Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

21 minutes ago, Lacky said:

I think that, if something's going to happen on the 19th, we have to know it today. Otherwise, the waiting will be a bit longer 

That's the same I am thinking.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait until all this is over and the album is released, then we find outGDFan2019 has been Billie all along! 

In all seriousness I'm not expecting anything on the 19th anymore. Given how frequently info leaks these days I think we would have some sort of evidence to point toward that date.

Hoping is one thing but anyone actually expecting anything next Friday is setting themselves up for disappointment.

47 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Why? Any day next week could see an announcement of the single or it could just drop on the 19th. I’m not writing it off until the day comes and goes, which it probably will.

Because, imo, they must tell something at least 1 week before that day. But I feel like nothing will happen.

24 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Because, imo, they must tell something at least 1 week before that day. But I feel like nothing will happen.

They can even raid the digital stores a day before and act like they don’t care. 

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

See? I knew this would happen! At first I didn’t believe @TJChrobo but then I saw his photos. And now I’m the one that gets criticized for believing it

Calm down, I wasn’t criticising you for believing anything and certainly not for believing TJChrobo (as I do too, certainly that Billie might have told him something, wether the the thing was true on Billie’s part or not we’ll see). I just found it hilarious that you still thought the album would come out “way way sooner than February”, simply because of a bunch of Insta pics by the guys.

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

Can't wait until all this is over and the album is released, then we find outGDFan2019 has been Billie all along! 

In all seriousness I'm not expecting anything on the 19th anymore. Given how frequently info leaks these days I think we would have some sort of evidence to point toward that date.

How come the text in all your posts is strange like that? The words are brighter white and have some kind of background (as you can see when it's quoted here if you compare it to my text). Not a big deal since it's almost the same but everyone's really meant to use the default text colour.

1 hour ago, Ross_19 said:

Don't be stupid, @GDFan2019 is obviously Mike as proven by the amount of exclamation points here

Z14iFOQ.jpg

In all seriousness though GDfan2019 is hilarious and you gotta admire them for staying so hopeful at all times. This thread wouldn't be half of what it is now without them.

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Hoping is one thing but anyone actually expecting anything next Friday is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Shit. I thought this is how life actually works.

I'm surprised reps from the band would word it so iron clad saying "definitely no music from green day anytime soon." I feel like that is bad for business by shutting down all speculation and buzz about a new album. Why wouldn't they say something like "no comment" or "no upcoming announcements as of now" to generate more buzz and hype of a new album...either they might need new management or are just throwing a curve ball and something maybe coming on the 19th...or worst case scenario we really aren't getting any new music for quite a while..

The problem is: what use is a lot of premature hype, if the first release may be scheduled several months down the line? Especially if the hype is then followed by massive disappointment when nothing happens on the 19th. I think (if what they're saying is true) it might sound harsh, but it's the best thing for them to do in this situation. Hype could be generated equally quickly, once they tease us in some other, more direct way.

Every morning I'm like ''Oh yeah 5 new pages on this thread!! That probably mean a new leak or an announcement has been made!!''
After reading everything I'm like:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Every morning I'm like ''Oh yeah 5 new pages on this thread!! That probably mean a new leak or an announcement has been made!!''
After reading everything I'm like:

Thing is: most "leaks" (not referring to TJChrobo btw) appear to be meaningless so far and if there is an official announcement, the mods are usually quick enough to either rename this thread or to open a new one. So, it's easier to save your frustration by just assuming from the start that this thread, with the current title, is 99.9 % speculation and then also discussion based on that speculation :lol:

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Thing is: most "leaks" (not referring to TJChrobo btw) appear to be meaningless so far and if there is an official announcement, the mods are usually quick enough to either rename this thread or to open a new one. So, it's easier to save your frustration by just assuming from the start that this thread, with the current title, is 99.9 % speculation and then also discussion based on that speculation :lol:

Thanks for the tip ahah

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm surprised reps from the band would word it so iron clad saying "definitely no music from green day anytime soon." I feel like that is bad for business by shutting down all speculation and buzz about a new album. Why wouldn't they say something like "no comment" or "no upcoming announcements as of now" to generate more buzz and hype of a new album...either they might need new management or are just throwing a curve ball and something maybe coming on the 19th...or worst case scenario we really aren't getting any new music for quite a while..

Exactly what I was thinking. But with this in mind and @TJChrobo info, I really am starting to wonder (like @LaughingClock)if they are going to put out side project stuff soon and GD stuff later. 

Edit: Possibly a single or album from a side project (Coverups since they have an upcoming show?) on the 19th and then GD on the schedule Billie told TJ. Totally a guess, but that could explain why management said no music from GD anytime soon. 

The other explanation for the statement is that the new management has decided they want the new album to be a total surprise and generate buzz that way. 

I like a mystery.

39 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Edit: Possibly a single or album from a side project (Coverups since they have an upcoming show?) on the 19th and then GD on the schedule Billie told TJ. Totally a guess, but that could explain why management said no music from GD anytime soon.

OR the Coverups show isn't going to happen and it will be a secret Green Day show instead, which means we will get the new single on the 19th so they can play it on the 20th and management is lying right now so there will still be a surprise 🤩 But yeah very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I like the theory, but it would be pretentious to take over an event like this.

I agree, the timing of that doesn’t make sense for a Green Day single the day before either

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

If it was a GD announcement it would be but not if it’s a Coverups announcement.

Another random theory: Maybe Tre wanted to wait until February to start the new album craziness because he wants Mickey to be a certain age. And maybe Billie and Mike are filling in the space with a side project.

25 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

And, unless they did only say at the very last minute or not at all it could really make the whole block party a dangerous, chaotic mess.  Can’t see them doing anything which would overtake the whole event BUT could the desire to be at the block party have made them delay the single/announcement?

At another Coverups show, Tre joined them for a couple songs.  Could be possible that 99% of the show on the 20th will be Coverups, but with Tre joining for one song, a new GD song.

22 minutes ago, Montclare said:

At another Coverups show, Tre joined them for a couple songs.  Could be possible that 99% of the show on the 20th will be Coverups, but with Tre joining for one song, a new GD song.

I think this is different because it's not just the Coverups playing, it's to showcase lots of different local bands. A surprise new Green Day song would completely overshadow the event and I don't believe they'd do that, it would be in poor taste.

14 minutes ago, Jrem said:
I found this hilarious in light of everything

I'm glad they're at least having fun with it.

16 minutes ago, Matt. said:

I'm glad they're at least having fun with it.

What do you mean by this? What cryptic new album message is hidden here? Is the new album about having fun? 😛

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived