Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

1 minute ago, Xelgrim said:

You do realize this article is from 2015 when July 10th was a Friday right?

Man. I changed that in like 10 seconds. You pounced. Lol.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I seriously think it’s true because what else could those middle finger IG posts mean?

Literally nothing? Have you never made stupid instagram posts with your friends? Because that's what it could be... literally... nothing.

Just now, Murkrage said:

Literally nothing? Have you never made stupid instagram posts with your friends? Because that's what it could be... literally... nothing.

Plot twist: It's just a lads day out 

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I seriously think it’s true because what else could those middle finger IG posts mean?

You need to stop seeing hints in every IG post please ahah

It's hilarious that of all the reliable sources we've had, like 4Chan and random guys on a forum, we fell for Kerrang, a magazine we constantly make fun of :lol:

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe: "Fuck you all. Stop believing all fakes news around the web. We will reveal everything when the time comes" 😂

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's hilarious that of all the reliable sources we've had, like 4Chan and random guys on a forum, we fell of Kerrang, a magazine we constantly make fun of :lol:

Haha, too true. Fact is, journalism, in its worse forms usually has to have some sort of backing source. Unfortunately, it’s not always the best but I’ve heard the 19th from a couple sources besides Kerrang but who knows?

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

You need to stop seeing hints in every IG post please ahah

Well in all fairness, in the context of the perfect storm yesterday we all thought it meant something. In the context of today they could have been going out for a beer. I’m still optimistic though, just very cautiously optimistic.

1 minute ago, LaughingClock said:

Haha, too true. Fact is, journalism, in its worse forms usually has to have some sort of backing source. Unfortunately, it’s not always the best but I’ve heard the 19th from a couple sources besides Kerrang but who knows?

Well, depends on the sources haha. Two forum trolls count as one :P

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Well in all fairness, in the context of the perfect storm yesterday we all thought it meant something. In the context of today they could have been going out for a beer. I’m still optimistic though, just very cautiously optimistic.

Umm it's always the beer recently...almost as if they're having downtime.

New album officially dropping July 34th....via Julia and Sharon..

Just now, Im.a.basket.case said:

February 31st

It's good to be a non-believer. While the thing on Kerrang yesterday excited me I never fully believed it so I ain't even mad. Not sure what the fuck is going on now but the point is whatever happens I won't be disappointed. Happy to be hyped up again though, I kinda stopped caring for a while. 

So finally this thread is EXACTLY the same as Next Album Anticipation.

"wtf is going on" is the authentic green day fan experience. It wouldn't be the same without it.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

So finally this thread is EXACTLY the same as Next Album Anticipation.

Absolutely shocking

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a theory, what if the name of the new single is “Mischief”?

I'll let @Beerjeezus answer this one.

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a theory, what if the name of the new single is “Mischief”?

Oh god I hope not. I’m not sure if many people under 40 even know what that word means.

Lol they're posting all these different tracklists themselves

5 hours ago, Murkrage said:

Kind of like... "Dookie"? I mean, the band is named after pot for crying out loud 😂. Heck, they even went as far as releasing a greatest hits album titled 'God's favourite band'. Songs for Assholes would absolutely fit Green Day. A big F you to what people expect them to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’re no longer teenagers so would be really weird in my view, idk just comes across as really juvenile and just wrong :lol:

I see a lot of talk about Dreamcatcher as it was in one of the "leaked tracklists" 

It would be cool to see Dreamcatcher/Oh Girl  make it onto the album I thought they sounded like pretty decent tunes and it's something that they can add into the tour to promote the album but not take too much time away from the classics. Something small they could add to the acoustic segment. 

I mentioned in the last thread it would be nice to see Green Day evolve from where they left off with 21cb and grow that sound but remaining within a 2-4 minute length. 

Maybe the way for them to go is just put out a really solid rock record something like Tim by The Replacements. The rockin tunes really rock and have that energy and then some of the more ballad style songs are just classic well written tunes that anyone would love to sing a long to. 

51 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I’d be massively surprised if it’s not October, MAYBE September but that’s based on history.  Perhaps EP or single then?

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2
  • Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived