A very personal Green Day Expanded Musical Universe "sticker wall"

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

I think that one of the best things about Green Day is how they are able to be part of a larger (and smaller in some ways) musical scene, and how they have grown their position in that community while opening it to a broader public. 
This, and more recently also the social network presence of Billie, Tré, Mike and everything that spins around them, documentaries, fanzine, compilations, etc. etc. allowed many fans, including me, to discover and get passionate about a lot of bands, artists and various music-related stuff that otherwise I would have probably not known, or at least not known that well. 

So, it was a boring day at work, I started to think about this, back home I went through my (musical)library, and quickly wrote down a few names that match what I said above: music stuff that I would not have known without Green Day, or that I rediscovered through them. Then I had this idea, which I still don't know if it's very dumb or very cool (or both), to put together a Green Day Expanded Musical Universe (ehm ehm, nerd alert) "sticker wall", with some of the stuff I found and makes sense to me.

Click the image to see it in a higher resolution. 

9addc7725b22348a59d14310ff971868.png 

It's a very personal and partial perspective towards it, it’s rough, from a European perspective so with less access to some kind of stuff, but maybe it's fun! It could be something that can be updated once in a while, or just die here. In case any of you wants to play with it, here is an open .psd version that you can change or expand. Have fun in case!  PSD Download

I know there are dedicated threads and sections for "other bands", but I thought it could also be a nice way also to discover and let others discover new music. If you mods believe this belongs somewhere else, please move it!

P.s. 
Just to clarify, this does not want to be an objective "map of the Green Day world", there's stuff in here that is basically not related at all to Green Day, at least in a direct way, and that might make sense only to me (for example I have put in Dead Sara, only because I discovered them through Sara -Tré’s wife, no Dead involved in this-, when she posted something about them during a music festival she was playing or something like that). At the same time, I did not put all the Gilman bands, but only those I actually started to listen to, not all the GD opening acts, I included bands they toured with or covered like Social Distortion, but not the Who cause I love them but not because or after that, the positioning and size of the stickers probably make sense to me only. And for sure I missed a lot of things that should be in here also for me. Cheers!

I can add Mt Eddy/Ultra Q to that wall I absolutely love Jakob’s music. 

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can add Mt Eddy/Ultra Q to that wall I absolutely love Jakob’s music. 

Damn, I completely forgot about them, poor Jakob, it was not intentional 😭

it's the back of a jean jacket of someone who really wants you to know that they think their musical taste is superior to everyone elses 

Prima Donna (though I only quite like them) and the Interrupters for me.  Saw both bands open for our boys and loved the Interrupters in particular.  I love how Billie shares so much music he’s listening to with us, it’s great, he’s taken me back to some bands I haven’t listened to in ages, I think he much be very knowledgeable about rock bands.

15 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

it's the back of a jean jacket of someone who really wants you to know that they think their musical taste is superior to everyone elses 

I’m sorry you perceived it like this, I was a bit afraid that could have been the case, it was not my intention at all. I am sure there’s plenty of stuff that is not here, and I don’t think I am superior to someone that dislikes 99% of this.

22 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

Not sure if admiting they like Green Day is something a person who wants to brag about their superior taste would do :P

On 6/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, J a c said:

I’m sorry you perceived it like this, I was a bit afraid that could have been the case, it was not my intention at all. I am sure there’s plenty of stuff that is not here, and I don’t think I am superior to someone that dislikes 99% of this.

no malice intended, only jabs 

Archived