American Idiot Musical Arriving in New Zealand

scottnz6789

Hard one.  I'm going again next Saturday and that will be fourth time (we are concert starved here), second time with this anniversary production.  Saw the original one, then an amateur one then these.  It is very good but would you rather put your money towards a GD tour?  I suppose it depends how much money it represents to you.  It is very full on and very uplifting.

Saw this production the other week on Eastbourne and actually learned of the New Zealand tour then 

I would advice against going actually. Did not think it was a good production of the show. The actors are great! But they made way too many terrible changes. 

Should have come to Australia to see that production, was definitely worth the money!

• 4 months later...

I finally got to see this last Sunday, I am afraid to say I was slightly disappointed :( I am still happy that I went, I enjoyed the music a lot and thought the actors were really good (the girls had the best singing voices omg. BUT, I felt it was a little too vulgar, even for my taste. Too much dry humping and middle fingers and things like that, it just seemed unnatural and forced. Am I to understand from previous posts that what I saw is not like the original musical?

54 minutes ago, Dai. said:

I finally got to see this last Sunday, I am afraid to say I was slightly disappointed :( I am still happy that I went, I enjoyed the music a lot and thought the actors were really good (the girls had the best singing voices omg. BUT, I felt it was a little too vulgar, even for my taste. Too much dry humping and middle fingers and things like that, it just seemed unnatural and forced. Am I to understand from previous posts that what I saw is not like the original musical?

Yes, I think that over the years, they have tried so hard to not let it become watered down and more like a standard "jazz hands" musical that they have gone the other way and have, as @Liam said above, overdone the vulgarity, they have made all the crotch grabbing etc a bit ridiculous, it just depends on each production , they will all be slightly different.  Funnily enough, one of the best I have seen was an amateur production, I think they weren't trying so hard to be cool kids 😂

Archived