• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

Haha I forget that shit like this exists

HOW DARE YOU FORGET ME?!

Just now, Ryan said:

HOW DARE YOU FORGET ME?!

Oh I could never forget about you. I just forget that this is a fan forum and not a place where fucked up people congregate to bitch about each other 

18 minutes ago, fukingcounterstrike said:

I just forget that this is a fan forum and not a place where fucked up people congregate to bitch about each other 

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

6 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

Well I'm not saying they are, I just forget this place is also a fan forum 

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

How come the text in all your posts is strange like that? The words are brighter white and have some kind of background (as you can see when it's quoted here if you compare it to my text). Not a big deal since it's almost the same but everyone's really meant to use the default text colour.

Not a clue, to my knowledge I haven't made it like that. I'll check through the options and see if I can change it. Maybe I set it like that accidently

58 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Not a clue, to my knowledge I haven't made it like that. I'll check through the options and see if I can change it. Maybe I set it like that accidently

If it's just by accident then no worries, I can't tell what it is either and it's almost the same anyway, doesn't look bad.

Just now, steve46 said:

Day almost over in Austria. Such a shame nothing happened. 

Copy/Taste this post exactly at this hour next week. 

2 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Day almost over in Austria. Such a shame nothing happened. 

And it won't on 19th either. 

5 hours ago, Jrem said:

I found this hilarious in light of everything

This radio host did a very unprofessional job imo, especially in this case since kerrang radio is a 'bigger' radio station

9 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Every morning I'm like ''Oh yeah 5 new pages on this thread!! That probably mean a new leak or an announcement has been made!!''
After reading everything I'm like:

giphy.gif

Even without a leak or an official announcement, just 1 small legit info about new GD music would cause not 5 but more likely 50 new pages 😅

The only thing that seems a little fishy about the album and makes me think something could be coming sooner rather than later is everyone playing the stupid game. Butch walker “i don’t know anything” the label “nothing anytime soon” even though we know both of those are semi-fully inaccurate statements

I reckon something will happen at 5pm on 19 July. Like Billie updating the Oakland Coffee playlist.

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

The only thing that seems a little fishy about the album and makes me think something could be coming sooner rather than later is everyone playing the stupid game. Butch walker “i don’t know anything” the label “nothing anytime soon” even though we know both of those are semi-fully inaccurate statements

Right! I’m sure if we were truly not getting new Green Day anytime soon, Billie would’ve posted a video or something telling us the bad news. Instead, all 3 of them teased us with those middle finger posts!!!

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Right! I’m sure if we were truly not getting new Green Day anytime soon, Billie would’ve posted a video or something telling us the bad news. Instead, all 3 of them teased us with those middle finger posts!!!

I doubt he would do that, but still. Something seems off for the timeline to be FEBRUARY, even though I’m sure that’s what Billie said

12 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I doubt he would do that, but still. Something seems off for the timeline to be FEBRUARY, even though I’m sure that’s what Billie said

Yeah the wait for the album after the first single has never been more than 2 months

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah the wait for the album after the first single has never been more than 2 months

Different management and different times. It’s common now to have several singles out before the album. 

8 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Different management and different times. It’s common now to have several singles out before the album. 

I’m thinking maybe the first single, like Billie allegedly said, in September, the second in November/December, and the third maybe a week before the album in February. But why would they be hyping us up now (with the middle finger posts), for a single that’s coming out in September, and an album that’s more than half a year away from now? With everything that’s happening now, I think July 19th seems like a reality!

I think if there was a single coming this month and maybe a September album release, then they would flat out be lying to us with the "no music any time soon" and I doubt they're doing that. With the knowledge that there might be a single in September and an album in February, then the "no music any time soon" makes more sense.

We know an album is coming because of the hints we've been given (i.e. Matt) so it's not gonna be too long, but if Green Day's management is to be believed, there's also not anything coming for a little while longer. So a September single and February album release honestly makes the most sense

Honestly if the 19th comes and something doesn't happen (which most likely nothing will happen), I'll be relieved because then I know it's probably going to be another while

16 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m thinking maybe the first single, like Billie allegedly said, in September, the second in November/December, and the third maybe a week before the album in February. But why would they be hyping us up now (with the middle finger posts), for a single that’s coming out in September, and an album that’s more than half a year away from now? With everything that’s happening now, I think July 19th seems like a reality!

As I said, its likely that the the middle finger pics had nothing to do with the album release. They were just having fun. What happens with you I think, is that you see something and you fit it into your view of what you would like to mean or be rather than what it actually is. Sometimes you may be right, but most of the time you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. Just friendly advice, try to look at things with a more careful lens and this process will be much easier for you. 

I still think there’s a possibility of something coming out in July via a side project though. 

My guess is if there is a release on July 19 it isn’t Green Day but a side project. As for Green Day my guess based on how releases are typically done these days: First single in September, second in October, third in November/December, fourth in January and album drop in February. If they plan on releasing more than three singles before the album, it might explain why they went back in June and added a few more songs to the album. Warners might have requested it after coming up with a release strategy so as not to release more than half the album ahead of February. This gives them more songs to play with. 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My guess is if there is a release on July 19 it isn’t Green Day but a side project. As for Green Day my guess based on how releases are typically done these days: First single in September, second in October, third in November/December, fourth in January and album drop in February. If they plan on releasing more than three singles before the album, it might explain why they went back in June and added a few more songs to the album. Warners might have requested it after coming up with a release strategy so as not to release more than half the album ahead of February. This gives them more songs to play with. 

Or it could’ve been Crush that said, “Okay this is how you guys should do it.”

Well the whole side project thing would go against what Matt said about Green Day being the focus of the summer.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived