Revrad album cover was a stock photo?

nopride84

Yeah I'm pretty sure there was a whole description of how the cover artist actually set a radio on fire and photographed it for the cover. No way was it a stock photo.

Either they're mistaken or it's somehow become a stock photo since then, if that's even possible

It's not a stock photo. It is a copyrighted image. Nick Spanos shot the cover photo.

More from Frank Maddocks who was the Art Director & designer for RevRad:

There are a bunch of these "free" stock art pages that just steal high resolution photos from somewhere else and offer them as stock art. Though not sure that's the case here. I'm thinking the group that use the image knew they'd get some attention aka free publicity by using it, then saying they had no idea...

6 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

There are a bunch of these "free" stock art pages that just steal high resolution photos from somewhere else and offer them as stock art. Though not sure that's the case here. I'm thinking the group that use the image knew they'd get some attention aka free publicity by using it, then saying they had no idea...

There are a lot of them and you have to be careful about it (especially getty owned images).

They group claimed they couldn't change the artwork because it was already submitted until a brigade of GD fans attacked they instagram post with comments.

I can’t believe the article didn’t do any research into whether it was a stock photo and just misstated that it was. Hope GD’s lawyers get on this. 

It's funny to see this coming full circle - at first we thought the photo was a stock image - then in became Green Day album art - now it gets mistaken for a stock image again :lol:

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's funny to see this coming full circle - at first we thought the photo was a stock image - then in became Green Day album art - now it gets mistaken for a stock image again :lol:

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Archived