Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

So Valentine's day 2020 is on a Friday, which is the day albums drop, so maybe they're planning on that! The Democrat primaries start in February too, so Feb could be a good time to release an album and start touring

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

This doesn’t make sense though. In what context would he be kidding with that info?

He'd be kidding if the info he gave was incorrect :P

With Billie's info and Sharon's source's very different take, we're basically dealing with this puzzle:

https://www.cut-the-knot.org/impossible/brothers.shtml

I wouldn't say it's impossible he was kidding. With BW doing the i dOn'T kNoW thing and the Kerrang statement, while there's the 19/7 stuff being leaked at the same time, it almost looks like someone isn't 100% honest (and that someone is Green Day).

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

He'd be kidding if the info he gave was incorrect :P

With Billie's info and Sharon's source's very different take, we're basically dealing with this puzzle:

https://www.cut-the-knot.org/impossible/brothers.shtml

I wouldn't say it's impossible he was kidding. With BW doing the i dOn'T kNoW thing and the Kerrang statement, while there's the 19/7 stuff being leaked at the same time, it almost looks like someone isn't 100% honest (and that someone is Green Day).

Ah, so you’re saying he may have purposefully given @TJChrobo incorrect info. He would have to purposefully throwing us off. Not impossible I guess, especially in light of what Sharon is saying.

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

Ah, so you’re saying he may have purposefully given @TJChrobo incorrect info. He would have to purposefully throwing us off. Not impossible I guess, especially in light of what Sharon is saying.

Yeah, it would be a kind of shitty thing to do, but it's a way to throw us off. Who would expect we're so suspicious that we'd doubt a word from Billie himself.

Or maybe it's time to take our tinfoil hats off, I don't know! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, it would be a kind of shitty thing to do, but it's a way to throw us off. Who would expect we're so suspicious that we'd doubt a word from Billie himself.

Or maybe it's time to take our tinfoil hats off, I don't know! :lol:

Well one possibility is that they changed their mind since the Longshot show and decided to release everything earlier, IF other sources are right.

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Well one possibility is that they changed their mind since the Longshot show and decided to release everything earlier, IF other sources are right.

I wonder how much of this is actually controlled by the label. I’m honestly asking since I have no clue. 

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

That's an option too.

I'm new to this, not sure what to believe.

Its not uncommon for info to be "leaked" and then retracted to create hype. Before this no one was talking about GD (apart from fans, obvs), but now some outlets have picked it up in readiness for a drop. I mean, thats how the steam summer sale is confirmed each year. I mean lots of the announcements never come from an official source to start with, theres always rumours first (news in general not specifically music). 

I find it hard to be a coincidence that Kerrang said something (which got picked up by everyone) and the photos being posted simultaneously along with what some other people are saying. This means that when the song is dropped, the interest is already there. Usually presenters don't just read out random tweet (not in the context of how it was anyway [Said more of an announcement rather than reading a tweet - clearly written down / scripted that way, rather than on a whim]) and it seemed almost to perfect for it to be an accident (maybe just to get clicks etc..??)   and the original tweet is really specific. 

Quick question tho. Who is Sharon and or Julia?? 

The response article seems quite vague with no actual quotes and quickly written? Again damage control. 

My opinion - This is either one big fuck up or one clever marketing trick. 

However, what I think is more likely is that

*Announcement saying new music*

GDC: Yay, can't wait

*News/mags report it*

GDC: Deffo Confirmed

*Kerrang essentially retracts the information*

GDC ( Sarcastically): We definitely believe you...

Kerrang: No... Really

If the 19th comes and goes without any announcements, then, thats fine.

But I wouldn't be Unhappy if there was new music..... Cause I could do with a UK tour. Yet to see them live... 

EDIT: Although I find it weird that music would be released while the Longshot are still doing shows. Also is dead mermaids still a thing?? I saw tre post some shows, but could never find dates for those events. 

*pops in*

Still no actual information from a reliable source? Okay!

