The Coverups playing Block Party on July 20th, 2019

solongfromthestars

The Coverups are playing Block Party in Oakland this year!

It's free and it's great fun too. Last year Oakland Coffee had a stall and were giving away free stuff :D 

Screenshot 2019-06-07 12.29.15.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be such a cool and chill atmosphere to see them in!

tumblr_psqnwsyVSF1s0h8vqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_psqnwsyVSF1s0h8vqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_psqnwsyVSF1s0h8vqo4_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_psqnwsyVSF1s0h8vqo6_r1_1280.jpg

It's on the same street as Broken Guitars, 1-2-3-4 GO! Records and Homeroom (the fab mac & cheese place which deserves a mention in its own right but Green Day have also referred to it). The Coverups haven't really interested me at all but going to this would be great. I hope people don't just crowd the stage for them and then disappear for the other bands though.

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

This is going to be nuts. 

Let’s do it! 

It wouldn't surprise me after all the speculation, that the coverups show will actually be Green Day.

1 minute ago, Too domb to die said:

It wouldn't surprise me after all the speculation, that the coverups show will actually be Green Day.

I have my suspicions too but I’m not going in with that expectation so I’m not disappointed. I really am thinking of going though just because it looks like fun.

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

I wish!!!

Why not?

People always say it might be Green Day when it's a side project but I don't think it ever has been. They like their side projects and it would be a bit disrespectful to the members of them who aren't main GD members to do that imo. I don't think they'd pretend it was a side project band and then be like lol jk it's GD as if a side project band is worth less than GD. Just my hunch

I guess maybe it would be possible to follow up a side project show with surprise Green Day. Don't think they have so far though. Also would take attention away from other bands at the event.

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

People always say it might be Green Day when it's a side project but I don't think it ever has been. They like their side projects and it would be a bit disrespectful to the members of them who aren't main GD members to do that imo. I don't think they'd pretend it was a side project band and then be like lol jk it's GD as if a side project band is worth less than GD. Just my hunch

I guess maybe it would be possible to follow up a side project show with surprise Green Day. Don't think they have so far though. Also would take attention away from other bands at the event.

I agree, I don’t think they would do that. Doesn’t mean they won’t show up somewhere in town that weekend and just get onstage but that could always happen and there’s no planning for that. 

Last year some people went hoping The Longshot would show up but it wasn't going to happen. It's a fun day with local businesses and music celebrating the area. A surprise appearance like that would make it all about them instead which would be rude to everyone involved. It'll be a great experience without Green Day or Longshot so there's no need!

Here's a thread in On the Road for those who are attending to discuss plans & meetups

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's so fucking cool that the guys still do things like this. Granted they're not playing as Green Day, but how fucking cool is it that you have world known rockstars playing at a little local block party with local bands for free, just for fun?

I'm going! I think it will be worth the two hour drive. I went to the Longshot show in Oakland in June but I have yet to see the Coverups :happy: 

I’m here and we met Adrienne and wow is she the cutest nicest human on earth ❤️ Atomic Garden has a tent next to Oakland Coffee and OC are giving out coffee and goodies. 

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m here and we met Adrienne and wow is she the cutest nicest human on earth ❤️ Atomic Garden has a tent next to Oakland Coffee and OC are giving out coffee and goodies. 

If you meet the trio , ask them about the album without being needy please 

33 minutes ago, Asik said:

If you meet the trio , ask them about the album without being needy please 

Lol, uh... no 😜

Archived