The Coverups playing Block Party on July 20th, 2019

solongfromthestars

1 hour ago, desertrose said:

Loved every moment of this.  I had a great time, with my friend there too. First time for her seeing the Coverups.  She loved them!  They sounded great! Love how Billie Joe feeds of the audience energy and his energy overall is amazing. 

There was a lot of funny banter but one funny line was, “Could you turn up the enthusiasm in my monitor?” 😂 Your comment about feeding off the energy reminded me of this. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I yelled at him, “So you ARE a cheap date!” when he admitted he found it on the ground 😂😂

Disappointed that mike didn’t sing any lead vocals. It was all Billie & Jason. 😢

Edit: Mike sang “Sheena is a punk rocker”.

8 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Disappointed that mike didn’t sing any lead vocals. It was all Billie & Jason. 😢

I thought he did Sheena is a Punk Rocker

WARNING: My opinion may offend some Green Day fans. Please do NOT read the below if you are easily triggered. The opinions about to be expressed are mine alone.

Spoiler

The Coverups video was boring

4 minutes ago, Doggins said:

WARNING: My opinion may offend some Green Day fans. Please do NOT read the below if you are easily triggered. The opinions about to be expressed are mine alone.

A free show in the street - guess you had to be there😎

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought he did Sheena is a Punk Rocker

He did. I added an “edit”. 

17 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Probably a good thing I wasn't, I would've been drunkly obnoxiously calling out 'PLAY SOME GREEN DAY COVERS'

Whoa this show looks like so much fun! Really enjoying digging into all these videos!

10 hours ago, The Insider said:

Take it from someone who was — it was awesome as fuck 

Just finished watching the full video and @Admiral_Needa‘a , thanks again, I def owe you a very large beer if we ever meet.

I love Jason but I wonder why he sings Peace, Love and Understanding?  I loved when Billie sang it with Elvis Costello, it suited his voice very well and I wish he would do the whole song.

Great show, so envious of the folk there.

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

I love Jason but I wonder why he sings Peace, Love and Understanding?  I loved when Billie sang it with Elvia Costello, it suited his voice very well and I wish he would do the whole song.

You are correct. I do like that their "dad band" isn't just Billie singing lead. It does give it a nice variety and we get to see Billie play lead guitar - and more than just soloing.

I wonder why Mike didn't sing "Sedated" like he has at the rest of the Coverups gigs. 

34 minutes ago, jengd said:

I love Jason but I wonder why he sings Peace, Love and Understanding?  I loved when Billie sang it with Elvis Costello, it suited his voice very well and I wish he would do the whole song.

On that subject, I would kill to see Billie sing a Coverups cover of Radio, Radio or Pump It Up 

And here's the video to when Billie took out his phone to take a picture. :toocool:

Took him a while to find it, which was funny 😛

After the end of the show, Bill Schneider came over to give her and a few other young fans a Coverups pick, which was very nice :ga:

This paragraph makes me laugh because of where it appears in the story.

“Over the past few years, the band have performed under a few different aliases ranging from the Network to Foxboro Hot Tubs. It looks like they’re settling into performing under this name now with it being inconspicuous enough to stay a surprise.”

It makes it seem like all of the members of The Coverups play in the Network & FBHT.

And how was it a “secret set” when it was advertised a month in advanced? A secret set would have been in GD actually did perform as GD that weekend.

Ugh.. shoddy reporting. SMH

And now I’m getting lots of news alerts about GD playing a secret show last week. 😄😄 We talk about fake news but seriously, the way the media takes news from within Itself without any checking at all is not good for reporting and freedom of speech at all.  One person writes it and that’s it, written in stone!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:38 PM, desertrose said:

Loved every moment of this.  I had a great time, with my friend there too. First time for her seeing the Coverups.  She loved them!  They sounded great! Love how Billie Joe feeds of the audience energy and his energy overall is amazing. I wasn't too close, just wanted some room, not have a phone in my face from the guy in front of me while enjoying the concert,  and enjoy it all.  Looking around there were some surprised faces, of those who thought this was a Green Day secret show until they realized Tre was not there!  LOL  Great event 40th Street Block Party. Can't wait til next year!  I did not take any video as usual I don't. Not a fan of phones at concerts. But hey I am glad that for those of you who could not come out and enjoy the experience, that some people did take video!  So glad to live in the Bay Area.

I agree with all of this! I feel lucky to live in the bay area as well, and have opportunities like this.

Also I just remembered when the coverups first came on stage I heard some guy say to the person he was with "hey, that kind of looks like the guy from green day", haha... 

• 1 month later...

Archived