Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

Yep I suggest to close this thread until Friday the 19th. 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read through the last couple of pages...

@TJChrobo I trust you 100%, I just don't trust Billie on this 😂 I think he might not know exactly when the album/1st single is coming out. Idk I would think earlier if the single comes in Sept. 

But so cool you got to meet and chat with Billie! 😁

5 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think what makes @TJChrobo believable is that @GDFan2019 doesn't believe him :lol:

But then I saw the pics of him with Billie, Adrienne, and Jeff. But I still think the album would be released a lot sooner than February

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But then I saw the pics of him with Billie, Adrienne, and Jeff. But I still think the album would be released a lot sooner than February

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

See? I knew this would happen! At first I didn’t believe @TJChrobo but then I saw his photos. And now I’m the one that gets criticized for believing it

4 hours ago, Xelgrim said:

What makes the most sense to me is that Billie knew the single would be dropping by September at the very latest so said that as a conservative estimate.  Maybe he wasn't even sure yet, which ties in with Matt's hint that the album was done and then was adjusted in some way and was done again.

adjusted:  was poppy.  now METAL AND SCARY.  

7 hours ago, Daddy. said:

You may be right 

It’s still rock n roll to me.

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

adjusted:  was poppy.  now METAL AND SCARY.  

Whether we get new music or not next week, please don't let it sound poppy like the trilogy :lol: 

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

See? I knew this would happen! At first I didn’t believe @TJChrobo but then I saw his photos. And now I’m the one that gets criticized for believing it

Believe whatever you want man, don't worry what the rest of us think

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Here is a pic of me and Kev.

17sttx.jpg

Here is a pic of me and Bill:

10rk4zn.jpg

I have more from that show but I don’t need to upload them all to show that with all the pics from all the players, I have no idea WTF is what.

Here is a pic of my daugter and I since I’m waiting for her to see the dentist: :)

Maybe she knows something?

2chursw.jpg

Ive got lots more pics of me and members of the band and I don’t know shit (yet).

I don’t see Billie telling one random stranger when the album coming and that they’ll be leaving the label after it but stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

So at the latest, we wait til September to here new Green day. That ain't to bad. Hopefully if we do have to wait two more months and have to endure two more months of this nonsense, the song is really good.

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

I don’t see Billie telling one random stranger when the album coming and that they’ll be leaving the label after it but stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

He did do exactly the first part for Trill in OC if memory serves. 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

And like I said earlier he did it last year before The Longshot album.

12 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

He did do exactly the first part for Trill in OC if memory serves. 

But the leaving the label part? That’s what I’m questioning that just seems to be a strange random thing 

21 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

But the leaving the label part? That’s what I’m questioning that just seems to be a strange random thing 

He may have said it apologetically to explain the delay like as to say, “the album won’t be out until February but we’re leaving after that so it won’t be like that again”.  Sounds like he isn’t happy it’s taking so long.

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He may have said it apologetically to explain the delay like as to say, “the album won’t be out until February but we’re leaving after that so it won’t be like that again”.  Sounds like he isn’t happy it’s taking so long.

Why would the label suddenly make Green Day wait that long to release the album after the single?

In 2016, Bang Bang was released in August, RevRad was released in October

In 2012, Oh Love was released in July, ¡UNO! was released in September

In 2009, Know Your Enemy was released in April, 21CB was released in May

In 2004, American Idiot (single) was released in August, Album in September

I can go on and on through all the albums, but you get the point

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why would the label suddenly make Green Day wait that long to release the album after the single?

The label has that power. Why they would do it, I have no idea. Could be they're not happy with what the band turned in. But once the finished work is delivered, I believe the rest is in Warner's hands. Maybe White Tim can shed some light on that?

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

The label has that power. Why they would do it, I have no idea. Could be they're not happy with what the band turned in. But once the finished work is delivered, I believe the rest is in Warner's hands. Maybe White Tim can shed some light on that?

I'd be surprised if they weren't happy with what Green Day made. They're a proven band with a great track record and a solid fan base. Can't picture the label saying, "Eh this isn't good enough."

3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

This and also they may be basing it off of RevRad’s sales. As big an act as they have been they are nowhere near what the major pop acts sell these days. They could have been shunted to the back of the line as a relatively lower performer.  Past performance has little to do with current expectations. The music business has changed even in the last few years. 

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

In 2016, Bang Bang was released in August, RevRad was released in October

In 2012, Oh Love was released in July, ¡UNO! was released in September

In 2009, Know Your Enemy was released in April, 21CB was released in May

In 2004, American Idiot (single) was released in August, Album in September

I can go on and on through all the albums, but you get the point

And this has nothing to do with the five month time span between single and album. That is actually a strategy to maximize sales and streams by releasing four or five singles before the album and building hype as opposed to the old method of album first and then singles people won’t stream because they already heard the album.  The label may be trying to help them by doing it this way because they are not a multimillion selling pop act anymore.

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I'd be surprised if they weren't happy with what Green Day made. They're a proven band with a great track record and a solid fan base. Can't picture the label saying, "Eh this isn't good enough."

I'd be shocked too, but you never know.

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This and also they may be basing it off of RevRad’s sales. As big an act as they have been they are nowhere near what the major pop acts sell these days. They could have been shunted to the back of the line as a relatively lower performer.  Past performance has little to do with current expectations. The music business has changed even in the last few years. 

And this has nothing to do with the five month time span between single and album. That is actually a strategy to maximize sales and streams by releasing four or five singles before the album and building hype as opposed to the old method of album first and then singles people won’t stream because they already heard the album.  The label may be trying to help them by doing it this way because they are not a multimillion selling pop act anymore.

Case in point with current Lumineers album (III). Gloria single released in April. Album comes out in September. Seems to be a new trend 

10 minutes ago, JDA said:

Case in point with current Lumineers album (III). Gloria single released in April. Album comes out in September. Seems to be a new trend 

Seems like most artists release multiple singles now before the album comes out which I hate 

11 minutes ago, Taylor_k2008 said:

Seems like most artists release multiple singles now before the album comes out which I hate 

I do too and I suspect so does Green Day because Billie has said before what he fan he is of the album as a complete thing and having the songs speak to each other. This is a band that released a concept album decades after anyone was doing it. Can you imagine trying to do that now with this marketing strategy? How could you listen to American Idiot when you get five singles first all out of order? How do you tell a story? They really must hate it after all the work they put into an album. At this stage of their career they don’t have to put up with that shit anymore. 

Wow had to catch up so just to address the info that apparently Billie has shared I'm not surprised about the label part and it's actually something I've speculated about here before. 

I take the single date and album date with a grain of salt not because I don't believe the poster but just because that's so far in advance and things can happen in that time that can change the timeline of the album or single's release. 

I'm ready for the album when it's ready for us to hear it. 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived