album and still doing stuff behind the scenes (Possible)

It could mean the start of the promotional cycle including the announcement, a single release etc. (Also possible)

Yeah focus of the summer doesn't mean releasing music. Behind the scenes focus. I'm starting to doubt this album is even coming though.

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think Matt's wrong about the Green Day is the focus of the summer thing. But that can mean multiple things

It could mean they're only starting work on the album (Very unlikely)

It could mean they're finishing up the album and still doing stuff behind the scenes (Possible)

It could mean the start of the promotional cycle including the announcement, a single release etc. (Also possible)

Matt said the album was done in April and then some extra studio stuff in June. Also possible he’s just reading the tea leaves like all of us and shouldn’t be hailed as the gospel

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Exactly! Plus, you don’t see Jeff or Kevin in any of Billie’s latest photos!

Billie has other friends besides Jeff, Jason, Jason, Kevin, David, Mike & Tre. Shocking, I know.

Just a curious observation, I was looking on IG through Jeff, Jason White, and Jason Freese’s followers and I noticed none of them are following SongsForAssholes. Being the touring musicians, why wouldn’t they be following? Surely, Billie would want them to know the songs in preparation for a tour, right?

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Just a curious observation, I was looking on IG through Jeff, Jason White, and Jason Freese’s followers and I noticed none of them are following SongsForAssholes. Being the touring musicians, why wouldn’t they be following? Surely, Billie would want them to know the songs in preparation for a tour, right?

I mean, there could be a number of reasons for why they aren't following.

First off, it is entirely possible that Songs for Assholes isn't an album/song. Maybe during the recording process (assuming they have started/finished recording) there was some inside joke that started. To be honest, I always thought SFA was in regards to some of their crazier fans they have, so maybe they post like screenshots or something of fan interactions or posts they see. 

Now, if SFA is in fact an album or song, those guys wouldn't need to follow an instagram account to know the songs. 

Or, and this is the big one, maybe the assholes are in fact Jeff, Jason White, and Jason Freese. That would be a wild turn of events.

11 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I mean, there could be a number of reasons for why they aren't following.

First off, it is entirely possible that Songs for Assholes isn't an album/song. Maybe during the recording process (assuming they have started/finished recording) there was some inside joke that started. To be honest, I always thought SFA was in regards to some of their crazier fans they have, so maybe they post like screenshots or something of fan interactions or posts they see. 

Now, if SFA is in fact an album or song, those guys wouldn't need to follow an instagram account to know the songs. 

Or, and this is the big one, maybe the assholes are in fact Jeff, Jason White, and Jason Freese. That would be a wild turn of events.

Then there was that fan that messaged Butch Walker, and Walker replied, “No worries asshole, I got this!”

I think we can conclude we have absolutely no new information from what's happened in the last week.

Kerrang announcing something and then recanting tells us nothing.

GD management saying no new release anytime soon also tells us nothing, as they very well could be lying because they want to announce it on their own terms or surprise release.

So in short we no nothing.

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Then there was that fan that messaged Butch Walker, and Walker replied, “No worries asshole, I got this!”

Right, but wasn't that fan implying that BW would make the album sound poppy or something? Because if that's the case, I think he was just calling that person an asshole rather than sending some cryptic message.

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Uhhhh......

We have an instagram thread for these posts you really don’t need to post every one here too, especially when they have nothing to do with new Green Day music. These are not clues. Greg Schneider made these cool effect photos and he’s sharing them to the Longshot account. That’s it.  

18 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Longshot getting more dates or another album maybe?

Doubt it. See @pacejunkie punk‘s post.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

That’s what rehearsals are for. They wouldn’t learn the songs via 60 sec instagram videos. Use some common sense, please.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We have an instagram thread for these posts you really don’t need to post every one here too, especially when they have nothing to do with new Green Day music. These are not clues. Greg Schneider made these cool effect photos and he’s sharing them to the Longshot account. That’s it.  

So basically what your saying is a new Longshot album is confirmed and the new Green day album has been cancelled?

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

So basically what your saying is a new Longshot album is confirmed and the new Green day album has been cancelled?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or serious... 

4 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

No. The Longshot and Green Day have actually merged to create a super group of 8 members. 

1 minute ago, Zebahar said:

No. The Longshot and Green Day have actually merged to create a super group of 8 members. 

And they can call the album Green Shot or Long Day!!! 😆😆😆😆😆

Releasing singles before the album drops is nowadays the way. Thats right. I compare this whole situation with the process of Sum41. They announce single and album in April and release their album next week. Before that they released already 4 songs of it.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived