Don't Wanna Fall In Love cover

Collingordon96

I threw this together pretty quick. I think we've all related to this song at some point.

Hey man that's good stuff! I enjoyed it, you played it a bit faster but it created a good surge of energy in the song and I typically gravitate towards faster songs myself. 

The vocals were good and I like how you took off in some of the vocal parts and made it your own. We all have different vocal ranges and feed off specific notes differently. For example Billie may not have gone for that higher one that you did near the end of the song however, someone like Freddie Mercury may have gone an octave higher. That's what brings the personality and uniqueness of our singing voices and vocal phrasings. 

In terms of constructive criticism I'll single that out to the last bar of the solo. The solo lost some dynamics in the last bar. The last note specifically should have popped it would have given the entire solo some conviction. However, the solo as a whole was played well and as a musician and someone that records often I'm nitpicking. 

All in all it was cool and you held my attention (trust me I have no attention span so it's a big compliment). 

12 hours ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Hey man that's good stuff! I enjoyed it, you played it a bit faster but it created a good surge of energy in the song and I typically gravitate towards faster songs myself. 

The vocals were good and I like how you took off in some of the vocal parts and made it your own. We all have different vocal ranges and feed off specific notes differently. For example Billie may not have gone for that higher one that you did near the end of the song however, someone like Freddie Mercury may have gone an octave higher. That's what brings the personality and uniqueness of our singing voices and vocal phrasings. 

In terms of constructive criticism I'll single that out to the last bar of the solo. The solo lost some dynamics in the last bar. The last note specifically should have popped it would have given the entire solo some conviction. However, the solo as a whole was played well and as a musician and someone that records often I'm nitpicking. 

All in all it was cool and you held my attention (trust me I have no attention span so it's a big compliment). 

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen, and great feedback too! I will say that I threw this together pretty fast. Popped in the Shenanigans CD and was like, "oh I like this song, let me post a vid real quick". I have some more full versions of their songs recorded, you can check my post history for those. However, I've upgraded my recording equipment a bunch since then so I might post some more high quality ones soon. Anyways, thanks again! 

6 hours ago, Collingordon96 said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen, and great feedback too! I will say that I threw this together pretty fast. Popped in the Shenanigans CD and was like, "oh I like this song, let me post a vid real quick". I have some more full versions of their songs recorded, you can check my post history for those. However, I've upgraded my recording equipment a bunch since then so I might post some more high quality ones soon. Anyways, thanks again! 

I checked out the other stuff. I'm not a big fan of the other bands you covered but I appreciate your touch on those songs so good work!

You'll find me to be in-depth and analytical so I apologize for rambling.. It's hard for me to be short and sweet especially because I've spent a lot of time around high profile people in the music industry. About 10 years ago I was heading into the studio to make a record produced by an artist that went 7X Platinum. Unfortunately, other people's emotional and social terrorism didn't allow me to see through the project but I still chat with the producer every few months for an hour just rambling on about recording, bands, eras and different scenes. 

I actually spent an hour talking to another guy who was in a popular progressive rock band in the 70's, he used to practice on the stage left of Rush. Still keeps in touch with them as well. 

One non-performance based piece of advice I can provide is never be afraid to splurge a bit on your instruments. Yes we have all these great programs and plugins for our mixdowns and mastering but getting that perfect input prior to those steps is a huge part of the sound. I know it can be tough when doing this on a budget or as a hobby but the reward of an extremely high quality instrument has endless rewards. 

Archived