• Created
  • Last Reply

67195948_10219732972694234_7780408354207

67264388_10219732973734260_5302954811375

Maz

@AvidSleeperMaz

·

15h

My kids are becoming cooler than me. I've lived in the bay area forever, and I was today years old before I met@MikeDirntand@BillieJoeof@GreenDay. They're not even in high school yet, and already met them. Thanks for the best show I've seen all year, and it was free to boot!

Wish I thought my upcoming street party was going to be like this 😂😂😂😂

Man, the bass on Should I Stay has some punch to it. I love how someone in the audience is just about audibly singing Joe's Spanish bits too. Also BORN TO LOSE fuck yes, I just bought So Alone this evening as well.

I really, really hope the Coverups setlists are an indication of the new album's influences and style because they're so fucking great.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, Hermione said:

Aaah looks like so much fun! And Kevin! Now we just need him in Green Day :D 

Swap out Jeff Matika for Kevin.

I’m still recovering from this whirlwind weekend. I posted a ton of pictures on my Instagram @letsdanceon. I was the one who requested “Walking out on Love” and who Billie wanted the Monkees pin from 😂 does anyone have the whole song/pin exchange on video? Can you pleeeeease post it or send to me? Thanks so much!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MetYegh0i/?igshid=vcf7go6o5xxo

On 7/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, JT said:

Full set was just posted on YouTube (not by me): 

@letsdanceon Here you go!!!

41 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Can someone rip this and upload it to the downloads?

(@Todd perhaps?)

Shayne saves the day once again! I will get around to it later tonight :D 

Oh man it was so awesome to relive that moment, my brain was exploding as it happened so I forgot half the stuff he said!!! Thank you for posting (and alerting me) guys!!! I’m most excited that Billie confirmed to me later than night that he is, in fact, a monkees fan non-ironically, something I have only suspected for a while now but not had confirmation of. But getting called awesome by him is the next best for sure 🥰

Finally got a chance to look at the pics on my camera, so here's a couple others.

qwGAYNi.jpg

^^ After a cancelled flight, 2 very delayed flights, an abandoned cargo van at the gate that took 30 mins to move, taking a shuttle bus between train stations due to track work, and finally walking the last mile and a half because I didn't feel like waiting for the bus at 2am in Chicago, this was pretty much my expression all day yesterday too. :lol:

And Jason with his apple shaker. :)

i4PjjQS.jpg

@Admiral_Needa Are you going to be updating your channel soon, pretty please?  And did you get any Prima Donna footage?

On 7/20/2019 at 8:48 PM, Admiral_Needa said:

There was a 7-8 year old girl at the show who I gave my 1st row spot to so she could see better. She then proceeded to watch the whole show with her fingers in hear ears. About halfway through the show, Billie noticed her, laughed and took out his phone from his pocket and took a picture of her. Mike also bent down to say hi to her, which was funny to see. Maybe that photo will show up on his Instagram sometime later :toocool:

Here it is from my camera angle! :toocool:

hXma9jB.jpg

iAKDWFw.jpg

And Here's a still from when Billie exchanged his button for a Monkees one: :ga:

dmW53qv.jpg

Loved every moment of this.  I had a great time, with my friend there too. First time for her seeing the Coverups.  She loved them!  They sounded great! Love how Billie Joe feeds of the audience energy and his energy overall is amazing. I wasn't too close, just wanted some room, not have a phone in my face from the guy in front of me while enjoying the concert,  and enjoy it all.  Looking around there were some surprised faces, of those who thought this was a Green Day secret show until they realized Tre was not there!  LOL  Great event 40th Street Block Party. Can't wait til next year!  I did not take any video as usual I don't. Not a fan of phones at concerts. But hey I am glad that for those of you who could not come out and enjoy the experience, that some people did take video!  So glad to live in the Bay Area.

You are so lucky to have them near your area. Such a huge band...

I mean the only good band I can see often because they live near Quebec is Simple Plan...... and I'm not a big fan lol

(And don't start me on Celine Dion because even if she's from Quebec she's almost never here) 😂

Archived