Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe the DJ leak was Butch’s announcement. Butch = Julie! #confirmed 😂

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was right when I said they'll be releasing something on the same day as Order in Decline by Sum 41 is released.

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I mean the DJ could have made it all up or just based it on our GDC rumors.

Actually the most recent excitement on GDC was based on what this DJ said, so it started with her. Then other outlets started after GDA posted about it. 

I am starting to think though that the Butch Walker announcement is about his own music and it’s coincidental that all of this GD stuff came out on the same day, so he’s now decided to make his on another day.

I mentioned about the possibility of GD dropping a new single in July in History class one day while discussing what we wanna do over summer. I feel like a witch now. 

What time are we reckoning with Butch’s “big announcement” (wether it’s in fact GD related or not)?

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I mean the DJ could have made it all up or just based it on our GDC rumors.

I think it’s believable, would make sense for them to know and it’s probably just a slip of a tongue from their part

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

What time are we reckoning with Butch’s “big announcement” (wether it’s in fact GD related or not)?

I'm expecting it to come around 12am/1am UK time (convert to your own time zone as you please) for some reason. 

I am so fucking excited. This is what living should be goddammit!

Just imagine how bad Kerrang will look like if it's not even true. 

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

That'd be a big oof right there.

Just now, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

"So Kerrang, how do you feel about being untruthful?"

"A-uh..."

2 minutes ago, nobodylikeswarning said:

"So Kerrang, how do you feel about being untruthful?"

"A-uh..."

A-uh... we were just giving Green Day a shoutout, and looking at the response, the whole world is looking out for Green Day’s new album. Safe to say that God’s favourite band is still popular.

Because we’re planning to do another terrible album cover of American Idiot. 

Just now, Morse Code Guy said:

A-uh... we were just giving Green Day a shoutout, and looking at the response, the whole world is looking out for Green Day’s new album. Safe to say that God’s favourite band is still popular.

'Finding The New Album' the new movie: out July 19. 

1 minute ago, nobodylikeswarning said:

'Finding The New Album' the new movie: out July 19. 

Alleged movie. 

Butch better not butcher our feelings. 

Whether the Kerrang info leak is accurate or not, I think it will force the hand of the band. If I remember correctly wasn't Billie somewhat forced into announcing Bang Bang because some info was leaked about it? 

Either way, because of the fact that this has been reported on by seemingly all the big music websites, I would imagine the band will have to confirm or deny it soon enough.

19 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Someone's gonna get fired 

Maybe Kerrang messed up the official announcement and now the managers are studying what strategy they will adopt

Maybe they hoped no one would notice :lol: 

I have a small theory that the date might be accurate using Instagram posts (here comes my terrible formatting):

• Boink Joink posted a photo and captioned it 'The 'DAY' on June 19
  • All of Goink Doink got added to the Oakland Coffee playlist a week ago (2nd July) 
  • He then posted a photo of him playing guitar on tour on July 4th with no caption.
  • Moink posted that video today on Instagram of the guys on stage. 
  • Two days ago (7th July) he posted an old photo of the band in a taxi cab. 
  • Troink hasn't really been reposting much Goink Doink content other than that photo of the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video shoot on June 4th. 

A lot of these posts seem to be co-ordinate but it might be pure chance (my Media Studies brain right now is going insane because the use of social media helps create hype for an artist's new music which can help produce more streams therefore gain more recognition for the song). Again, I might not be that accurate, since they just share stuff on Instagram that they seem to like (or in Billie's case you repost videos of you and your wife that look very personal from a fan page). 

16 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Whether the Kerrang info leak is accurate or not, I think it will force the hand of the band. If I remember correctly wasn't Billie somewhat forced into announcing Bang Bang because some info was leaked about it? 

Yeah, some radio station in Pittsburg (I believe) said it on air. I called them and confirmed they said it and then posted on GDA. The next day, Billie Joe announced the premiere on his Instagram.

8 minutes ago, legendary said:

Maybe Kerrang messed up the official announcement and now the managers are studying what strategy they will adopt

Sophie K just replied a fan on Instagram who commented "Green Day announcement??!? Whaa?!" with a "I know right!!!!"

So I think it's not something that she said by mistake on air. 

(pls dont keep asking her)

If true - how does new music get released these days? Are all songs premiered on a Friday now? I base this solely on Spotify's new music Friday playlist. 

It does really seem that we're going to get something this month!

June was just baseless speculation and fake 4chan "leaks"

1 minute ago, Daddy. said:

If true - how does new music get released these days? Are all songs premiered on a Friday now? I base this solely on Spotify's new music Friday playlist. 

I believe most albums and singles are released on fridays because it has to do with getting on the charts as soon as they can? idk though

• Hermione changed the title to Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2
  • Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived