I Stole The Blue Guitar

Nick854

Ok I didn't actually steel the real one... but when i posted a picture people on Instagram dm'ed me thinking i did 😂.  This is my Blue replica/tribute.  Id love to hear any input/suggestions for you guys on here.  I took some pictures of it from the same angles as the ones BJA put up a while back and posted them both below for comparison.  Let me know what you think!

TeqQH2n.jpg

CSXJBtu.jpgUXFXgOE.jpgo7uroTa.jpgzB0tqef.jpgrcakle2.jpgDhMs8PF.jpgR3WqgoP.jpgkvPxz0A.jpg

imgur.com/a/Obankip

TeqQH2n.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maddie86 said:

Wow, that looks amazing! Great relic job!

Thanks!  It felt so weird to beat it up after painting it.

I said this over on r/greenday, but side-by-side, I'd have a hard time picking out the original. It's just too good.

1 hour ago, Todd said:

This is definitely the best one I’ve ever seen. Great job dude! 

THanks man!  Appreciate it

24 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

Really cool. You got it just right, hope it plays as good as it looks.

It plays great!  I got it setup by Hans, BJA's tech, so its got a pretty legit Blue setup.  

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

How much was this or how much do the replicas go for ?

Im not sure how much you can get a pre-made replica for.  I dont think i want to know exactly how much i spent on this one over the last couple years.   Well over $1000

9 hours ago, Nick854 said:

Ok I didn't actually steel the real one... but when i posted a picture people on Instagram dm'ed me thinking i did 😂.  This is my Blue replica/tribute.  Id love to hear any input/suggestions for you guys on here.  I took some pictures of it from the same angles as the ones BJA put up a while back and posted them both below for comparison.  Let me know what you think!

This is just awesome! 

What is your instagram?

3 hours ago, Nick854 said:

THanks man!  Appreciate it

It plays great!  I got it setup by Hans, BJA's tech, so its got a pretty legit Blue setup.  

Im not sure how much you can get a pre-made replica for.  I dont think i want to know exactly how much i spent on this one over the last couple years.   Well over $1000

How did you get Hans to set it up? I’m amazed at the authenticity. It’ll definitely sound as real as it looks! I want to hear it now

2 hours ago, Alf said:

This is just awesome! 

What is your instagram?

0NL10

2 hours ago, Todd said:

How did you get Hans to set it up? I’m amazed at the authenticity. It’ll definitely sound as real as it looks! I want to hear it now

Ive been thinking of recording a cover or something.  

That's incredible! How did you get all the stickers and photos to put on it? It's scary how similar they are!

That is epic all the way down to the photo on the back👌

18 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

That's incredible! How did you get all the stickers and photos to put on it? It's scary how similar they are!

Thanks!  You can find some on line but they are usually pretty low quality or inaccurate.  Its a good starting point though.  I drew/traced the stickers in photoshop and then had them printed on vinyl. 

19 hours ago, BeachBum said:

This is really freaking awesome!  Shared on GDA's instagram.

I saw that.  So cool!  The pictures on the left side of the instagram collage are pictures of the real blue.  Not sure if that was accident or on purpose but some people in the comments were confused.   

2 hours ago, Nick854 said:

I saw that.  So cool!  The pictures on the left side of the instagram collage are pictures of the real blue.  Not sure if that was accident or on purpose but some people in the comments were confused.   

I didn't even notice at first! Thanks for clarifying. Now I can really compare, yours is still amazing! How'd you get the duct tape to look so grimy?

Honestly, if Billie ever were to lose Blue or if it were to get stolen some day or something like that, he could just take yours and honestly no one would notice, maybe not even he himself haha :lol:

2 hours ago, Todd said:

I didn't even notice at first! Thanks for clarifying. Now I can really compare, yours is still amazing! How'd you get the duct tape to look so grimy?

First i heated it up and dripped xylene on it to get the red layer to separate from the grid of strings underneath.  Then I rubbed it with scotch brite to rough it up.  Then i put black shoe polish on it and then some different translucent paint colors. 

9 hours ago, Nick854 said:

First i heated it up and dripped xylene on it to get the red layer to separate from the grid of strings underneath.  Then I rubbed it with scotch brite to rough it up.  Then i put black shoe polish on it and then some different translucent paint colors. 

This is true artistry

20 hours ago, Nick854 said:

Thank you for clarifying grabbed the wrong photos on my phone😂  Updated the post.

Also edited your post here so the comparison reads better.

Whoa this is neat.... you bring my "I want to build a guitar"-urges back, pal!

Archived