*pops back out*

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think what makes @TJChrobo believable is that @GDFan2019 doesn't believe him :lol:

What strange plot twist!

but there’s definitely hidden meaning in their Instagram posts... 😂

1 hour ago, John.reject23 said:

Be quiet

Wisest thing anyone has said on this so far 

While TJ's story does have elements that sound credible and he is coming across as a genuine fan, I'm going to remain in the same camp as the other sceptics. Funnily enough the only part of it I find strange is that Billie, at the beginning of June or whenever this show was, knew the release month of the first single and album, given that they were adding new songs to the album at the beginning of June as we've been rather reliably informed I think. Wouldn't that cast a doubt over any release schedule?

Either way, not calling you a liar dude but I'm just choosing to take it all with a pinch of salt from now on!

58 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think what makes @TJChrobo believable is that @GDFan2019 doesn't believe him :lol:

So this is like the seal of approval 🤔

im okay with what TJ told us about meeting billie

BUT i also have/had contact/chats with other ("big") bands, talking about new music and stuff

they tell you some hints the public fans dont know about releasing new music/going on tour in country XY in XY months, but plans can and do change, especially in the music business

even if billie told TJ sth like "single in SEP, album in FEB", this doesnt mean that its written in stone

so i am still on the train "wait for the 19th july too see if sth happens / we still dont have any legit source or info about when to expect new GD music"

10 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

While TJ's story does have elements that sound credible and he is coming across as a genuine fan, I'm going to remain in the same camp as the other sceptics. Funnily enough the only part of it I find strange is that Billie, at the beginning of June or whenever this show was, knew the release month of the first single and album, given that they were adding new songs to the album at the beginning of June as we've been rather reliably informed I think. Wouldn't that cast a doubt over any release schedule?

Either way, not calling you a liar dude but I'm just choosing to take it all with a pinch of salt from now on!

What makes the most sense to me is that Billie knew the single would be dropping by September at the very latest so said that as a conservative estimate.  Maybe he wasn't even sure yet, which ties in with Matt's hint that the album was done and then was adjusted in some way and was done again.

2 hours ago, TJChrobo said:

He and Adrianne made me think of myself in coupledom and probably others. Originally we were standing in bad lighting and Adrianne came over and moved us into a better spot so the picture would come out nice and made a silly comment about Billie not knowing how to take a good picture.

This is true, when I met Billie during the RevRad tour he selfied the pic and idk what happend but it looks like it was taken by a potato 😂

14 minutes ago, FromTheHollowLies said:

This is true, when I met Billie during the RevRad tour he selfied the pic and idk what happend but it looks like it was taken by a potato 😂

Billie IS a potato. :lol:

3 hours ago, TJChrobo said:

He and Adrianne made me think of myself in coupledom and probably others. Originally we were standing in bad lighting and Adrianne came over and moved us into a better spot so the picture would come out nice and made a silly comment about Billie not knowing how to take a good picture.

@TJChrobo, it's so funny to read this bad lighting comment now, because when their after-show party in Pioneertown finished and Billie was going to his van, I asked for a picture and he said something like "Oh, will it look alright with the car lights in the background?" He's learned the lesson! 😂

wow on the radio today they even said GD fans were bummed cause the news of new music wasnt true so its official huh that kinda made me sad

3 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

*pops in*

Still no actual information from a reliable source? Okay!

*pops back out*

Ditto.

46 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

wow on the radio today they even said GD fans were bummed cause the news of new music wasnt true so its official huh that kinda made me sad

Rumour or not, but Green Day is back in discussions in the music world. I still think it was a planned deed

This is too good to not be a prank. If nothing happens "soon", I'll be disappointed with their marketing department ;)

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This is too good to not be a prank. If nothing happens "soon", I'll be disappointed with their marketing department ;)

Stahp getting my hopes up.

I spent half the day catching up on here...

I just feel so empty right now :( 

Single in sep album in feb sounds very unlikely to me but I guess that’s what I gonna go with if 19/7 will pass by without new tunes 😧 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived