Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

Just now, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

but is there really no music coming anytime soon?

is there

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really is no proof. We've all been lead to believe things by insiders and leaks. The songsforassholes could be something entirely unrelated to green day. BJA only started writing in December I don't see him getting 12 solid songs done by February since that's when they allegedly started recording. Man maybe we aren't actually getting new material this year.

A brief summary: 

I think if any of the insider information is to be trusted (not in terms of the insider's honesty, but in terms of the validity of the information) then it would still appear Kerrang Radio really did make an honest blunder of it. Wouldn't surprise me, since they aren't a great or very professional radio station in my opinion. In that case, the specific date could be wrong and Green Day's representatives might have felt forced to step in, because they had another specific date in mind. It still seems a stretch to me to interpret "not any time soon" as just a few weeks or a couple of months later, but if according to insider information, the album is already finished, then it wouldn't make sense to wait months or years until release. 

On the other hand, if the insider information is not to be trusted (again, not in terms of honesty, but in terms of validity) then it could easily be possible that we won't see new Green Day material until late this year, or maybe even until 2020. 

Leaning on the side of caution, the latter is what I will choose to believe from now on...

7 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

There really is no proof. 

What about this? Butch's answer clearly indicates he knows something and he's involved somehow

pm6M6xClFyI.jpg

6 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

There really is no proof. We've all been lead to believe things by insiders and leaks. The songsforassholes could be something entirely unrelated to green day. BJA only started writing in December I don't see him getting 12 solid songs done by February since that's when they allegedly started recording. Man maybe we aren't actually getting new material this year.

Just because Billie tweeted that he was writing songs in December, doesn't mean he wasn't writing songs before that too. He's always writing stuff, it should basically be an automatic assumption that he's constantly writing stuff. I'm sure we'll get something this year

10 minutes ago, Jrem said:

I had no idea Kerrang! Radio and Kerrang! Magazine weren't affiliated. 

yeah I found that statement quite odd... 

Can someone from the UK verify this? I think they're just doing damage control and they may have used this excuse rather than saying both sections are operated by different personnel. 

7 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Songsforassholes is definitely something to do with Green Day. It's exclusively followed by their tight circle of people and the profile pic is of Billie's pin on his jacket. It is most certainly ran by the band themselves unfortunately, we can't go knocking cause we don't belong there... 

3 minutes ago, kripack said:

What about this? Butch's answer clearly indicates he knows something and he's involved somehow

pm6M6xClFyI.jpg

That's fake

The words Damage Control is overly used right now.

I'm still going to believe we're getting something on the 19th haha when do they all post (only) the 3 of them on instagram? 

32 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Sounds more like a trollercoaster

It's too life changing and I'm wiggered

I find it ridiculous in itself that a radio host would read out a random tweet; posted around 5 days before the time they were on air, saying oh yeah new green day coming and just announce it like it was a sure thing. I can’t understand why someone would announce that completely random tweet on air at a relatively big station in the uk. 

2 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

I find it ridiculous in itself that a radio host would read out a random tweet; posted around 5 days before the time they were on air, saying oh yeah new green day coming and just announce it like it was a sure thing. I can’t understand why someone would announce that completely random tweet on air at a relatively big station in the uk. 

welcome to 2019

dont believe everything you see on internet

Billie looks sad in that middle finger pic of him from yesterday, I bet they were planning on a big surprise and we totally ruined it for them and he's super disappointed in us. We're like little kids peeking at our Christmas presents

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

JohnBrat86 is probably DuckyDuck86 lol

Difference is that DuckyDuck86 knows where the listener got it from :P

my dad works at green day and he said the next album is going to be just like Dookie but also American idiot with a hint of Cigarettes and Valentines. also the network and foxboro hottubs are touring with them

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

My sister-in-law says shut up

(Jk)

you're just mad you cant hear Bratwurst like I have

Just now, DyP said:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA okay this one is the best 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Billie looks sad in that middle finger pic of him from yesterday, I bet they were planning on a big surprise and we totally ruined it for them and he's super disappointed in us. We're like little kids peeking at our Christmas presents

If they just hurried the fuck up we wouldn’t be in this mess 

1 minute ago, DyP said:

what I wouldn't do for a taste of that delicious Bratwurst!!!

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived