Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

Can't wait 'til Thursday !!

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say that radio stations get inside info all of the time, and often are not the best about keeping it secret. I remember when I was driving to work back in 2012 and heard a radio station announce when Green Day would have their concert in Phoenix. This was a full week or so before the actual tour dates were announced. I messaged Andres with what I heard and he was able to verify it with someone from the band's team. So yeah...I have a lot of faith in the radio announcement and cannot wait til 7/19. 

14 minutes ago, legendary said:

Butch's announcement is not GD related

Well, I don't think it was going to be. That being said, although Butch seems very sincere in his statement, it does seem kinda weird that he would bring it up, unless he fears there would be some kind of massive backlash of disappointed GD fans, if he doesn't "warn" everyone before hand that it has nothing to do with Green Day. I just thought the normal thing would have been to ignore all the trolls and just go onto make his proper announcement...

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Well, I don't think it was going to be. That being said, although Butch seems sincere in his statement, it seems kinda weird that he would bring it up, unless he fears there would be some kind of backlash, if he doesn't "warn" everyone before hand that it has nothing to do with Green Day. I just thought the normal thing would be to ignore the trolls and just go onto make his proper announcement...

Maybe he’s just playing with us. Using some poor acting skills

3 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Maybe he’s just playing with us. Using some poor acting skills

His acting skills wouldn't be that poor though imo, because he does actually seem sincere. 

I'm afraid to go to sleep unless something is announced =/

3 minutes ago, nobodylikeswarning said:

I'm afraid to go to sleep unless something is announced =/

There won’t be an announcement today

Just now, legendary said:

they must be cooking up a storm 

3 minutes ago, legendary said:
The gang is in town

hate to say it, but that insta pic and it's caption fit terrifyingly well with the general sentiment of the (hypothetical) title "songs for assholes"... 

am I losing my mind or was mischief in one of the track lists people were posting?

edit: I did a search.  I’m just losing my mind. Mike looks great in the pic tho

July 19th 😍 what a date. One of the greatest dates infact.

So what are we going to do with this thread when come the 19th nothing happens? Are we going to go back to the other thread? Lol I mean Im optimistic but we're still just speculating here too

Ok so now that we got an almost 200-pages long thread, a second thread and (finally) a release date for new song Butch is acting like he knows nothing...

4 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

July 19th 😍 what a date. One of the greatest dates infact.

oh how could i forget?

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Guys, music is released on Tuesdays.  Beginning THIS July, the new music release date has been changed to the 10th, Friday.

[...]

... what? 😶🥴

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Guys, music is released on Tuesdays.  Beginning THIS July, the new music release date has been changed to the 10th, Friday.

It used to be my theory was because music can be enjoyed at home and easily purchased that they left the music for Tuesday and Friday for mass media like movies.

In this day and age, things have changed and now the labels, from my understanding, is that Friday, I believe actually This Friday, July 10th that will be the new changing of the guard for music release.

I personally don't have any idea which song is to be released or if it will on that date. My guess is that there will be an announcement for the 19th simply because there are too many good insider rumors that that is the case.

We shall see.  The fact is, new music is coming this fall in full force and a couple tracks before then and then a fall and winter tour and hopefully an album that will be good enough to bring us to next summer!  Here's hoping.

Eh, “this Friday July 10th” ??

July 10th is Wednesday which is today or tomorrow depending on where you are in the world?

I think we all may be jumping the gun with the whole kerrang thing. Who listens to kerrang? Green Day fans. They could say new music is coming and then say oh NVM wrong information after nothing happens. Could just be clickbait essentially.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I just want to say that radio stations get inside info all of the time, and often are not the best about keeping it secret. I remember when I was driving to work back in 2012 and heard a radio station announce when Green Day would have their concert in Phoenix. This was a full week or so before the actual tour dates were announced. I messaged Andres with what I heard and he was able to verify it with someone from the band's team. So yeah...I have a lot of faith in the radio announcement and cannot wait til 7/19. 

No, us radio DJ's are good at keeping secrets - especially when we're working closely with someone who represents the band and is paying us to keep it a secret until the proper time. Either that radio station in Phoenix is made up of assholes who suck at their job, or less likely they were permitted by GD's team to announce it so far in advance. I say that second option is less likely because typically those kinds of announcements and giveaways are planned specifically to coincide with the official tour announcement.

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I think we all may be jumping the gun with the whole kerrang thing. Who listens to kerrang? Green Day fans. They could say new music is coming and then say oh NVM wrong information after nothing happens. Could just be clickbait essentially.

That's of course possible, but ethically speaking this goes far further than just "clickbait". It would be an outright falsehood, peddled knowingly and maliciously and also without the band's approval. 

7 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

That's of course possible, but ethically speaking this goes far further than just "clickbait". It would be an outright falsehood, peddled knowingly and maliciously and also without the band's approval. 

There's also a big difference between clickbait on youtube vs clickbait on radio, in this case. So if the news is not true, that's gonna damage the reputation for Kerrang. So most likely they're telling the truth 🤗 Plus I'm sure that Butch is hiding something for all of us 🤔

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2
  • Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived