Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If there is a single on the 19th, are Kerrang gonna pretend their fuck up never happened?

They're possibly going to play it off as "being excited about new Green Day", or some bullshit like that.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Sorry but there's too much smoke for July 19th not to be the date.  I'm sticking with it, we're getting a single on July 19th.

How would Green Day back track on what they said to Kerrang though? See, this is the part of the whole "cover-up" conspiracy that doesn't make sense to me. I don't like Kerrang, but them making up that Green Day representatives talked to them seems a little far even for me...

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

How would Green Day back track on what they said to Kerrang though? See, this is the part of the whole "cover-up" conspiracy that doesn't make sense to me. I don't like Kerrang, but them making up that Green Day representatives talked to them seems a little far even for me...

It's awesome, isn't it? This is what happened according to Kerrang....

Kerrang on the radio: "New Green Day coming July 19th 5pm"

Other news outlets, social media and every Green Day fan: "Nawe my god new music confirmed for Green Day by Kerrang! They're playing it next week!"

Kerrang in the office: "Hmm, a lot of attention... maybe we should verify the info."

Kerrang calling Green Day management: "Hey, so is there going to be new music next week? No? Ah, damn."

Kerrang on Twitter: "Whoops, our bad"

13 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I don't think they made it up. The conspiracy is that gd's management claiming nothing is happening wasn't true because they want it to be a surprise next week.

6 minutes ago, Murkrage said:

It's awesome, isn't it? This is what happened according to Kerrang....

Kerrang on the radio: "New Green Day coming July 19th 5pm"

Other news outlets, social media and every Green Day fan: "Nawe my god new music confirmed for Green Day by Kerrang! They're playing it next week!"

Kerrang in the office: "Hmm, a lot of attention... maybe we should verify the info."

Kerrang calling Green Day management: "Hey, so is there going to be new music next week? No? Ah, damn."

Kerrang on Twitter: "Whoops, our bad"

Well, allegedly they're two separate companies, so it wouldn't be the same Kerrang in your scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

So now we got conspiracies! We've come a long way since cHaPtEr 1. God I love this thread. 

I love me a bit of conspiracy..I'm sitting here in my tinfoil hat on waiting for the REAL news

51 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

This is going to be Green Day's Chinese Democracy. Anticipated release date is 2035.

I am starting a new GDC account today, but I will wait 15 years to post about this.

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I love me a bit of conspiracy..I'm sitting here in my tinfoil hat on waiting for the REAL news

So much activity on their IG’s lately, especially the middle finger posts. Something is definitely happening very soon!!!

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

Kerrang! said there is no new single coming any time soon because it's a full album, not a single dropping next Friday. Obvs. 😏

Now THIS I can get excited about 

My theory:

-This DJ Sophie thought she had a credible tweet. She read it aloud on air because she's confident for whatever reason it's true and if it's not well at least it gave her and the radio publicity.

-Fans and music media outlets ate that shit up and GD obv saw that and the questions. GD took advantage of this and most likely they were together in/around Otis at least working on the record and were messing with us. Because that's what GD are, teases. 

-Butch's "IDK What you're talking about" is sarcasm but he didn't announce yet because it's too soon and he's not been advised to.

-Kerrang is going to be like "HAHA JK!" even though people are disappointed (and I'm pissed) because there was really no warning that this was even a TWEET from someone that's an insider or not.

Will we get a single July 19th? I'm going to say no. Maybe I'm wrong and this was all a plan, they will keep trolling and the album is titled "Fake News" wtf do i know. I'm just not getting my hopes up again till it's announced on the GD account.

Back again with more juicy info. My source says that trusting so called insiders on the internet is naive and, frankly, hilarious. There is one true insider in this thread, and it’s not me.

guess who it is?

1 minute ago, I don't care said:

Back again with more juicy info. My source says that trusting so called insiders on the internet is naive and, frankly, hilarious. There is one true insider in this thread, and it’s not me.

guess who it is?

@Matt.

I find it very weird that a tweet like that would be read out like that without some serious info backing it up. May have been a mistake from Kerrang, but I think it was at least planned for then.

Whether the denial is just damage control or there genuinely isn’t a single any time soon remains to be seen, but for me there must have been some substance for that announcement to have been made.

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

I find it very weird that a tweet like that would be read out like that without some serious info backing it up. May have been a mistake from Kerrang, but I think it was at least planned for then.

Whether the denial is just damage control or there genuinely isn’t a single any time soon remains to be seen, but for me there must have been some substance for that announcement to have been made.

we should ask the original source of all of this 19th july thing, this sharon/julia girl who tweeted about the date for new GD music

trolling or legit info she wasnt supposed to share

9 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

we should ask the original source of all of this 19th july thing, this sharon/julia girl who tweeted about the date for new GD music

trolling or legit info she wasnt supposed to share

One of those people aren't on this website - please don't go bothering them and seeking them out like people did with Butch. 

Putting the Kerrang mess aside for a moment, I would like to return to @neverdone2000 ‘s concern about what it could mean for an album to be done in April (I believe there’s enough evidence to support that), then done again as they recorded and added more songs in June, (per our resident insiders) then a release date given of anywhere between Sep and Feb 2020 (based on insider guesses and comments Billie made to fans at the Longshot shows).  

Here’s my theory:

This album is being carefully crafted and worked over by the producer, the band and the record label. It passes through many hands, gets much feedback and is tweaked and changed and added to. I think everyone from the band to Warner are taking this release very seriously. GD are trying to put out something monumental and they will not release it before everyone involved feels it’s the best it can possibly be. I also think this album could be another creative leap or departure and that also supports their extreme caution and care.  They know they do not want to screw this up. Unlike RevRad which they recorded themselves and then dropped complete on the record label, this is more of a collaboration between producer, band, management and execs.

Maybe Warner is putting a little gentle pressure on them to produce something special this time or maybe they said the RevRad surprise was funny but don’t try that again.  This could also be a move involving new management. But this is an entirely different beast from RevRad and that’s evident in the process so far on many levels.  That’s my take.

To me it doesn't seem unusual that it's taking this long. It's not that different from their previous albums - recording during spring, release in fall. They're just taking a different approach to promoting it.

Some of you would have really struggled in the American Idiot - 21st Century Breakdown gap. :lol: 

I have checked with my sources after Kerrang announcement and they said that don't know about any single in July 19th

Quit playing hide and seek games. Just tell us if youre recording, done, release date! Matt, the insider, walker, bill, tre and mike!

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

To me it doesn't seem unusual that it's taking this long. It's not that different from their previous albums - recording during spring, release in fall. They're just taking a different approach to promoting it.

Yeah, agreed. What unfortunately happened is, "impulsive/ADHD Billie" just got a little ahead of himself when he said there would be new Green Day material "sooner, rather than later" :lol: 

Just like when he talked about playing Nimrod front to back and so on. 

Really in my opinion, I don't actually want new material sooner rather than later. I'd much rather like it to be a good album or at least one that was produced with a little more time, care and consideration than both RevRad and the trilogy. On the other hand, this whole thread is really winding me up, occasionally turning me into that precise piranha-like type of fan who can't stop screaming "gimme gimme gimme now", while frothing at the mouth lol

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived